Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh I can see this MOD going places, it’s only a matter of time before an AAA developer takes on the concept.

I've had some real good adventures so far...

My character is currently 48 hours old but here’s a fun story, I play with my brother.

So as we started by the sea together and met up decided "Hey lets go to the North East airfield" so we started our journey, on the way we stopped by a town with an army barracks in it found a dead survivor with an 18 slot backpack which I nicked along with a map, compass, watch and some food (lucky me) we then proceeded to the airfield it was night. When we got there we saw nothing no zombies nada we went into this house and I accidently let a round off... the shit literally hit the fan. 15 – 25 zombies came rushing into the building and me and my brother got split up in the confusion, I ran and ran then thought sod it turned around and attempted to take out the 15 or so zombies chasing me, I killed about 10 before I fell unconscious.

I awoke with 5 zombies munching on me, I was out of bullets so as a last ditched effort I chucked a smoke grenade on the floor and it WORKED! I crawled away bandaged myself and fixed my broken leg the only problem was I only had 1700 blood left. I checked the map and decided to make a B-line to the nearest hospital the only problem is I kept falling unconscious on the floor while I was running..agh well an hour later I finally arrived at the hospital I climbed onto the roof and fell unconscious again but low and behold 5 minutes later my brother turned up and gave me a blood transfusion saving my life, We left the hospital and made a camp in the woods.

Such a cool mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Trying to put together a kit for self sustainability out in the woods. Just need matches, knife, tent, and hatchet. I would have thought you could grab an axe that you often see outsides houses, but guess not. I generally don't linger out on the coast. Too many asshats there and in Cherno and Elektro. Having much better luck surviving by heading inland after scouring for some supplies in barns. I'm generally on the Dallas 20 server under the name Nihilist, if anyone wants a friendly to watch their back.
    Stary Sobor is a good town to pop into for supplies as it has military tents, a supermarket and a church. Does have frequent visitors but nothing like Cherno/Elektro. If you set out from the coast around Cherno and head north you go past the fort Zub on the way too which is worth checking out.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

/sadface Died in Zelenogorsk after trying to venture into the supermarket. I went in the door on the west crawling, and for whatever reason it put me into standing position, and since running was toggled on, also in full sprint...so yeah...I alerted the whole town to my presence. Sucks too, cuz I was looking straight at a tent and a larger bag, and who knows what else but there was a ton of stuff in there. The thought crossed my mind to disconnect and reload, but, I decided to not cheat the system. Thems the breaks.

i have yet to play this mod. But i was watching a stream last night and some guy and a group of other people were able to repair and bus and drive it around it was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time.

I would like to thank you for bringing this game to my attention. I'm currently DL both games and really excited to play. It seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

I love games where you really have to think about when to fight and when to run.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:46 PM ----------

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the day/night cycle in this game works?

10+ Year Old Account
    hummm watched the vids, i really want to try this mod now.

What game do i need to buy for this? just Arma II or do i also need Arrowhead?
    Last edited by Bikni; 2012-06-01 at 07:49 PM.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    hummm watched the vids, i really want to try this mod now.

What game do i need to buy for this? just Arma II or do i also need Arrowhead?
    You need to buy both. It is cheaper to buy it from the ARMA website as a bundle. It just gives you a steam code.

I'm like you. I had never heard of it, watched the videos(great 3 part series about a group on vent) and HAD to try it. I feel like tonight is going to be a long stressful evening.

Deleted
    I am thinking about getting this for my 15 year old son. He want's me to get him the Walking Dead game, but this looks better

this game is fucking hard

all i got to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i bought the bundle yesterday and its alot of fun, though starting first time ever at night time was pretty freaky,i just ran anywhere and i could until i hit a fence and heard some zombies so i ran back towards some water tower climbed up and hanged out there for awhile lol
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Been playing it for 2 weeks. currently my latest guy has 30+ zombie kills and a few murders.

Took out a group of 3 bandits that just killed 1 guys 3v1 style. I was able to revenge his death by sneaking up and unloading with my m16. They were beyond pissed

Love this game

Anyone else having issues when trying to play? I get an error about cfgweapons and when I load in I can't actually spawn >.< I wanna shoot zombies!

Fixed my issue and just invade there are any other newbs like myself make sure the group you join has the same version as you.
    Last edited by Faithbreaker; 2012-06-02 at 01:27 AM.

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~zhohar/dayz/resources.jpg Map I've been using. Deer stands are great. I've found a flashlight, map, and hunting knife in 3 separate ones. If anyone wants to group up let me know. Also, if you want to survive in towns while trying to secure resources, prone is OP. Just hit enter on the numpad for 3rd person view and crawl away.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-06-02 at 01:35 AM.

i really want to play this but it looks to buggy atm. yeah i know its alpha and all so im not hating its AMAZINGLY done i just wanna wait til it gets more stable to play it so i dont get off-put by bugs that'll be fixed when its finished >_<. this Mods looks so amazing i hope it gets Finished

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    http://www.tacticalsites.com/~zhohar/dayz/resources.jpg Map I've been using. Deer stands are great. I've found a flashlight, map, and hunting knife in 3 separate ones. If anyone wants to group up let me know. Also, if you want to survive in towns while trying to secure resources, prone is OP. Just hit enter on the numpad for 3rd person view and crawl away.
    Awesome thanks for the link. I've been playing about an hour now(after spending all day trying to get it to work). I'm full on addicted. Night time is legit. You really feel on your nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    i really want to play this but it looks to buggy atm. yeah i know its alpha and all so im not hating its AMAZINGLY done i just wanna wait til it gets more stable to play it so i dont get off-put by bugs that'll be fixed when its finished >_<. this Mods looks so amazing i hope it gets Finished
    its buggy, but not as buggy as you'd imagine. The worst thing is the pathing for the zombs. The only way to safely take them out even in small numbers is to run into a building and upstairs, because they walk slow then. Other wise they are basically impossible to hit because they seem to like to bounce around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    its buggy, but not as buggy as you'd imagine. The worst thing is the pathing for the zombs. The only way to safely take them out even in small numbers is to run into a building and upstairs, because they walk slow then. Other wise they are basically impossible to hit because they seem to like to bounce around.
    Just stand all the way up and run backwards.
    Every now and then, or when they try to hit you, the zombies will just sort of stop and flail about for a second or so, that's when you kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Poor DayZ fans are going to be pretty upset when this happens. The DayZ developers are debating amongst themselves about putting a 8 hour respawn timer in the game. Meaning if you die, you have to wait 8 hours before starting a new character. How do I know this? I play with a few DayZ devs in another mod and I was told they are heavily favoring the 8 hour respawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Poor DayZ fans are going to be pretty upset when this happens. The DayZ developers are debating amongst themselves about putting a 8 hour respawn timer in the game. Meaning if you die, you have to wait 8 hours before starting a new character. How do I know this? I play with a few DayZ devs in another mod and I was told they are heavily favoring the 8 hour respawn timer.
    I'm not that much opposed of that. Would stop silly suicide waves 'til the spawn point is what one desired and put more weight into actually developing into the character instead of "Oh well, if it fails I can always respawn and if friends are around, get my gear back too" shit that's getting sort of out of hand.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988