Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeh me and brother started playing for a month ago basicly, i i'm still on chapter 1 agent storie, he com pleated BH story.
    I don't play that much(really i don't have the time for it) so i'm just chapter 1, but still i'm on the third planet and its really boring, hard finding groups etc.

But i did enjoy what i did play from Agent story line, still being grey <.<
    my brother enjoyed the BH story line but HATED everything else, he did sort of like the pvp.
    hes gona continu his sub, but i'm not, and honestly i dislike what they did, brought the game, but needed a sodding sub running to even play it, and i did get 30 days free..so i mean really bioware/EU(i think it's more EA in this case than else, yeh i'm not gona solohanded blame EA for it..)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Should've just made a really fancy singleplayer game instead. O well.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it rather sad that with so much treasure, talent, and time, this was still the best they could come up with. Its almost like Daniel and company just didn't "get it."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I do find it rather sad that with so much treasure, talent, and time, this was still the best they could come up with. Its almost like Daniel and company just didn't "get it."
    People scream about Blizzard putting off games, but they just won't launch a game until they feel it's ready.

I just wish more companies would take that approach. This game needed more time, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I think they got so tied up in trying to make a good leveling experience that nobody stopped to ask the big questions that gives games replayability.

Leveling was great, on the first toon on each side, after that you yearned for something different. Being so linear killed what could of been a reason for altoholics like me to keep playing. Tying into that, leveling after the first one is so bad it makes the legacy system all but pointless.

TBH I still think at the end of the day most of the game problems comes back to one single point, their choice of a game engine. Its caused the population fiasco, its caused the Ilum PvP fiasco, heck its the reason group sizes need to be so small. It made them need to instance planets much lower and has caused some serious load time craziness.

Short of basic features missing ( which could be caused by the damn engine difficulties too) that one decision made so many years ago has done more harm to the game than any other design decision they have made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think they got so tied up in trying to make a good leveling experience that nobody stopped to ask the big questions that gives games replayability.
    I think that was a big part of it. They got so wrapped up in "Story" and "putting the RPG back into MMORPG" that they forgot about the MMO. Even if the engine forced them to lower population caps, then why didn't they make greater use of auto-instancing instead of opening more and more servers? I think that BioWare just didn't get it, when it came to what an MMORPG is, despite having some SWG vets like Gordon and Rich who should have known better.

That is why it just makes me rather sad. So much potential, not wasted of course, but unrealized.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.