Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the music, as always. Good job on that front. Utterly woeful log-in screen, in my humble opinion. Obviously it screams LotR Pillars of the Kings with inferior/different graphics, but that's not really the point. As far as epic/mystery goes, they could have chosen so much better. Color-wise, awful, no way am I looking forward to gazing at that every day for the next 2 years. Almost zero chance it'll be changed, obviously, but here's to hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Best login since Vanilla/BC
    My sentiments exactly.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

no way this will be the final login screen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You know what would be nice?

Just a few cloud serpents drifting through the sky in the distance every now and again.
    Wow.
    You just blew my mind.

Please go suggest this on the official forums, immediately.

Nice Log-on Screen but it still doesn't beat the Lich King screen...

It definitely lacks a meditating panda somwhere around the center, and those statues are ugly, but overall I can live with that.

MOP-Release... let me log in... nah bro.. 2 days after release... "let's play the awesome new addon.."... oh.. nic.. wait! I can't login because ALL THE SERVERS are down due maintenance full login-servers messages spam.. that is the point you gonna hate that (idd very nice) login-screen.. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Love the music, as always. Good job on that front. Utterly woeful log-in screen, in my humble opinion. Obviously it screams LotR Pillars of the Kings with inferior/different graphics, but that's not really the point. As far as epic/mystery goes, they could have chosen so much better. Color-wise, awful, no way am I looking forward to gazing at that every day for the next 2 years. Almost zero chance it'll be changed, obviously, but here's to hoping.
    Never been to the Valley of the Kings in Loch Modan then?

Personally I like it, it's very in type with the aesthetic of the Xpac. It conveys a sense of mystery and of the forbidden and the inwardness of the race, after all they have been basically out of the loop for thousands of years and chose this lifestyle, why not put two big statues in place saying "Stay out!".

Then again if this is your argument for not gettin the expansion or if you're just here to QQ, good for you, I'm sure you'll enjoy qqing from the sidelines for YEARS to come.

this is by far the worst out of all the previous login screens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    That's actually exactly what I didn't do. If you bothered to read the post, you'd know that.
    Says a lot about the direction of WoW; while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play - but for the story aspect, it's now picking through a mire of humdrum new enemies and storylines to find the few interesting scraps. The MoP login screen makes Pandaria look, to me, uninteresting and not worth renewing to play through.

_______

Yeah. You did not connect your opinion on the login screen to the direction of WoW and its gameplay. At all. Obviously. My mistake. Or do you mean to say that you play WoW because of the mesmerizing storyline that permeates everything we do in the game?

I love the new login screen. I think it looks very nice and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    love it, nice, peaceful... best of all, NO FREAKIN' DRAGON!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Says a lot about the direction of WoW; while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play - but for the story aspect, it's now picking through a mire of humdrum new enemies and storylines to find the few interesting scraps. The MoP login screen makes Pandaria look, to me, uninteresting and not worth renewing to play through.

_______

Yeah. You did not connect your opinion on the login screen to the direction of WoW and its gameplay. At all. Obviously. My mistake. Or do you mean to say that you play WoW because of the mesmerizing storyline that permeates everything we do in the game?
    I'm just curious, are you really illiterate or just being intellectually dishonest in denying the existence of the sentence immediately following the first bolded part there?

I made it pretty clear that while I don't think that WoW's gameplay is slipping in quality - it's as good as it's ever been, as far as I know (I assume nothing has changed since I stopped subscribing a few months ago). That was this bit:

while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play
    In case you missed it, here it is again:

while I won't say that gameplay is slipping - obviously it's not, a lot of people still love to play

And yes, as a former PvP buff, since battlegrounds sucked after BC and Cataclysm failed to offer anything quite so fun as Wintergrasp (Tol Barad remains a joke), the main reason I, personally, played WoW was for the story. It's the same reason I play most RPGs, I enjoy the story - and I'm not exactly alone in this. What I'm saying about the login screen is that it's symbolic, for me at least. The story is dull and uneventful, like this login screen. The enemies are boring, like the Mogu statues depicted. I can't begin to express how tragic it is to have boring enemies as the main focus of an expansion - this extends to the Sha, too.

looks very cute

I love the art work, good job blizzard.

I love the slight throwback in the music to the vanilla login theme

Oh nostalgia...

Deleted
    I approve this login screen!!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the login screens are getting worse. WOTLK wasnt bad, but i still prefer the original Login Screen. Should give us an option to use whichever we like

Deleted
    Finally! Now we dont need to see the damn dragon!!! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is in the style of WOW. I think it is Crap.