Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Inception or Limitless.There's no words that can describe these 2 movies, just watch them your self if you haven't already - You will not regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    50% will either say Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, The Darkn Knight or Inception. Fact.

OT: There is a huge difference between “favorite movies” and “best movies”, so I would like to separate the categories.

My favorite film is Forrest Gump. It is the perfect dramedy. A hilarious, though heartbreaking, emotional journey, featuring one of the most well-played and best characters ever in cinema. It is a film I can watch again, and again, and again, and it doesn’t get weaker to me at all.

I consider the best film I have seen to be one of the 13 films i Have given a perfect 10/10 rating. But the ones that must have affected me the most are The Deer Hunter, Slumdog Millionaire, Crash, A Beautiful Mind, and Rain Man.
    Note that I haven’t seen many old classic like The Godfather, not yet.

Deleted
    Favorite movie is The Insider.

I also must say, that I never could say something like "awesome" about a movie, they always have flaws or things that I didn't like.
    I guess one out of 100 that I see makes it for me. 90% are below 5 on a scale from 1-10, and something like 1% is 8 or above. So yeah, a really good movie... 1 every 3 years for me.

A good movie is logic (even if it is science fiction) and gives you the possibility to discuss it or what it did imply afterwards, critically reflects society, religion, politics, philosophy of life... something like that. This cannot happen with simple action movies. They are just dull and boring for me. I preferred to sleep in the cinema than watching the latest mission impossible movie, and that was in the biggest cinema of the world, in Sydney. Just an example :-)
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-05-23 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    50% will either say Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, The Darkn Knight or Inception. Fact.

OT: There is a huge difference between “favorite movies” and “best movies”, so I would like to separate the categories.
    Those are pretty standard answers yeah, a bit unimaginative perhaps, and probably also reveal the person hasn't seen enough movies. All decent movies though, certainly better than Harry Potter...

I'd go with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, it ranks highly on both categories (entertainment value + artistic value). Sergio Leone is a masterful director, I don't feel there's a single unnecessary scene in the film and every shot is carefully calculated. Ennio Morricone's score is rightfully one of the most famous in film history, and the acting performances of the main trio are top notch, with Eli Wallach stealing the show at times. It's one of my favorite movies, and I have no problems objectively viewing it as one of the best movies ever made either.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2. Felt it did a better job at the story than the book did
    *double facepalm*
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarface - Al Pacino i can watch it over and over hands down my favorite movie ever.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

My personal favorite movie is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Close behind it are Peewee's Big Adventure, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and The Brave Little Toaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOTR trilogy. That is all.

Live:
    The Jerk
    Princess Bride
    Bottle Rocket

Anime:
    Tekkonkreet
    Spirited Away

Donnie Darko
    The Prestige
    Sucker Punch

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    You will not regret it.
    I regretted the first one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    My personal favorite movie is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Close behind it are Peewee's Big Adventure, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and The Brave Little Toaster.
    Read the book! It's much better, as well as the BGF by Dahl (I'm over 30 and still read this once and a while just to laugh). If you are older (16+), check out Dahl's short stories for adults or "my Uncle Oswald" one of the most hilarious and sexually driven books of his, that still obtains his wit and comedy with a bit more mature subject. Check out his wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roald_Dahl

Deleted
    so many "the dark knight"s i cannot belive it! the most boring movie i ever seen in cinema, the only one i wanted my money back for.

Deleted
    "waynes world" and "the police academy"-movies always makes me smile

Quote Originally Posted by a14 View Post
    so many "the dark knight"s i cannot belive it! the most boring movie i ever seen in cinema, the only one i wanted my money back for.
    Well aren't you unique?

Damn it, I wanted to say Donnie Darko first but schwarzkopf beat me to it. But it's my all-time favorite movie.
    #2 Road to Perdition
    #3 Advent Children
    #4 O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    Last edited by Flappy; 2012-05-23 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2. Felt it did a better job at the story than the book did.
    mfw...

Best or just my personal favorite?

I loved the Oceans 11-13 series. Something about it, just awesome to me.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky Number Slevin, with The Royal Tenenbaums on 2nd...

Deleted
    Dr. Strangelove, Mulholland Dr., Blade Runner (director's cut/final cut), Lost in Translation and Vertigo are among my favorite movies. These are ones that I can re-watch over and over again and never get bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its always hard to choose one single movie, because I really cant. I have alot of movies I really like I'd be here forever :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "My Neighbour Totoro" - Seriously, I cannot watch that movie without having my inner child take utter and complete control, leading to a brain implosion due to sheer awesomeness-overload.
    Princess Mononoke was pretty amazing, I've seen most of Miyazaki's movies and this one just stuck with me.(I like to watch them in japanese with english subtitles, I kinda feel english dubbing just takes away from the movie itself)

As for recent, The Dark Knight stands out. It was the first of the batman franchise I'd ever seen and I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I don't really have a 'best (or favourite) movie ever'. I've watched far too many genres, styles and types of movies to have an outright favourite. In the past 12 months though, I'd probably say The Artist is the best movie I've seen, lately.

i love a lot of movies although i have to say, probably my favorite?
    The Princess Bride. it has everything you could want in a movie imo.
    it's funny, it's got fun fights, a decent story, it's genuinely touching, it's even wonderfully quotable!
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!