Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    You fucked up and applied an update that isn't released yet because Six Launcher also fucked up, downgrade it using the official files (or wait until tomorrow since 1.7.2.2 will probably be released by then and every updater will have the real files).
    Well, I probably won't be using six updater again. I'll just wait until the servers stop supporting my version so I'm not ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Well, I probably won't be using six updater again. I'll just wait until the servers stop supporting my version so I'm not ahead of them.
    Update to my post sort of, seems both the devs and Six Launcher guys fucked up, Six released the patch before they were supposed to and the official developers didn't, 1 dev said it was a mistake and that people should do a rollback, and now the main dev just officially released 1.7.2.3 and said sorry for the confusion.
    So you should be fine to update.

Love the patch notes:

* [FIXED] Ghillie and skin removal on login ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36666 )
    * [FIXED] Arma X stuck on loading screen ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36647 )
    * [FIXED] AKS_74_kobra classname incorrectly named ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36680 )
    * [NEW] Server side performance tweaks and improvments
    * [FIXED] Infected detect players from too far away (reduced by about 20%)
    * [FIXED] Disconnect updates not being correctly applied (caused inventory issues)
    * [FIXED] Bear traps not appearing for spawn (low spawn)
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it say for you guys in the bottom right side corner in the main menu? does it say 1.61 something? or 1.60?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    What does it say for you guys in the bottom right side corner in the main menu? does it say 1.61 something? or 1.60?

Anyone running the new patch needs that, anyone playing on old patch is still 1.60.

10+ Year Old Account
    howu3rdpersponview?!?!??!?!11111

Enter key on the numpad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks, I don't have a numberpad and can't find the keybind to change. The game is a lot creepier and suspenseful in 1st person, but its also a death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Well that sucks, I don't have a numberpad and can't find the keybind to change. The game is a lot creepier and suspenseful in 1st person, but its also a death wish.
    Play on servers that only allow first person then, everyone is on even terms and the zombies/driving you get used to, in my opinion first person is ten times more fun than third person.

Absolutely love the game! Although the bugs are pretty annoying. Tonight I was reloading on gear from my truck and died instantly upon opening my pack. Things I just lost; AS50 with 50 rounds of M107, M4A1 SD w/ 8 mags, M9 SD with 8 mags, Alice pack, NVG, Rangefinder, GPS and a bunch of other non-important goodies.
    The only slightly positive thing is that we have a few extra of most things, with the exception of the backpacks. The worst part now is that it's literally impossible to find our truck without GPS, so I couldn't rearm if I wanted to unless I find another GPS. I know the game is in alpha stages, but these small bugs just irritate me.

But on the topic of to shoot or not to shoot, it's better to shoot now and ask questions later. My team has learned that the hard way. We had one guy claim he was friendly, then proceeded to chop me in half. Having to trek and gear your gear back can be a huge pain for the caution you should've taken. Also most of the time in the hot areas, the people there have good loot. I immediately went to regroup with my team at Stary and ran into a downed heli on the way which gave me full medical supplies and a AS50! When we got to Stary, we had quite a battle with the locals. It was an all out war in which we ended the night almost dying a few times each. We then logged on earlier today and had free reign of looting Stary. The server that we were on was restarting in two minutes, and as countdown approached we heard a truck pulling up in the distance. We quickly rushed over to find the truck right as the server reset, and tried to locate it right after the server came back up. We found it after the guys spawned in and my teammate quickly killed all 3 of them before they knew what hit them! The truck was fully loaded with anything we could possibly need. Each player was fully decked out with M4A1 Holo SD w/ GL, M911 silenced, NV and everything else. The truck was loaded with about 8 various high end weapons and about 10-15 magazines for each, and plenty of fuel and spare parts for the truck. Quite the steal I'd say for getting lucky! You never know what you'll find one someone's body. In this case, we got extremely lucky and ended up with some of the best loot there is!

Deleted
    Thought I would share some of my DayZ fun, such a crazy game....

DayZ day1 "Matt is that you with the crowbar"
    DayZ day2 "What gets wetter as it drys"
    DayZ day3 "Door broke my legs"
    Hopefully it will also give you a little insight to some of the crazy things that can happen. I found most videos were 90% camping/running around so I just montaged it up!

interview at gamebreaker with Rocket. 40 min vid or so.
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...all-interview/

few things i liked from the interview: wants to be able to build underground, and wants security systems for the underground compounds. thinks DayZ can be stand alone by the end of the year
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

nothing but problems here with Dayz. Bought Arma2 and Arma2 operation Arrowhead. Downloaded sixlauncher and Dayz mod from there. try to join a server, connects, downloads mission or something. Then gets stuck on a black screen where it just says "loading" and the whole bar is filled. Tried multiple times, also let it "load" for an hour just in case I was impatient. But something is clearly not working as its supposed to. 20 euros out the window, as I only bought this game for the Dayz mod.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    nothing but problems here with Dayz. Bought Arma2 and Arma2 operation Arrowhead. Downloaded sixlauncher and Dayz mod from there. try to join a server, connects, downloads mission or something. Then gets stuck on a black screen where it just says "loading" and the whole bar is filled. Tried multiple times, also let it "load" for an hour just in case I was impatient. But something is clearly not working as its supposed to. 20 euros out the window, as I only bought this game for the Dayz mod.
    had the same issue. i'm guessing you got it from steam as well. the steam download has issues with the battleye download. i had to go into my Arma 2 folder. it's in steam > steam apps > common > arma 2. then there will be the BEsetup. you can go into that folder and install battleye manually. if it's already there in the battleye folder (in that same arma 2 folder) then what i did was copy it, go back to the "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder and paste it in there. so it would be in both folders (arma 2 and the OA folder). it worked for me. if this doesn't work, let me know and i can try and help you find an answer.

edit: instead of stuck on loading, it should bounce back and forth between laoding, recieving, and i think creating character. you'll know if you get in if you see the water, temp, etc indicators on the bottom right.

here are the links i posted somewhere else. this helped me as i had all kinds of issues with my install.
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...s-beta-update/
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...common-errors/
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...4-error-fixes/
    Last edited by DDazzle; 2012-07-14 at 11:04 PM.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexy View Post
    Thought I would share some of my DayZ fun, such a crazy game....

[Links]
    Hopefully it will also give you a little insight to some of the crazy things that can happen. I found most videos were 90% camping/running around so I just montaged it up!
    Enjoyed watching it
    Seems like a really cool mod, might get it (and the game)

Thx alot DDazzle. Copying Battleye folder from Arma2 to the Arma 2 OA folder did the trick

Would anyone like to play with a noob? Well, I'm not a Arma 2 noob, just not very good at DayZ. I managed to make my way to the NW Airfield and once I got there I watched someone crash their helicopter.. Was pretty funny. Anyway.. If you are interested in playing just send me a PM and I will tell you which server I play on.

I never know where the hell im going in this game. Run around for an hour and find nothing then die because zombies dont ever stop chasing you.

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    I never know where the hell im going in this game. Run around for an hour and find nothing then die because zombies dont ever stop chasing you.
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...without-a-gun/

http://dayzdb.com/map

Start here.

10+ Year Old Account
    My chars stats atm.

17 days alive ingame.
    578 zombie kills (not much for 17 days alive, but I don´t play the game for zombies.)
    24 murders.
    1 bandit kill.
    (none of them in Electro or Cherno, I don´t kill people that don´t have any gear)

All of the kills are with the M107 50 cal except that 1 bandit kill was with a M4A3 CCO (bad ass weapon).

Decked out in some insane gear, have had some VERY close calls fighting against other players.

Been having ALLOT of fun playing this game with my friends, hunting in squads and building a big ass camp with some insane loot and vehicles.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-07-16 at 09:02 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.