Deleted

Lightbulb Starting up a Draenei RP guild but need a name.

*title*
    So yeah, on Argent Dawn EU virtually every Draenei RP guild is either disbanded or highly inactive and I hope to change that. Should I join an inactive Draenei RP guild? Probably, but a bit hard when none of their members have been online in a few weeks. Should I look harder? Well I checked the servers RP forum, only Children of Argus (Disbanded) and The Shield of Argus (Inactive from what I can tell, only 14 members and only one actually has any weekly contribution unless the rest RP 24/7 and don't do ANY questing or dungeons) come up. Granted I could have missed a major Draenei RP guild or either of the two mentioned guilds are kicking around but it just isn't stated on the Archives or forum, and if I have do kindly point it out before I make myself look like a plonker.

Back story summary
    The Destroyer is finished, The Lich King slain and The Horde and Alliance are further from peace than ever.
    Palonah frowns as she overlooks the island of Azuremyst, the Exodar is finally in stable condition and most of the damage to the islands inhabitants and very air has been reversed. "Yet why do we still linger here? Why do we only allow a select few of our heroes out into the rest of the world?" she wonders, after careful consideration she nods firmly with a plan in mind.

"We have been idle for too long, many evils have arisen in this world since we have arrived and after the Outland Crisis we have greatly diminished in activity outside our new home. That has to change, it -will- change! I will lead those willing to venture outside our island and capitol, I will make sure first hand that our people are not forgotten, that are ideals remain intact and that our people shall be remembered as the ones who took part in vanquishing the great evils that may threaten our new home! The great prophet declared to us all that a great darkness is coming and that we should all prepare, but personally I don't fancy awaiting for this threat in the comfort of home. I will tackle it where it rises, and those who think likewise should do the same! Follow me if you value this world! Follow me if you wish to test your valor! Your willpower! Your strength and intelligence! Draenei of Azuremyst, onward!"

Deleted
    OOOOOOH A Fellow Dawny! xD

OT: Sounds good, I'd join it if I played alliance at all, but I think you've hit the nail on the head, the Draenai guilds do seem to have just vanished, not seen them at any events in the past month, maybe two.

Deleted
    Indeed, which is why I need a bloomin' name.
    I'm thinking something in actual Draenei to make it seem more unique and less generic. But still stumped. =[

Your backstory doesn't really give us much information on the structure and intent of this guild, aside from fighting evil. Is it a military group? Is it scholarly? What sorts of classes is it best suited for? What tactics would they use?

It's hard to make a name for something when (at least to me) there's little information on it aside from a desire to fight evil.

Deleted
    Fair enough, was late when I made this thread:
    It's gonna be sort of a hybrid of Military/Adventuring, Though more military.
    The best suited classes...well anyone who's a Draenei so that's everything bar Warlocks I believe. Oh and Druids.
    The tactics are situational, So for one event it could be just be scouting for another it could be a series of formations.

If you need any other info just let me know. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I too would like to know the intent, which you seem to overlooked in Madgod's post. From your first description it seems like you want to make them something like a permanent race/group on Azeroth. And as I understand it the Draenei eventually planned to leave and continue fighting the Burning Legion over the galaxy. So if your guild would, for instance, stay behind while the rest of their people left that would help out for suggesting a name.

Just going to spit out whatever names come up. Please disregard the shitty ones and the ones that don't fit within the character limit.

Spear of Azuremyst
    Light of the Ata'mal
    Blade / Spear of Argus (if you want to try and get people to remember the older guilds)

Something relating to the Exodar, Azuremyst, or Argus. Or something. I might edit this in the future.

Deleted
    Ooooh Spear of Azuremyst sounds awesome!
    It's related to Draenei just by name, I must ask what does Ata'mal mean?
    EDIT: Oh right, well the basic principle is that Palonah (My Draenei) wants her people to be more active in the world, currently (As far as I can tell) Draenei as a race have done little since TBC, instead only individuals have gone under banners of various organisations and Palonah wants to gather fellow Draenei and work as a Representative of the Draenei as a race in major events.
    "We have sat idle in Azuremyst for long enough, only individuals dare to leave the safety of our island. But now I say, now is the time for us, as a race, to march onto this world and leave our mark! We will be remembered on Azeroth for generations to come!"
    Last edited by mmoc21a935316c; 2012-05-24 at 04:29 PM.

The Ata'mal crystal is one of, if not the biggest part of draenei lore. It was through the Ata'mal crystal that the naaru contacted Velen on Argus to gather all the eredar that found Sargeras to be rather shady and those who trusted Velen on the subject, so that they could leave Argus and stay pure. It was split into seven shards, the majority of which are missing (see here for more information.)

Light / Spear / Blade are all valid and you can switch 'em up as you please. Spear being a nice one as mentioning spears in a name gives the group a sort of proactive aura, as spearmen are often at the front of a formal military formation and are the first type of infantry to see battle, and I feel this best suits your general feel of wanting your group to be out on the front, helping the world.

Deleted
    Aha! I thought I read it somewhere (Rise of the Horde ftw)

Me and a friend are in the process of taking random Draeneic words and reading them from a non-Draeneis point of view.
    Some interesting findings, Flame and Soul both translate as Ante. And no words so far are randomly generated it seems.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 06:10 PM ----------

So we have some ideas:
    Enkil il Azuremyst (Blade of Azuremyst)
    Kieldaz il lok Naaru (Advance of the Naaru)

I like the latter.
    Last edited by mmoc21a935316c; 2012-05-24 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei translator
    This is the list of words created by the in-game language parser. It shares words with Titan, Draconic and Demonic parser lists, though there are some differences. Draenei cannot understand Demonic.
    Note: The language algorithm used by the in-game "translator" merely makes the words look like Draenei. It does not actually translate words. Therefore, translated in-game speech isn't true Draenei. It is not certain if these words are true words in the Draenei language or not.
    Number of letters in word

Word List:
    One-letter words - E, G, O, X, Y
    Two-letter words - Az, Il, Me, No, Re, Te, Ul, Ur, Xi, Za, Ze
    Three-letter words - Daz, Gul, Kar, Laz, Lek, Lok, Maz, Ril, Ruk, Shi, Tor, Zar
    Four-letter words - Alar, Aman, Amir, Ante, Ashj, Kiel, Maev, Maez, Orah, Parn, Raka, Rikk, Veni, Zenn, Zila
    Five-letter words - Adare, Belan, Buras, Enkil, Golad, Gular, Kamil, Melar, Modas, Nagas, Refir, Revos, Soran, Tiros, Zekil, Zekul
    Six-letter words - Arakal, Azgala, Kazile, Mannor, Mishun, Rakkan, Rakkas, Rethul, Revola, Thorje, Tichar
    Seven-letter words - Amanare, Belaros, Danashj, Faralos, Faramos, Gulamir, Karaman, Kieldaz, Rethule, Tiriosh, Toralar, Zennshi
    Eight-letter words - Amanalar, Ashjraka, Azgalada, Azrathud, Belankar, Enkilzar, Kirasath, Maladath, Mordanas, Theramas
    Nine-letter words - Arakalada, Kanrethad, Melamagas, Melarorah, Nagasraka, Naztheros, Soranaman, Teamanare, Zilthuras
    Ten-letter words - Amanemodas, Ashjrethul, Benthadoom, Kamilgolad, Matheredor, Pathrebosh, Ticharamir, Zennrakkan
    Eleven-letter words - Archimtiros, Ashjrakamas, Mannorgulan, Mishunadare, Zekulrakkas
    Twelve-letter words - Zennshinagas
    Taken from Wowpedia: Draenei Language

This is done for every language in wow. So they can change just for your information.

But as for my suggestion I'd go with something like <Shard of the Sha>

Shields of Argus, just came up with it. Argus is their original home planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    Shields of Argus, just came up with it. Argus is their original home planet.
    Shield of Argus already exist on AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    Shield of Argus already exist on AD.
    Oh, well, sorry about that.

Cheeky monkeys.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Cheeky monkeys.
    No joke names please. =[

I'm not gonna come up with any joke names. I just want to say that... oh there are so many puns. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!