Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Just makes me more anxious for Wasteland 2... and DayZ standalone to see if they can improve on an already good experience.

Out of all the other maps which would people here recommend? I was thinking of trying Namalask(sp?), my friend said it was pretty fun.

If you know the IP/Port of any servers you play on with those maps too I'd be more than thankful.
    If you have only played Cherna, I recommend Lingor Island. Its a much faster paced map, almost every building is accessible, vehicles are everyonewhere. Once you have had your fill I then suggest Taviana Island. Namalsk is good, but its really hard with managing heat and what not. Panthera is a bit better, smaller map usually more action.

Wasteland is epic btw and you dont even have to download a mod. I shut my DayZ server down a couple weeks ago, havent played in a long while. Going to wait for SA.
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2013-02-12 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    If you have only played Cherna, I recommend Lingor Island. Its a much faster paced map, almost every building is accessible, vehicles are everyonewhere. Once you have had your fill I then suggest Taviana Island. Namalsk is good, but its really hard with managing heat and what not. Panthera is a bit better, smaller map usually more action.

Wasteland is epic btw and you dont even have to download a mod. I shut my DayZ server down a couple weeks ago, havent played in a long while. Going to wait for SA.
    Yeah we're mostly just looking for hard survival and not like a death match experience lol. Namalsk sounds like it'll be the hardest for that so might really be worth it, but Lingor will be next on my list for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah we're mostly just looking for hard survival and not like a death match experience lol. Namalsk sounds like it'll be the hardest for that so might really be worth it, but Lingor will be next on my list for sure.
    Scariest part of Namalsk? Bloodsuckers (yes, those invisible fucks from the STALKER series). It's so much 'fun' when you're looting the crashed C-130 and you suddenly hear four or five of the bastards roar. Good times...

Deleted
    I've literally just made an account to respond to Dottz post further up the thread. Unfortunately I cannot repost his link so i'll make the video channel in bold. Jackfrags video was insanely good, first time i've sat down to watch a Dayz/Arma2 video through and through. I think it's one of the first scripted based series i've saw, which is excellent - it opens up whole new storylines and whacky action scenes. Definelty a channel to keep my eye on, subbed!

10+ Year Old Account
    So a few clan buddies got me to play some Namalsk last night and holy **it was that fun. The additions of Bloodsuckers and Electric Storms has added a whole new layer of crazy to that map. I highly suggest you check it out and play at least long enough to see those two new features.

Deleted
    Whats the general goal of wasteland servers?

I tried one out on arma3 alpha, the framerate was borderline unplayable... But I stuck at it. I just found myself wandering around finding nothing and getting teamkilled.

Is there an objective, is it normal for players to teamkill you? I seriously have no idea what i'm doing. (first time playing the Arma series)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Whats the general goal of wasteland servers?

I tried one out on arma3 alpha, the framerate was borderline unplayable... But I stuck at it. I just found myself wandering around finding nothing and getting teamkilled.

Is there an objective, is it normal for players to teamkill you? I seriously have no idea what i'm doing. (first time playing the Arma series)
    Wasteland has heavy emphasis in squad combat. Basically you have 3 teams and then control points on the map. Every so often dynamic missions kick off and the idea is that all 3 teams are fighting for the rewards of these missions and controlling points on the map. Then you have the whole base building aspect. Best advice is to spawn with some team mates and follow them around to get familiarized with the game play. Yes, team killing happens but some servers will ban for it so its not the norm for every server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Wasteland has heavy emphasis in squad combat. Basically you have 3 teams and then control points on the map. Every so often dynamic missions kick off and the idea is that all 3 teams are fighting for the rewards of these missions and controlling points on the map. Then you have the whole base building aspect. Best advice is to spawn with some team mates and follow them around to get familiarized with the game play. Yes, team killing happens but some servers will ban for it so its not the norm for every server.
    Ah, I see. Well thanks for the info!

DayZ Good or Bad?

I was just curious what everyone thought about DayZ, I havnt played it, but am seriously thinking about getting it. Let me know if i should or not

I watch Frankieon1080p on youtube play it and I enjoy it.

It's a pretty full on game, survival after all usually is. You might fair well with a team mate.
    I'm not sure what the objective of the game is though :S Find the best weapon ?

Deleted
    Played with friends it's a blast. Failing that a busy well moderated server is a good idea too, since you can *usually* find a random guy to pal up with (the ingame voice comms help with that). You'll need a better-than-low-end computer for it. Arma isn't built particularly well and the mod only seems to add to that. One of my friends was getting slideshow framerates on some busy servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fun, but you'd be better just to wait for the Standalone.

Good with friends but honestly I only enjoyed it for a little while. There's only so much fun to be had in staying alive, and that's pretty much all you do. You might be into that but it's a bit like playing a survival mode game. You just go on for as long as possible and that's it. Haven't played it in ages and feel no urge to. If you die you lose all your gear and start over too. Again, you might like that idea but I'd probably just not bother if I'd gotten some decent items over the course of however-many days and then just lost it all.

Just wait for Standalone at this point. Though, Rocket has been a little inconsistent on release dates. It started out December of last year (even going as far as stating they'd be in trouble if they didn't have it out by the end of 2012) but has been steadily pushed back to an alpha around June, so who knows at this point. I think he just really wants a polished product as to avoid a similar catastrophe like what happened to the War Z so I can't really blame him too much, but damned if my interest hasn't started to wane.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2013-04-22 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it rated as one of the worst games ever made? And wasn't there mass refunds on steam because it was so bad?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Wasn't it rated as one of the worst games ever made? And wasn't there mass refunds on steam because it was so bad?
    This was WarZ

Deleted
    Stand alone is in progress might see public alpha/beta soon, day-z mod is clunky, doesn't run very well on alot of systems, plenty of hackers in it, If you can see past that, try it out if you can pick up the game cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fun game to play with friends but the game is limited and does get fairly boring fast. It's very boring playing by yourself.

The stand alone should have more to keep us occupied, looking forward to it.

Wait for standalone, that said the current version is still tons of fun if you're into playing on a populated server and are willing to die a lot. Playing solo is horrible though, you almost always want at least 1 other person with you.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Is this the one on Steam with the Arma Engine?

When I read it instantly reminded of WarZ (I actually mixed them up). The idea is still the same right?

IF its free Ill play it