Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    So some genius decided to land his helicopter in the middle of Elektro this morning.

Long story short, I now have a helicopter and am offering rides to you fine folks of MMO-champ. Send me a private message if you want a ride somewhere and I will tell you the server and I can come pick you up. Probably a limited offer, I imagine I won't have this thing for more then a day. Elektro to the Northwest Airfield in two minutes flat as a reference for speed.
    Make sure you get it to somewhere like the factory west of Orlovets, and repair everything - including the glass - or it'll continue to leak fuel. I'd recommend staying above 1/4 tank, just to be on the safe side - having your engine cut out is not fun.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    besides the bugs and hackers most amazing mod everrr
    Well, there's Hives that provide a proper Cheat Protection let's take http://hive.mydayz.de for example it only allows one to play with his GUID whitelisted - tbh I've never seen something similar before.

The stand alone Day Z will run on this engine ? this will look pretty cool.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 09:41 PM ----------

BTW I'm new to this mod I just purchased Arma 2 and I'm downloading it from steam and I'll definitely I will try Day Z mod but I have question about players limits per server, how many players and are all servers have the same limit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    BTW I'm new to this mod I just purchased Arma 2 and I'm downloading it from steam and I'll definitely I will try Day Z mod but I have question about players limits per server, how many players and are all servers have the same limit ?
    I think the highest at the moment is 128 Players. Mostly it will be 40-50. But it differs a lot from server to server. But it's not really important, since you can just go to a higher or lower populated server, and you will still have your character on that.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I want to try this game so bad, but none of my friends play and gaining trust amongs dayz community is ... "FRIENDLY" *gets shot in the head*
    Haha. Damn wish they had a 24h demo or something ^^.

why the hell nobody said that now latest ver. of the mod makes you start with no weapon ? all the videos that I saw you get handgun when you start new journey now nothing !! how the hell I'm suppose to survive? snipers are camping towns and I can't reach any house to scavenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    why the hell nobody said that now latest ver. of the mod makes you start with no weapon ? all the videos that I saw you get handgun when you start new journey now nothing !! how the hell I'm suppose to survive? snipers are camping towns and I can't reach any house to scavenge.
    Uhm..... you have been starting with no weapons since late May or early June m8.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Uhm..... you have been starting with no weapons since late May or early June m8.
    I just started playing this mod yesterday, and I read all the posts in this thread but no one mentioned starting without weapon. Any tips are welcomed of how the hell to deal with zombies unarmed..lol.

I just started playing this mod yesterday, and I read all the posts in this thread but no one mentioned starting without weapon. Any tips are welcomed of how the hell to deal with zombies unarmed..lol.
    Lay down and watch the noise and visibility meter. Forget small villages and go straight into a big city, there you can find inns (most of the stuff is on second floor) and markets where there will be tons of stuff.

axes are very common, and until you get an ax, if you go indoors, the zombies go braindead for some reason and just walk away
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    Me and a friend are looking for more players to play in group TS3 is needed! Add me on steam : Wookie or Wookie[BE] can't remember wich one it is exact .
    We play on EU server btw so mind the timezones!

http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellit...21243263343760

Recent interview with Rocket. He names off some things we might be able to expect out of the standalone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that was a nice read thanks nbm02ss bah i just cant wait to get my hands on this and i cant wait for winter holidays so our big group gets back together and starts playing 24/7

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Some new info up, as well as screenshots of their work on revamping the interior of buildings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insides are looking nice, though they should have gone with a more run down look.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Insides are looking nice, though they should have gone with a more run down look.
    Yeah, needs more blood splatter and half eaten carcasses. Hopefully they'll add stuff like that in some of the buildings. It would add to the atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure this should have its own thread:

Hello,
    We here at Shadow of Humanity have just launched our own private Lingor server. Shadow of Humanity (SoH) is an anti bandit clan and we are looking for friends and foes to join our server and battle for supremacy of the Lingor Islands. Whether you are a lone survivor looking for a home or a bandit looking to cause trouble, we welcome you. We offer sanctuary to any survivor looking for a safe place to play, SoH heavily polices the Lingor Islands with extreme prejudice to banditry. Keep your nose clean and you will have nothing to fear from SoH, but let your trigger finger get the best of you and face the dire consequences. We also welcome bandits to come and disrupt the peace if you think can survive the swift justice of the Shadow of Humanity's forces!

Some of our server features include:

- Zombies spawn when players are in or out of vehicles!
    You will find it much more difficult in larger cities alone and you will be unable to determine if a player is in the area when driving by in a vehicle

- Loot spawn time decreased, wider spawn range
    Faster spawning loot for easier farming, especially those hard to find items i.e. Tents! But beware, spending too much time in anyone place is never a good idea! Items will spawn or have already spawned when you reach a building, including while riding in a vehicle. Keep your vehicle closer to you while looting and experience a faster getaway when the firefights start! Just remember, your vehicle is closer to you and closer to the enemy =)

- L85 replaced with M16A4 ACOG, replaced M107 with SVD Camo, and AS50 replaced with mark 48 mod 0
    Extremely high powered and over powered weapons removed to promote balance and more close quarter combat. Tired of being shot down with one bullet in a Helli by random in a bush? Tired of one shot kills by a noob lucky enough to stumble on a AS50? How about tired of thermal's making it impossible to sneak up on even the worst of players? No more, we promote a balanced Lingor Island and have changed a few weapons around to some fan favorites that we felt are more balanced for Lingors play. Skill rules here.

- Increased ammo spawn quantity found with each weapon. No weapon spawns with 0 mags.
    Tired of finding your favorite weapon in a Helli crash only to find 0 mags to go with it? Ya, so are we!

- Up to 80 vehicles, including 6 U1-H1's
    Loads of vehicles to find, fix, crash and get blown up! As a clan we do not vehicle horde, there are plenty of vehicles to choose from!

- All boats are PBX's
    Because fishing boats were....yea you get it.

- DayZ AntiHack as well as the semi worthless BattlEye
    We strive to provide a legitimate experience for our players. We know BE is mostly garbage in regards to this mod so we have added some additional security to help combat the worst parts of the community.

- Many working features that are sometimes neglected in other servers i.e. military flash lights, swimming, tent saving, vehicle saving, vehicle damage after server restarts and many more!

- Side Chat enabled, closely moderated
    Sometimes its nice to communicate to others on the server, but we do not allow this to be abused or ruin the immersion for everyone

You can find us by filtering/searching for "Jack Cr0w and Goober Lingor" (be sure to use capitals where applicable) in the Arma2 browser or DayZCommander/SIx Launcher

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for DayZ finaly screenshots ... its awesome that alot of the houses if most will have second floor which you can go in and hide
    Also i might try that Lingor server hmm

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I haven't played in a while but I need to check out the new Panthera map.