Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

GW2 FB,Twitter Lead Muffling any complaints and banning FB accounts from posting

The FB and Twitter Lead is Now banning anyone who remotely says anything like " I am unhappy I can't play this weekend" or "I feel disappointed in the company for not having a Beta for us this weekend"...I mean she is going real crazy lady ban hammer on the player base that are complaining.....what do you guys think? Is this acceptable by her or has she gone over board?

Deleted
    acceptable.

those people need to learn what a beta is.

Deleted
    They already gave a reason as to why there is no Beta weekend this month.
    And they already said that they "aim for one BWE each month but it might not happen".
    I see no reason to complain. It is a Beta and nobody is entitled to it. If the devs say "no beta" then that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    acceptable.

those people need to learn what a beta is.
    Considering the replies I've personally seen on FB and Twitter those people need to learn what being polite is. I feel personally that the CMs are too nice, but I wouldn't be able to have any job handling people, as I'd be swearing at them within 10 seconds, and banhammering EVERYTHING. (Yes, I'd be that person. Yes, I'll never apply for a forum job.)

It's their social network website. They promote discussion. When discussion is off topic, rude or completely freaking illogical they delete the comments. Yes, it's because people are 'unhappy they don't get to play this weekend', but they are commenting so in a freaking post about naming conventions. At the same time they are the MILLIONTH person commenting the same freaking thing, in an irrelevant manner and cluttering up the page with whining of a crowd that always got everything their way and needs a giant wake up call.

I feel very old and ranty today. I apologize if this might make anyone offended.

They are like babies crying over not getting candy.

Im only getting hear-say here. Im not going out on a limb to take a stand one way or another. They never guarenteed a BWE every month, and they made that very clear on several different occaisions.
    People however choose to ignore that, and out of sheer self-entitlement complain when they dont get to play this weekend. Deluding themselves into believing it was their god given right to play the beta this weekend.

With plenty of such people walking around, and posting their unconstructive whine, i can understand people getting bans over their behavior. Are they handing out uncalled for bans? i dont know. I do know that just about all the complaining on this matter is uncalled for.

So, for now, im just gona say that Rule 9 is in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    I am unhappy I can't play this weekend
    ;however, I of course will be happiest when the game is released, so I am not too worried. The game is in beta, and as beta-testers, we're technically only expected to find small bugs, and play the game how it would normally be played. All progress made will be lost upon release (whenever that may be), so I'm actually welcoming less beta-time (because it's less time wasted on my part).

It's certainly something she can do... kinda lame though.

Anet are really not that different from other companies. So whatever, I suppose. Hopefully people that sort of stuff to reddit, forums and blogs to rightfully shame them.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-05-23 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.arena.net/blog/building-community
    The main goal is to be inclusive, not exclusive, to encourage collaboration between communities, and to generate an atmosphere that is helpful, friendly, and above all, respectful. There is an unfortunate tendency in some online communities to encourage behavior that is detrimental to the fun of a lot of players by allowing a rather toxic and unwelcoming atmosphere. We want to set a new standard and make the Guild Wars 2 community a mature, friendly, helpful and inclusive one that is recognized throughout the industry as being so.
    Or in simple terms, if you want to bitch, moan and call ArenaNet scumbags who lied to you about a non-existent beta weekend then go find another game. You don't have $15 a month to hide behind, and thus ArenaNet isn't going to put up with your shit ruining the community.

I wouldn't want to just read a bunch of crying, either, so yeah, she's entitled to ban them. People need to learn to be patient, and be thankful for the fact we even get a chance to play in the beta at all.

But I paid for the beta and the box was free!

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/...50881974164209
    They were given fair warning, and chose to ignore it. Better that way, it also shows ANet follows through. Trolls beware

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Ppl get away with so much in MMOs and they strive to cater to the screaming demands of the community that wants instant gratification. That they then get so self-righteous about any restrictions being placed on them is just laughable.
    I'm all for teaching those of the playerbase that are frankly deluded about their own importance that they aren't in fact special snow-flakes. Maybe they'll then learn to, oh I don't know, be nice to each other.
    Ban hammer away. Maybe if they're pounded upon enough they'll be molded into something resembling civility.

Deleted
    I agree too...reading page after page of negativity just ain't fun. Obviously, if a company dumps toxic waste in your water supply then they deserve to be raged at...but a lot of the raging is unfounded, misunderstood rubbish...and obnoxious behaviour should be squashed.

I am not talking about people being trolls I am talking about deleting simple posts like" I am unhappy there is not a BWE this month"....I am talking about not just removing the post but, banning the person from posting on the FB page and enjoying the company of their fanbase....She is deleting and banning very very minor posts and then people are going to the Arena Net page and asking why they have been banned and it is not one or two people I am talking about HUNDREDS. Think for a second....I totally support anyone being banned for saying anything disrespectful towards Arena net employees or about the game or anything like that but, total censorship of the fanbase not being aloud to express unhappiness or disappointment in anyway....you guys do not thing that is to extreme?...So you think when Hitler and Stalin had people muffled for speaking out against him it was OK?

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 04:44 PM ----------

Where do you draw your line with Censorship...with MMO's and their PR people? It is alright for them to muffle people's freedom of speech? This is totally opposite of everything it stands for to have rights. Trolls should be perma-banned no doubt about that. I just think people with a gripe should not be muffled and banned it is not a good practice...you have to be able to take the bad with the good if you are an artist...and that is what it comes down to. They can not handle criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwitch View Post
    Think for a second....I totally support anyone being banned for saying anything disrespectful towards Arena net employees or about the game or anything like that but, total censorship of the fanbase not being aloud to express unhappiness or disappointment in anyway....you guys do not thing that is to extreme?...So you think when Hitler and Stalin had people muffled for speaking out against him it was OK?
    That's a somewhat disrespectful example in itself. And an incredibly bad example at that in terms of degrees.
    No. I don't think what Anet is doing is extreme. They've given very clear and reasonable explanations. Sorry...but ppl just need to manage their expectations better.
    I approve of ban hammer.

Justified. Sometimes you get REALLY TIRED of whiny, self-entitled twats complaining about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwitch View Post
    I am not talking about people being trolls I am talking about deleting simple posts like" I am unhappy there is not a BWE this month"....I am talking about not just removing the post but, banning the person from posting on the FB page and enjoying the company of their fanbase....She is deleting and banning very very minor posts and then people are going to the Arena Net page and asking why they have been banned and it is not one or two people I am talking about HUNDREDS. Think for a second....I totally support anyone being banned for saying anything disrespectful towards Arena net employees or about the game or anything like that but, total censorship of the fanbase not being aloud to express unhappiness or disappointment in anyway....you guys do not thing that is to extreme?...So you think when Hitler and Stalin had people muffled for speaking out against him it was OK?
    Now, Now let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Hitler and Stalin were political leaders, comparing them to ANY kind of moderation (even those borderline censorship prone) is just a little bit... silly and tends to instantly make your argument... invalid. They killed people, not 'banned', and sometimes I wish the internet was more aware of history before dropping names.

To reply directly to you however, are those posts on the wall normally or on the newest facebook post? If they are on a previous post, yes, they should be banned and their comment deleted because they are Off Topic when they were warned twice not to.

It is not 'total censorship of the fanbase'. I posted on the FB page a few times, respectfully and I'm yet to be banned. =) And yes, I've asked for a BWE, I've asked for info, I've commented on factors that I thought needed to be looked at.

If your post is 'I am unhappy there is not a BWE this month' there is no reason for the post. You are whining. If it's in the post about the BWE it is still whining.

Sadly, 'innocent' people might have been caught in the crossfire because of the stupid amount of idiots that plague the internet, but this is the only way to show that they are controlling what is going on and not letting it to rampage, as it will only escalate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say comparing a person to hitler for banning people on FB is a little outrageous. In fact I think there's a logical fallacy name for it.

OK so good to know that the gaming community approves of censorship...cool. I had no idea I thought we were more hearty then this.