Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post

PErsonally, I've never been a reader. I lack an active imagination, so when I read descriptions of things, I get incredibly bored. I just don't do well translating a novel into images, and I often find myself unengaged and bored by the end of the first chapter. I literally haven't read an entire book since probably 2007, and I haven't read one for fun since 2005 or 2006, probably.
    Maybe you need to try some different ones then? Reading isn't for everybody, but many people don't give it a proper chance. There is an absolute ton of shit literature out there, which is why I only ever choose my books via reccomendation. However I too have a vague imagination and have trouble picturing characters or settings - but I still love it anyway.

As for what Mitobunny said about The First Law series, I don't understand what he means about it being easier for people with bad mental imagery... But Abercrombie certainly is a fantastic author, and while his books start off pretty mediocre, they thankfully only ever increase in quality. Try renting the first book "The Blade Itself" from a library and giving it a shot!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    I'm in the exact same boat, joined a gym, best choice I've made in years =]. Eats a good 1.5 hours of my day every couple days and doing my body good.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-05-23 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    When you have so many games installed on your computer that you enjoyed at some point & time...and yet that feeling is gone. So your staring at your computer deciding what to play. Opening up 4-5 games in a 20 minute period.
    What do you guys usually do in these situations?
    If your waiting for something, what are you waiting for?
    I'm having this problem to. I've read books, watched movies and new tv shows, and hung out with friends. Every time I sit on the computer I'm just bored and watch videos on YouTube (usually I get bored of these very fast) or talk with a friend on Facebook.
    I think upgrading my computer or making a new one so I can play more games might help, because currently I'm stuck with playing old games usually on mid settings.
    I'm also thinking of going back and beating my old Playstation1 games again :P
    There's also some scifi shows I could watch this summer, and some pretty cool new movies coming out.

i just log onto wow and afk in org when i have nothing to do.. trade amuses me
    me too, trade is my entertainment when im bored. especially because my server is full/high population. sometimes i cant read stuff on the chat lol