Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maghda states in Act 1 when you're finding the pieces of Tyraels sword in one of the rooms addressing Leah that "Your mother shares your fate" (or something along those lines, I don't remember it word for word) Leah's fate is obviously to be possessed by Diablo which is hinted a plethora of times up to the end of Act 3 and actually happens then. I think anything other than Adria returning as Diablo for the expansion would be a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Sorry, haven't had much time to get on. So, basically what happened was when the cutscene where Diablo possessed Leah or whatever came up, some came into the room and turned on our scanner, so Diablo got minimized instantly and I couldn't open it again until they finished scanning... So I guess I missed a few very important details. And I really do hope that they have some expansions. Because this doesn't really seem like a good way to finish the story.
    You can view all your unlocked cinematics on the login screen.

@Malefic, but Maghda was working for Belial whereas Adria was undercover for Diablo. I took that to mean "your mother will soon be dead too mwhahaha".

The "mwhaha" may have been implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Maghda states in Act 1 when you're finding the pieces of Tyraels sword in one of the rooms addressing Leah that "Your mother shares your fate" (or something along those lines, I don't remember it word for word) Leah's fate is obviously to be possessed by Diablo which is hinted a plethora of times up to the end of Act 3 and actually happens then. I think anything other than Adria returning as Diablo for the expansion would be a shock.
    I think she meant for Leah to die there and then and Adria to follow shortly after. Which obviously didn't work out.
    It's suspected Adria was the second leader of the covenant though, before joining Diablo, so I suspect she'll be filling in the void now that Maghda is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    I think you started right. One became 4 when Malthael left. However I think the 3 are Auriel, Itherael, and Tyrael. Those 3 seem to be unified while Imperius seems to be the outsider. And if the prophecy comes true Imperius will become Wrath and leave/get killed, making the 3 become 1 again.
    I just thought that the quote "[...]Though the three shall become one[...]" was just regarding Tyreal's sword. :S
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I just thought that the quote "[...]Though the three shall become one[...]" was just regarding Tyreal's sword. :S
    The best thing about these kinda of prophesies is the vagueness. You realize also, that unless the world really does end, then obviously, these weren't the "end times" so all those prophesies are still good/unfulfilled!

Deleted
    After playing through the campaign again on a new character I noticed that Azmodan says that he will become the Prime Evil when he imbeds the Black Soulstone into his body.

Later on Diablo does what Azmodan was going to do. But he is killed by the hero. But we see the Black Soulstone falling. Does that mean that Baal, Mephisto and the Lesser Evils can still return when they're freed from the soulstone? Because I think it would be lame to only fight Diablo from now on. Shattering the Black Soulstone would return all the evils to hell, right?

Which is weird, because throughout the campaign they keep saying that all evil will be gone forever if they destroy the soulstone?
    Maybe just a silly mistake by Blizzard, or part of Adria's conspiracy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I thought the ending was just fine. The whole message of the last act was that the Nephalem (the children of angels and demons) were the only ones that could stop Diablo. It's understandable that this, and Tyreal's meddling with the affairs of Sanctuary, would lead to some sort of pact between them.

And yes. The Black Soulstone is seen falling from Diablo's corpse, and Adria is still alive. Blizzard wanted to leave an opening for an expansion/sequal.
    But there are no souls in it, seeing as Diablo consumed them. Not sure what she's going to do with an empty soulstone.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    But there are no souls in it, seeing as Diablo consumed them. Not sure what she's going to do with an empty soulstone.
    Can you be totally sure of that? Diablo consumed them in the soulstone, for what I know, so it's very possible that perhaps Diablo is even in that soulstone, too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I was only disappointed by the diablo final fight.. after years of hearing all about these games, he turned out to be as the mini bosses. killed on first attempt, and we two manned it with my fiance dying 1/3rd of the way into it. So basically i soloed the last 2/3rds.

Leah betrayal by her own mother ... let's move on, we need material for expansion.
    Angels - "Hur hur we are the all powerful. What do you want puny mortal ?" .... bam drop on floor comatose.
    Diablo fight ... I am the prime evil and I am going to silently try to kill you with these 4 abilities. Oh no prime evil<human-nephelememelem ... trips over ledge, disintegrated.
    Cinematic ... Tyrial finally stops crying and becomes wisdom, because.

tl;dr ... disappointment.

I feel like the chasing of the witch was good, trying to ressurect the mage was good as well and then act 3 couldn't keep up and act 4 was plain bad aside from the spider boss. Not really interested in expansion as it is now.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-05-26 at 09:12 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.