Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Only vehicles i've found so far are; Bicycle, Pickup, UAZ, Lada (car) and a Bus. I really want a tractor though .
    they have tractors? lol

whats the max speed on that thing? sounds like it would be pretty easy to snipe you out of x]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    they have tractors? lol

whats the max speed on that thing? sounds like it would be pretty easy to snipe you out of x]
    Aye, havn't driven one myself but had someone fly past beeping the horn and shouting 'Hellooooooo' through ingame comms .

Vapo posted a picture of some tractors;

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    While its night here irl i cant find a daylight server in DayZ -.- most lie about their GMT on server info and when i found one server i had 5fps for some reason ...

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    they have tractors? lol

Max speed is like 50 and they're only for one person so yeah they are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken from reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comment..._full_details/

"So, with the final 1.62 patch being released, quite a few weapons had their damage nerfed. I just finished updating the weapon comparison chart at DayZDB, but here's a quick list of what changed.

Makarov: 889 damage, down from 2000
    G17, M9, M9 SD, PDW, MP5A5, MP5SD6, Bizon PP-19 SD: 889 damage, down from 1389
    Revolver, M1911: 1389 damage, down from 4500
    M1014, Remington 870, Double-barreled: slugs do 4500 damage, down from 6722
    Lee Enfield: 6722 damage, down from 12500 (audible range 162m, down from 234m)
    AK-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 Kobra: 2722 damage, down from 3555

Sidearms are super weak now. Here's to hoping rocket increases their damage again in a DayZ patch."

It sucks that they nerfed the dmg on Lee Enfield, hell they butchered the gun, also the damage on all sidearms is shit now.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    /Snip
    Glad they didn't nerf my beloved Mk48 but it's a shame to see the silenced weapons take a hit, they already do pathetic damage to the point that you quickly run out of ammo due to the zombies requiring so many shots.

The Double-barrel damage suprises me though, I never actually checked but assumed it did more than that as i've had quite a few one hit kills (only one of the two shots fired) while going through Cherno/Elektro on a new character. Can only assume a mixture of headshots and low blood targets.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

having a blast in this got my guns after 1 day part time scavenging

now its dark.. gonna wait till day to play again

died 5 times so far

chasing down newbs with axes and stealing there guns is killer

how frequent are hax? one guy dissapeared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    having a blast in this got my guns after 1 day part time scavenging

now its dark.. gonna wait till day to play again

died 5 times so far

chasing down newbs with axes and stealing there guns is killer

how frequent are hax? one guy dissapeared
    You can probably find a server with an alternated time period in your region if you want to carry on playing when your standard servers get dark, I have a few GMT-8 servers bookmarked for playing in the evening.. although with NV and Thermal I actually tend to play on GMT+8 the past few days hehe.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    MP5SD6

It sucks that they nerfed the dmg on Lee Enfield, hell they butchered the gun, also the damage on all sidearms is shit now.
    So that's why it takes all of about 6 bullets to down a zed. Could've sworn that thing packed more of a punch, but then again I haven't had one in a few weeks until tonight.

Stash finally got discovered, at least the guy was way too close to it before I shot him after screaming really loudly in the in game chat. I hope I scared him. :P No matter, it actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise because we came across three tents on our way to running towards the NW airfield and scored 2 NVG, 2 range finders and 2 GPSs. I'm guessing the owners were out and about in a vehicle or something, but finders keepers.

For once there wasn't a soul at the NW airfield as far as we could fine, and we scoured the place top to bottom, and same for Stary. Notta single person on a server full of 50 ppl. It was weird. Can't remember the last time I went looking for a fight at either location and didn't run into anyone. Guess it's time to go terrorize Cherno/Electro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    For once there wasn't a soul at the NW airfield as far as we could fine, and we scoured the place top to bottom, and same for Stary. Notta single person on a server full of 50 ppl. It was weird. Can't remember the last time I went looking for a fight at either location and didn't run into anyone. Guess it's time to go terrorize Cherno/Electro.
    I had this the other the other day, me and a friend logged into a server taking the last 2 spots and decided to kill some people at the NW airfield. We waited around for quite a while and no one ever turned up, no zombies spawned to indicate any people and I was spotting with thermal scope just to make sure. First time i've ever been there on a populated server and not bumped into someone eventually.

Heck we logged into a server with 3 people on it once, spawned at the airfield and got killed about 2 minutes later by those 3 people.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

lulz, stumbling across a camp of 8 tents loaded to the tits with guns ammo and loot.

happy days indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just died right before Vybor -.- it was almost night and i wanted to continue but a zombie saw me oh well i ran into a little house and killed him with lee enfield and what do you know the whole stupid village blocks me in there and i die D:< had fuel food water every thing even an axe which i couldnt use because i had weapon in hands so i really need some to play this with because alone is just stupid ... add Minjon on steam
    so close to airfield UGHHHHHHHHHHHH D:<
    Last edited by MrDeadcruel; 2012-07-27 at 07:11 PM.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    I just died right before Vybor -.- it was almost night and i wanted to continue but a zombie saw me oh well i ran into a little house and killed him with lee enfield and what do you know the whole stupid village blocks me in there and i die D:< had fuel food water every thing even an axe which i couldnt use because i had weapon in hands so i really need some to play this with because alone is just stupid ... add Minjon on steam
    so close to airfield UGHHHHHHHHHHHH D:<
    Lee Enfield... also called Dinner Bell. Shooting that in the middle of zombie horde is suicide, Winchester is much better and pretty silent too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only found lee enfield i did find a crossbow but before that i could have picked steel bolt but i didnt so i droped it when i had to kill zombies with axe and couldnt get back to it and oh well i find a steel bolt 10minutes later -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Just found a stash of 2 AS50's, 2 MK48's, an old hatchback, an offroad pickup, 2 tractors, and an atv. Me and my friends now do donuts on the tarmac at the NW airfield, lol.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    Just installed it and started it up (just to see if it worked, want to delve into it tomorrow).

I spawned in nighttime...couldn't see anything at all.
    Is the daycycle related to our own world, or does it cycle every half an hour or so?
    Also...what to do when you spawn in nighttime?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Just installed it and started it up (just to see if it worked, want to delve into it tomorrow).

I spawned in nighttime...couldn't see anything at all.
    Is the daycycle related to our own world, or does it cycle every half an hour or so?
    Also...what to do when you spawn in nighttime?

Thanks!
    It follows the real world.

But basically if it's night on CEST/GMT+2 servers, join servers that are -5 CST or something and they'll have day.

Just wanted to share my experience in dayz for those that are wondering about the game.

I bought it for a friend and I. We statrted out just trying to find each other, alt tabbing to look at a map and then running toward each other on the coast. We would find each other then one of us would die from zombies or w/e. Fast forward a bit and we started meeting up in the big cities Cherno or Elektro. We got our feet wet and started surviving eventually, gathering weapons bandaging each other, fending off zombies scavenging for supplies.

I ran into a few player characters. One time I saw a player crouched down outside a small military camp. He had a huge rifle and his back was to me. I had already read about the amount of pk'ers and such in the game so I thought I had to take advantage of the situation while I could. I had the upper hand. I charged him with my axe and started swinging wildly, heart pounding. He went down and I immediately felt a muddled sense of accomplishment and unease about what I did. Anyway, I had many more encounters where I was at a disadvantage and had to talk to other players or awkward situations in the city where no one fired at each other... but kinda circled like wolves. There were more pleasent experiences with other players than I thought and my buddy even hung out with a dude in a gillie suit and they spent the day together going to military spawn sites. One of the funnest things was giving my buddy not one but two blood transfusions (he sucked at dodging zombies lol) and seeing him pass out many times before that from lack of blood.

On my second or third day playing (not straight through lol) I realized i wanted a vehicle. They were, of course, all taken where ever I would look. However, I found a bus. My friend and myself scavenged the city it ws in , very carefully, hauling tires, jerry cans, fuel tanks, and engine parts back to the bus. all the while occasionally getting into a bad zombie situations etc. Fast forward, we are ready to repair this thing so we hit the supermarket for some final supplies. Well, we ended up meeting a guy named Harry with a british accent and a lowly hand axe. After some back and forth we ended up teliing him "you can come with us if you want, but just know we dont trust you." He seemed like he was really new (dont they all when they want to kill you) and it turned out he really was a newbie to the game, maybe first day playing.

We ran to the bus a shot distance away, in the middle of the street. We had to feign going in another direction after meeting a heavily armed player. We told him we were fresh off the shore with just axes. After running to the bus, I start frantically repairing it. Repair engine "ok" "hey you start replacing the tire while I gas it up" etc. Anyway we tell Harry to hope on, I make a 10 point turn in order to tuen around, and we proceeded north. We ended up stopping at a few small towns thinking they would have supplies and such, but most of them sucked. HArry seemed to get attacked by zombies the most and he absorbed almost our whole supply of bandages. After a while of alt tabbing and navigating the roadways we reached our destination, the Northern Airfield. Like the noobs we were, we parked near the front gate and got out only to be swarmed by zombies. Harry went down to 100 or so blood (out of 12000) and we told him dont worry about helping just stay in the bus. We all ended up running to the bus and I took us inside the air field. After many close calls with zombies and "get in! get in!" moments we ended up low on supplies and my friend had a broken leg (he barely made it back to the bus) so both harry and my friend had to stay in the bus. All the while Harry kept passing out from lack of blood and would be all slumped over inside. By the end, Harry told us that it had been fun and asked if he should kill himself. I said hell no we would find him supplies, but he gave up. I watched as he got out of the bus and was surrounded by a zombie horde. He swung his axe mightily before succumbing to the man eating zombies. I ended up parking the bus in the forest with a 1/4 fuel left. THe next day when I logged on the bus was still there and stuff but I made the mistake of logging off inside the bus, so when I mved my character forward it glitched out and I died immediately. My buddy logged out in the bus while we were at the airfield so when he logged on he was laying on his stomach, crippled, and was eaten by zombies.

All and all, a very fun game that absorbs you into the world quite easily. I can't wait til they iron out even more glitches and bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now Ive gotten to the point that I don´t need a single upgrade anymore, there is not a single item that is better than the ones I have.

I guess its time to go hunt some players from now on
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man i found 3 Guys from my region through dayz forums and man im having a blast even at night playing with them all 4 on skype