Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bah.... was killed by 2 hackers... my whole team was wiped out by 2 guys that just shot us without even making any sounds and killing us all in 1 shot... well that sucks ass.
    We shot one of them like 10 times and he just took no damage.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Bah.... was killed by 2 hackers... my whole team was wiped out by 2 guys that just shot us without even making any sounds and killing us all in 1 shot... well that sucks ass.
    ouch, that sucks ass. Will never for the life of me understand why people get joy out of screwing over others.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    More and more hackers are playing the game now. I fear for the future of this great mod.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just bought this game. Anyone have tips for a newb?

Using a map if you're trying to find a friend is advised. At least by me, if you're new and just run around looking... this will happen. Probably.

Sorry for the shakey video, youtube did that and it's currently in the process of being fixed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fun game. It really shouldn't be though. A lot of the systems in the game are downright brutal, but this is also what makes the game so much god damn fun.

Although you shouldn't trust anybody, it's really, REALLY handy to have someone to play with. Players are incredibly greedy and impatient 90% of the time (myself included). I've been in a gun fight where I was outgunned numerous times, only to have the bandit run directly over to me to loot the spoils second after. Big mistake. My buddy sitting prone out clear site takes his time and lands a head shot. Now I have a 5-15 minute run back.. but I can quickly get back on my feet by just looting my old body and splitting the spoils with my friend.

Playing alone is super fun and full of a suspense, but teaming up just makes the game that much more enjoyable. It's strangely fun trying to locate one another when you lose track but trying to give landmarks to each other lol.

I just died a couple minutes ago on a character that was a couple days old. We finally made it to the NW airfield and as we were about to hit the North end I got a little bit cocky and ran out of a small building. What did I see? Not a whole lot. Two people sitting right outside instantly gunned me down. My friend (who they didn't know was there) hightailed it off the runway into the bushes and logged out for now.

The only really annoying thing in the game is people camping high yield areas by logging out in one, and then logging into another server to hopefully nab some more loot. It's incredibly cheesy.

Still haven't found a vehicle that can be serviced yet FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Fun game. It really shouldn't be though. A lot of the systems in the game are downright brutal, but this is also what makes the game so much god damn fun.

Although you shouldn't trust anybody, it's really, REALLY handy to have someone to play with. Players are incredibly greedy and impatient 90% of the time (myself included). I've been in a gun fight where I was outgunned numerous times, only to have the bandit run directly over to me to loot the spoils second after. Big mistake. My buddy sitting prone out clear site takes his time and lands a head shot. Now I have a 5-15 minute run back.. but I can quickly get back on my feet by just looting my old body and splitting the spoils with my friend.

Playing alone is super fun and full of a suspense, but teaming up just makes the game that much more enjoyable. It's strangely fun trying to locate one another when you lose track but trying to give landmarks to each other lol.

I just died a couple minutes ago on a character that was a couple days old. We finally made it to the NW airfield and as we were about to hit the North end I got a little bit cocky and ran out of a small building. What did I see? Not a whole lot. Two people sitting right outside instantly gunned me down. My friend (who they didn't know was there) hightailed it off the runway into the bushes and logged out for now.

The only really annoying thing in the game is people camping high yield areas by logging out in one, and then logging into another server to hopefully nab some more loot. It's incredibly cheesy.

Still haven't found a vehicle that can be serviced yet FFS!
    The main reason why I hate DayZ is the community. Everyone is in this mindset that if you see another player then you must kill that player. I guess I can't blame them since "bandits" forced them into that mindset. People need to realize being a bandit isn't all about killing every person you see. A good bandit will take you hostage and make you work for them or demand supplies. That, in my opinion would be VERY fun, but no one does it that way. All this kill on sight shit isn't fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    A good bandit will take you hostage and make you work for them or demand supplies.
    That's what a stupid bandit would do. Why would you demand supplies if you can just kill and loot him? So you're going to demand supplies and the moment you turn your back on him he shoots you? Not very smart.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 20 quid on steam right now, just to make sure you do get Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead which means you can play the Day Z mod?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    That's what a stupid bandit would do. Why would you demand supplies if you can just kill and loot him? So you're going to demand supplies and the moment you turn your back on him he shoots you? Not very smart.
    Exactly. I camp the top of the church in Cherno with a few of my buds, we shoot anyone and everyone who enters the town square.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

After being ganked several times now I am rarely make friends in game.

Even so last night I only had an axe on me and a can of food. I walk into electros power plant and fire station. Some german guy said friendly? I'm like sure (Ive got nothing to lose so I might as well play nice) I find some items as he says go ahead and loot as he has his hands full. So he said that we can try looking at the supermarket. Now i am CRAWLING as I know its a silly idea to run around now in these towns when in open areas + the zeds will come eat me.

So as we are going about hes walking near me and not on his belly. BAM he gets shot and dead. I loot him (he doesnt need his items since he is dead) I hide in a bush and start to hear gunshots sounds like a dinner bell enfield. I turn to the firestation where the shots are now coming from and spot the guy. I have a shotgun. He doesnt see me so i continue to crawl all of a sudden I hear LOTS of angry zeds behind. I assume they are coming to the firestation, I turn to see if I need to dodge any and I see a guy RUNNING at me with a shotgun. Obviously he has heard the gunshots to. A slight pause and we BOTH shoot. both died =[

So I restarted and found alice pack food meds two tents an AKM + mp5 silenced and a revolver. I move into berezino or w/e its called in the north east. I go to the apartments and I hear someone drinking. The person comes down the ladder as he was on the roof. I decide i've got TOO much kit to risk losing so open fire. The mp5 seems to be REALLY poor damage wise I fire 4 shots into the mid section and this person doesnt die. He fires 3 shots I almost die before I take him out. My mate found me and got me back on my feet.

So I decided to use the AKM instead and use the mp5 only against zeds. (if anyone knows the best way to use that mp5 if its headshots that are needed for fast kills etc let me know)

all in all a good nights work. Now all I have to do is setup my tents for my mates camp we have and we're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    No shit. That's why you gather a group of friends and take people hostage. If you die, then so does the person you are trying to take hostage because your friends will have your back. Your friends can easily pick up your items from your body and give them back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    No shit. That's why you gather a group of friends and take people hostage. If you die, then so does the person you are trying to take hostage because your friends will have your back. Your friends can easily pick up your items from your body and give them back to you.
    Once they introduce new penalties and humanity systems for banditry, you'll see mugging becoming more common. Then, if someone refuses to give up their gear (or go down shooting), a bandit has to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of killing them/letting them go.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Once they introduce new penalties and humanity systems for banditry, you'll see mugging becoming more common. Then, if someone refuses to give up their gear (or go down shooting), a bandit has to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of killing them/letting them go.
    "Once they introduce"? Have they even said something like that? Last I heard rocket was against penalties for banditry so I don't expect his opinion on that to change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    "Once they introduce"? Have they even said something like that? Last I heard rocket was against penalties for banditry so I don't expect his opinion on that to change anytime soon.
    Maybe penalties is a bad word, perhaps a difference in gameplay elements would be more in line. There's a shitton of room for the game mechanics to chance between alpha and v1, I would personally anticipate that making the choice to be a murderer vs bandit vs white knight would affect your game in at least some aspect, not necessarily negatively.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up ArmA2 CO last night and currently installing the dayz mod. This game looks and sounds like a complete blast, I cant wait to get home!

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing the game 2 days ago and haven't slept since. I've found 2 M107's but each time they disappeared after I aborted, the second time was even 10 minutes after. Besides that little mishap, I LOVE THIS GAME.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's 20 quid on steam right now, just to make sure you do get Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead which means you can play the Day Z mod?
    yeah bro. you can either get just the operation arrowhead expansion and then use the free trial version of Arma 2 (but using the free trial makes the game look like crap), or you can get the combined opps (both games together) for almost the same price and have a better play experience imho. the mod is a free download from the DayZ website.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up; A few days ago a friend and I logged off for the night and when logging in the next day my friend spawned on the beach with a fresh character, relogs and different servers changed nothing, losing his m107 etc. Turns out the way to fix this bug is to get yourself killed, disconnect from the server and log into a different server and you'll be placed back onto your previous character.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Just a heads up; A few days ago a friend and I logged off for the night and when logging in the next day my friend spawned on the beach with a fresh character, relogs and different servers changed nothing, losing his m107 etc. Turns out the way to fix this bug is to get yourself killed, disconnect from the server and log into a different server and you'll be placed back onto your previous character.
    I finaly found my first M107 and a bucket load of ammo for it.. the best backpack ingame and a sweet supressed M9 with 4 clips... i kill a guy near the airfield and within 20 seconds later everyone on the server gets killed... i couldn't believe it. Turns out it was a hacker if i may believe the dayz forums. How piss poor.