Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where are the GNOME's.........!

Best login since Vanilla/BC

I like it
    At least it's different from a big dragon this time; then again I didn't mind those but it's nice to see something different.

Quite boring, but still way better than current one So I kinda like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs more annoying dragon roaring.

(I'M KIDDING, I'm glad there isn't one!)

Simpler is always better IMO. Looks great and has that old school feel. I read a comment where someone said it would be cool if the season changed in real time. IE if it's winter, it's snowing, if it's spring there's flowers etc. Be a neat little thing to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it, very... peaceful. So very in keeping with the tone of the Pandarens. Love it.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Pretty boring - I would have expected more movement (maybe some critter checking the screen at some point or chinese dragons flying in the background)

i approve

nothing special

but i approve

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the visual tone, as it's a huge improvement over Cataclysm's, but it still disappoints me a bit. Only the trees, leaves, and maybe a lone burning fire way in the background are polygonal objects? Come on now...

I'm not suggesting the whole scene be rendered, but a little more work could be nice, especially after all the work that went into the past 2 expansions' login screens. In comparison, this just seems like someone took a look at the concept art, decided it was "too much work," and said "fuck it; I'll just make (err--copy) some trees and paste the concept art as the background."

The trees are a nice touch, I'll give it that. However, in my opinion, if they had created models of the statues (and put the same amount of detail in them -- this is key) and maybe the house/pagoda on the left, and filled in the rest of the mid-/back-ground with a low-lying shifting mist/fog (to mask the switch between wallpaper and rendered objects -- there's already a great amount of mist in the 2D art, so it wouldn't look out of place if done right), it would look so much better.
    Right now, the difference in color tone between the trees and the 2D art is just too jarring not to notice (the trees are vibrant, while the 2D art is very muted and earthy). I hope it improves...

YES! THANK GOD! NO MORE DAMN DRAGONS! YES YES YES! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Im just a little displeased with the dragons.

Looks incomplete.

That's all I'll say about it, as it's likely what it is. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks ok i guess, i still want the classic one back personally ^_^

Deleted
    it's very nice.

I prefer that kind of Wow than big bad dragon and death.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's looks amazing. Warm colors that invite you to play the game. I just quit (or took a break from, if you will) WoW, but this whole vibe that comes with this login screen is very inviting and appealing. It definitely shows that Mists of Pandaria is a well worked out idea. Especcialy the music is very impressive. I've always had an interest in Asian music. It's very soothing, yet has a hint of epicness in it.

I like it, a lot. With TBC I changed the music back to that of Vanilla WoW. The TBC music was great, but not as great as that of Vanilla. WotLK's login screen sucked with that stupid dragon cracking your boxes. Same for Cataclysm, no good music. This login screen actually invites me to stay there a little longer and listen to the music; something I haven't had since I had the Vanilla soundtrack in TBC. It reminds me of the game menu music of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Incredibly beautiful music that made me stay in the menu for long periods of time simply to listen to the music.

The two big statues do remind me of The Lord of the Rings; the Argonath. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Statix will suffice.

Shouldn't those be panda statues? Why are they Mogus? :s Anyways, its much better than the cataclysm one..

"Looks boring"? Are you people serious? It's a LOGIN SCREEN ffs, do you expect it to be exciting? It's supposed to be simple and unobtrusive to get you in game ASAP.

Talk to the hand cause the face don't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Shouldn't those be panda statues? Why are they Mogus? :s Anyways, its much better than the cataclysm one..
    'Cause the Mogu were in charge until the Pandaren overthrew them. The Pandaren decided it was too much work to get rid of the statues I guess.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

I love it! Gives us the sense of exploring an unknown land... Much like the Dark Portal back in Vanilla!

Much much better than staring at Deathwing´s jaw... And the music... Much better than that desperate tune that bleeds my ears everytime I login into the game!