Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Summerfest comes to Telara

Grab your shorts and shades, slap on the factor 50, Summerfest is up for test on the PTS

This is the World Event for 1.9 and it certainly has a lot happening which will have you running around every zone on mainland Telara, date seems to be 27th June......

The quests for Summerfest have all been moved to a new area in Sanctum, remember that pic of all the Auctioneers and Drinks vendor gone? that's where it is, in the shape of a maze, which will definitely cause some people to nerd rage

(note how different Planetouched Wilds is starting to look in the background)

Too many quests and stuff to individually list, so here's how your quest tracker will look...

What are those Scavenger Hunts i hear you ask? these are puzzles for each zone which you'll either solve straight away or will have you running around like a headless chicken

As an example here's an easy one for Silverwood..

Without saying spoilers or where to find items, here's each quests description when you accept them...

Little Scavenger Hunt Part 1:

Freemarch: Find and kiss Jakub the Morose
    Silverwood: Find and Give Hylas a hug
    Stonefield: Find Troll Treasure
    Gloamwood: Find the Tree of Wisdom
    Scarlet Gorge: Jump through glowing rings along the falls (0/10)

Great Scavenger Hunt Part 1:

Scarwood Reach: Plant trees in Scarwood (0/5)
    Moonshade: Swim with the fishes
    Droughtlands: Seek out something underground that squirms and is near flames
    Iron Pines Peak: Find the missing mountaineer
    Shimmersand: Deliver ice cream
    Stillmoor: Take a lap around Stillmoor

A vendor is up but seems to only have titles for now

Someone seems to have a corgi fetish

Finally.... Trapping seems to be up in a rough form on the PTS, trapped my first companion earlier

When you're near a trappable pet, you will see the name appear on your screen and a "temporary ability" net to use...

Simply get into melee range and 'use' the net, voila, the pet is now yours, best of all it does not despawn so no need to camp it if it was just caught by somebody else, yes you can catch it again and no, it's not BoE, it's soulbound

I've also come across a few names that appeared but no mob was there like Green Cobra and a few more so most likely not added yet

Deleted
    wow thanks for the repost slipmat u are awesome!
    The new things coming at 1.9 are exciting! The new event looks fun!Looking forward for the new mount and pets it will have!
    And OMG trapping is coming!! thats a very cool feature,i hope it wont be so simple at live. just press an ability and the pet is urs :P

Trapping - GOT TO CATCH EM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Badass report Slip like always!

Note the name of the Corgi quest NPC.

Trapping sounds sweet!

10+ Year Old Account
    **grumbles** bad news, seems that pet chasing isn't Trapping and seems Trapping wouldn't be coming in 1.9, had a Lead Dev post in my thread about it

What you are finding is actually part of the Summerfest event! The theme of Summerfest is “Scavenger Hunt”, and so lucky hunters will find these critters popping up around Telara for the duration of Summerfest. Currently there are no clues placed in-game for these pets, it’s up to the community to figure out how to get them all.

Good luck hunting!
    At least these pets will be "special"....for a while

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ctive-pts.html

Deleted
    hope that this doesnt means that trapping will never come out.
    Althought is like trapping so ill enjoy this feature for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the buzz and excitement shifted to news of the Expansion let's not forget Update 1.9 is coming soon

The vendor has been added back to the PTS, no big surprises, in fact a lot of the items have already been seen before

A lot of costume goodies for those that like to dress up, here's how the complete Aelfwar set looks in wardrobe

Note also the mythical Marauder Warhelm is now available as well as the famous Bob Marley rasta helm

Fed up of all your old World Event currencies taking up valuable bag space? fear not, they now magically have disappeared from your bags and into the currencies slot under an 'Events' tab

The Gloamwood Instant Adventure is also up and running, glad to report all the initial issues were addressed and so far so good after running over 60 of them, all is smooth and ready to roll, here's some of the bosses you'll meet at level 20-24 IA

Deleted
    no mount at this event??
    hope we get one

Yeah I saw the Aelfwar set on the PTS last week, most pieces look quite good. Except the helm.
    Why is it always helms that are trash? I think I've liked 3 Helms since release, Singed Hood from GSB, Nyx's Runeburst Cowl and the hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Yeah I saw the Aelfwar set on the PTS last week, most pieces look quite good. Except the helm.
    Why is it always helms that are trash? I think I've liked 3 Helms since release, Singed Hood from GSB, Nyx's Runeburst Cowl and the hoods.
    I think that's just on the males. If I remember correctly, it looks a hell of a lot better on females (think it looks like the 1st order druids in the middle of Silverwood).

10+ Year Old Account
    The Helm looks like a clone from the Aelfwar Marauder's Helm from the 1.4 event. Not really impressed with the armor kinda bleh

The new Endless Helm though is badass along with the mushroom cap helm

Alot of the items are carried over from 1.4 (No Mossy Tartagon)

I think the summerfest stuff is just 1.4 repeated. They did say they were going to have new ways of getting a lot of the old world event items since they got rid of the moneychanger and have no intentions of putting another one in (until the next carnival of the ascended at the 2 year anniversary, possibly).

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems they've totally redone a new zone invasion called Summer Swarms, you no longer have to close life rifts, so far i've only seen this event in Shimmersand...

Each 'swarm' consists of a Swarm Queen accompanied by 6-8 'attendant's, all are Elite and can and will roflstomp you

This seems to be where the final boss, called Praegon, will spawn from

No idea what this boss looks like as this event is impossible to do with so few people been around on the PTS, when they say 'swarms' they mean it

Deleted
    btw that is the twidle and the shamble stick at world event vendor?

Play anything but Mage and you'll see that you can solo almost every event with the exception of maybe 3-4 EI phases in total.
    We need a tank soul for some survivability.

Play anything but Mage and you'll see that you can solo almost every event with the exception of maybe 3-4 EI phases in total.
    I lol'd at your avatar

They just need to improve the tank pets a bit more. With my mage, I could solo quite a bit (elementalist/chloro/stormcaller), I just couldn't kill things very quickly. Which is fine by me. Although chloro spells could use a bit of a damage increase. But of course, not everyone likes using one of the pet souls. Mage survivability is just fine, but you gotta sacrifice killing power, which apparently people absolutely hate to do (not saying that about you personally)

Okay well it's two issues, lack of personal survivability OR lack of damage when healing pets.

If a Mage pulls as many mobs as a Warrior or Cleric and has the pet tank them, they spend the entire time healing the pet instead of killing the enemy and do a couple of hundred dps.
    As a Warrior I can pull essentially an infinite amount of mobs, ie I've never been able to pull more than I can handle without the first ones leashing again, and still kill them with ease as I'm doing several thousand dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I lol'd at your avatar
    This movement is going to be a thing, get on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    that is the twidle and the shamble stick at world event vendor?
    Yes, you can now buy Twiddle and the shamble stick...Twiddle is a pet ant as shown in the screenie below

Haven't tried out the shamble stick yet on some unsuspecting victim but i'll assume it'll be the new Scotty wand