Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    the fact that if you ever aggro a zombie before you get a weapon with a lot of ammo you might as well afk and wait to die also kills it for me.
    While I agree that losing aggro is anything but simple i've yet to have a problem other than it just taking some time, if you're near an accessible building its easy but out in the open you have to get their attacks in time with dropping LOS. I generally find atleast one weapon before I get anywhere near a zombie, just knowing the best areas for guns to zombie ratios near the start, Rog and Zub being 2 of the easiest places to gear up depending on your spawn.

Loving the new Double-barrel shotgun, useless at range but hilarious in buildings. Someone tried to sneak behind me after I warned them in chat earlier so I hid beside a door and placed the barrel on the side of their head as they walked in, instant free beans .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Looks like fun but it's a shame it requires ARMA II: Combined Operations. For a game that old... it's still pretty expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people playing through on youtube, It looks fun i won't lie. Although i believe its the type of game i would have to play with friends to be interested for more than 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I've seen people playing through on youtube, It looks fun i won't lie. Although i believe its the type of game i would have to play with friends to be interested for more than 10 minutes.
    Thats honestly how it is for me, So much more fun with friends.

So I've had a bike now for the past four days. Has to be the most handy thing I've come across. You can cover so much ground with it for trying to find chopper crash sites(gets up to 70 downhill at times). And its a huge help with clearing out the NW airfield quickly. You can ride past and aggro the zombies in an area, ride away and they'll give chase for a little and lose aggro. Then ride back around and get into a hanger with no zombies around and never firing a shot. You can also ride up to the left side of a military barracks by a window. And when you get off the bike it will put you right inside the barracks, and can get back on the bike from inside.

Also, if you wreck the bike to the point of it barely moving. Try and hobble it to a safe location in a pine tree or something. When the server restarts the bike will be fully repaired. So don't just give up on it if you crash it, save it for later.

Just be nice if I could ever get lucky and get something better then a CZ for sniping >.> Have like 5 clips now for a M107, and no M107 =(

Deleted
    Left my brother have a shot yesterday after i died and he spawns with a guy afk with a ATV next to him. He drove the ATV right into a tree and died.

Deleted
    Getting started has got to be the hardest thing though. Get past the first three or four hours and it gets really awesome. Most times it's that starting bit where you'll end up being bandit target practice or a zombie snack though.

Deleted
    ArmA has gotten tons of sales because of this mod, just shows how every developer should let community make mod for their games.

Deleted
    Soo true. Arma II wasn't a game I would have looked at before the DayZ hype hit me in the face, but now I'm actually quite enjoying the normal Campaigns too.

I heard a rumour that they are thinking of putting a Day Z mod into the future ARMA III as standard, anyone else heard anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    ArmA has gotten tons of sales because of this mod, just shows how every developer should let community make mod for their games.
    But but but DLC! Think of the hurt DLC sales! D:
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Friends before DayZ: "ArmA looks slow and boring""

Friends after DayZ: "ArmA is so realistic and immersive!"

Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldwych View Post
    Soo true. Arma II wasn't a game I would have looked at before the DayZ hype hit me in the face, but now I'm actually quite enjoying the normal Campaigns too.

I heard a rumour that they are thinking of putting a Day Z mod into the future ARMA III as standard, anyone else heard anything similar?
    I spoke with Dean Hall at Rezzed on Friday, and he said they want it to be a standalone game - and free to play. They don't want it to be freemium, and they'd rather not have it continue to be a mod of another game.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    While I agree that losing aggro is anything but simple i've yet to have a problem other than it just taking some time, if you're near an accessible building its easy but out in the open you have to get their attacks in time with dropping LOS. I generally find atleast one weapon before I get anywhere near a zombie, just knowing the best areas for guns to zombie ratios near the start, Rog and Zub being 2 of the easiest places to gear up depending on your spawn.

Loving the new Double-barrel shotgun, useless at range but hilarious in buildings. Someone tried to sneak behind me after I warned them in chat earlier so I hid beside a door and placed the barrel on the side of their head as they walked in, instant free beans .

If you disconnect, you lose aggro on everything. If you are in way over your head with a horde behind you, abort then log back in. Problem fixed.

Earlier today, I managed to find an M24 sniper rifle. Gonna have a lot of fun with it.

I was worried about surviving alone, but in many ways it's actually easier to be alone. Less zombies spawn, easier to hide, no need to share loot, easier to get around, no-one in my way when I want to shoot...
    Might be personal preference though.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I spoke with Dean Hall at Rezzed on Friday, and he said they want it to be a standalone game - and free to play. They don't want it to be freemium, and they'd rather not have it continue to be a mod of another game.
    That's strange to hear him say, since the ARMA developers are endorsing their project just for ARMA III. How does that go together?

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    So I've had a bike now for the past four days. Has to be the most handy thing I've come across. You can cover so much ground with it for trying to find chopper crash sites(gets up to 70 downhill at times). And its a huge help with clearing out the NW airfield quickly. You can ride past and aggro the zombies in an area, ride away and they'll give chase for a little and lose aggro. Then ride back around and get into a hanger with no zombies around and never firing a shot. You can also ride up to the left side of a military barracks by a window. And when you get off the bike it will put you right inside the barracks, and can get back on the bike from inside.

Also, if you wreck the bike to the point of it barely moving. Try and hobble it to a safe location in a pine tree or something. When the server restarts the bike will be fully repaired. So don't just give up on it if you crash it, save it for later.

Just be nice if I could ever get lucky and get something better then a CZ for sniping >.> Have like 5 clips now for a M107, and no M107 =(
    The m107 is very very rare. Can you convert those clips though? I know I could change DMR clips to M24 ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The m107 is very very rare. Can you convert those clips though? I know I could change DMR clips to M24 ammo.

The M107 is not that very rare tho, we have about 7 of them atm and we got them all in 2 days of playing, just look for heli crash sites and 60% of the time there will be a M107 or the other 50cal.

For your question about the ammo, no you can not convert the ammo.

Quick tip tho, if you shot 5 shots out of 10 and re-log to the server, you will have all your ammo back.
    But if you go past 4/10 and re-log you will most likely lose your ammo if you have another clip and if that clip is also low.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

There is a guy on youtube who just found a rocket launcher and he has one shell. He is now trying to find a suitable target... watch out people...

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    There is a guy on youtube who just found a rocket launcher and he has one shell. He is now trying to find a suitable target... watch out people...
    Its only dangerous if you have HE rockets, as long as it is AP, it wont do much thanks to its low accuracy (especialy if we are talking about RPG-7).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I heard that that rumour as well (I heard both) but I dismissed the stand alone thing as it didn't sound viable to me (I'm probably completely wrong though! lol) I figured there would be issues with going standalone. I guess if you got it from the horse's mouth so-to-speak then that's what's going to happen (which would be really great too). It just seems a hell of a lot more work than a mod if it's not still based on ARMA at the core (basically it would have to be completely re-written from the ground up, wouldn't it?), but if it is still to be based on ARMA but as standalone, surely there would be license issues with it being F2P based on a P2P game?

I'm super curious now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The M107 is not that very rare tho, we have about 7 of them atm and we got them all in 2 days of playing, just look for heli crash sites and 60% of the time there will be a M107 or the other 50cal.

For your question about the ammo, no you can not convert the ammo.

Quick tip tho, if you shot 5 shots out of 10 and re-log to the server, you will have all your ammo back.
    But if you go past 4/10 and re-log you will most likely lose your ammo if you have another clip and if that clip is also low.
    You're that big a group?
    Would be interesting to play with that many people. Though I don't think I would trust walking up to you...
    I've only found one heli site after playing solo, and it was already looted. I only found civilian clothing. And I play a female character so, I can't change outfit...

I went to the Northwest airfield for a lootingspree.
    I found a Remington 870, an M1014, an AK-74, an AKM, an MP5A5 and an AKS-74u. Oh and an M16A2 with grenade launcher. I took the M16. 'cus I also found HE grenades and 4-5 STANAG mags.
    I saw the effective range of the M26A2 is 400 meters, and that's good enough for me. I'm no sniper anyway.

The fun part was, that when I approached the airfield, I saw a guy up in the "fire station" building, the one with a tower and stairs, some 3-4 stories on it. I saw him moving down. I followed him with my M24 scope (that I used just then) and saw that he went down to the bottom of the stairs and sat there. He sat there for a while so I took two shots. I must've missed the first, because he managed to log out, but I saw that he was bleeding. He must've really shit himself right then.

I moved forward to that position, checking the hangars as I went, and I found that it was an almost full ALICE pack that he was sitting next to when I shot him, stuffing things into it. So I snagged a few things from that

The scary part, was that I when I came back to search that building a second time (some 15-20 minutes later), the ALICE pack was gone and at the top, there were EPI-PEN shots that weren't there before. So I reckon someone else was sneaking around. Damn this game is so intense! You never know if someone's a meter away from you. That's why I reasoned the M16A2 was a better choice of weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post

The only rocket launcher in the game is a one-shot affair and only has an AT rocket, so it's ineffective against people and inaccurate. Would still scare the fuck out of me though!
    http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M136
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-07-08 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    I Loved this mod for about a couple of weeks then it just started feeling very weak, The Zombies: Day one- scared the hell out of me and I love the idea you have nothing really, and after being chased down by many and killed a few times, I worked out that the zombie are no problem at all, we where just running through cities and doing what we wanted, Line of sight, or a steep hill solves that problem, As its pretty pointless shooting them they just spawn more.
    I like the survival aspect, hiking off to the wood, after you managed to find maybe a map, better pack, knife and some matches, maybe a water bottle and a side arm, then its off to be Ray Mears in the wilderness, but that soon wears thin, Then to die falling 2 feet, or climbing over a 1 foot wall.

The only issue is the COD mindset people have of shooting the minute they see you, which we started doing, then the game become a very simple PVP game, they might as well just remove the zombies IMO, As I said before DayZ is like a new Stick of Gum, Nice and tasty to start but the more you chew the less interesting it becomes
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-07-08 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    And I just got killed

Had so much medical supplies, ALICE pack, half my belt full of tools was just about to pick up an M4A1. Middle of the night, on a server with 6 people, some guy runs in behind me in this tight space and shoots me. So pointless. He can't even remotely carry even half of what I had on me.

Well, hopefully my friends can kit me up decently...