Thread: Diablo 2

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 2

Hi,
    I recently started playing Diablo 3 because I got it with the annual pass. I have never played Diablo before and I am rather enjoying it. However, I can pick up Diablo 2 for $10 and was wondering if you guys think it would be worth buying. I play games mainly for the story and I have read a lot of threads that say the story in Diablo is pretty crap so I'm hesitant to buy it. Yes, I know $10 isn't much but I don't want to spend it on a game if I don't enjoy it. Please tell me if it's worth buying or if I should be content with what I have.

Thanks,
    Sox.

D2's story indeed isnt that awesome.. my experience was that it was rather fragmented.. I recently played a campaign of D2 again and I must admit that the story did not really stick..

On top of that D2's gameplay is rather cumbersome if you've played Diablo III first, your play-experience will be halted by running back and forth to vendors because of a full inventory..

It was an awesome game at the time, but at the moment it has gotten old and mainly played for nostalgic reasons.

$10 isn't much for nostalgic reasons, but if you want a good game you might get disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    If you had actually played Diablo 2 previously and were looking to get it for nostalgia, then $10 would be an awesome use of your money. If you're just looking for the story stuff I'd have to say you would be much better off checking out various Diablo wikis and fansites and the like to read up on the lore presented in the previous installations in the series. The gameplay is rather dated after experiencing Diablo 3, lots of the mechanics are clunky and irritating, the inventory system is just painful (in D3 you can hold 30 full sized items, in D2 you could fill your inventory with as little as 4 items depending on what potions and things you carried), and worst of all for you the story is presented in a rather lackluster fashion.

It's just not worth the pain and suffering (and the $10) just to get story information that's widely and freely available online.