Thread: Man vs. Myth

Man vs. Myth

Welcome to Man vs. Myth! Within this game you will see some of the fiercest warriors of man's past go up against myths that man has made. Each week there will be a new thread of a warrior from the past/present to represent Man and it will go up against the mythological creature that man has created in a fight to the death.

Each week you must vote on who would win (you are free to change your vote until it closes), feel free to debate and discuss, and remember this is the battle of the brawn and strength of reality vs. mythology. If Man wins I will put one point for man in this contest if myth wins then it is one point for myth. There is no real end to this contest as of yet, but you will always be able to see which side has had the most wins/losses. Also Man may include real life animals.

Also while the battle is going on you may suggest/vote/discuss in this thread on what fight you would like to be featured to be voted on for the next week.
    The first fight thread will take place on Monday.

As for now vote on which of the following match up you would like to see featured on Monday and suggest match ups or warriors/myths you would like to see featured.

Vote for one of the following for next week

Siberian Tiger vs. Sphinx

Viking vs. Minotaur

Mafia vs. (Modern and unproven to exist) Illuminati
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-05-28 at 04:35 PM.

The Mongol Horde vs the Zombie Horde. For some reason, a Spartan vs Werewolf sounds like something I would have already seen in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    The Mongol Horde vs the Zombie Horde. For some reason, a Spartan vs Werewolf sounds like something I would have already seen in a movie.
    Maybe since in Greek mythology many Spartan-like soldier fight off mythological creatures (not a werewolf however, or at least I have not heard of a werewolf in greek myths).

Also to any voters be sure if you want a specific warrior/myth to be put up in a match or even a specific match say so here so I can get an idea of what type of matches people want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Maybe since in Greek mythology many Spartan-like soldier fight off mythological creatures (not a werewolf however, or at least I have not heard of a werewolf in greek myths).

Also to any voters be sure if you want a specific warrior/myth to be put up in a match or even a specific match say so here so I can get an idea of what type of matches people want to see.
    Yeah, but I could swear I've seen a movie that had a Spartan and werewolf fighting. I can't remember what it was called though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah, but I could swear I've seen a movie that had a Spartan and werewolf fighting. I can't remember what it was called though.
    Sounds silly, so probably "Meet the Spartans".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Actually, it might be a Spartan during the Roman Empire's glorious days. If I'm not mistaken werewolves, or beast-like men at that time had already been invented.

I vote for Genghis Khan's Mongol Horde vs. A Zombie Horde.

Because Mermaid vs Pirate is just 100% win for the mermaid

Deleted
    before i cast a vote, could you tell me if you have permission for a thread like this? because this is similar to the ultimate showdown thread that's already running (and likely will be for the next 3 months, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    before i cast a vote, could you tell me if you have permission for a thread like this? because this is similar to the ultimate showdown thread that's already running (and likely will be for the next 3 months, at least).
    The only similarity between the two is you vote who would win. This is not bracketed nor is anything in here a character. I'm actually participating in both threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is different from Ultimate Showdown where this is a non-fiction thing(s) up against a fictional creature(s)
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf Lover View Post
    This is different from Ultimate Showdown where this is a non-fiction thing(s) up against a fictional creature(s)
    Yup this exactly is the biggest difference

Here are the three options to vote for next week

Viking vs. Minotaur

Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-05-28 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Here are the three options to vote for next week

Viking vs. Minotaur

Viking vs. Minotaur

The rest just seem way too unfair.

viking vs Minotaur

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the Mafia vs Illuminati idea. I think that would make for the best discussion at least. Mafia are not as dumb as people in general seem to think, and as they are portraid in even the best gangster movies, and the Illuminati could be talked about for days exactly how powerfull and influencial they actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Viking Vs minotaur seems the most balanced fight so going with that

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I kinda like the Mafia vs Illuminati idea. I think that would make for the best discussion at least. Mafia are not as dumb as people in general seem to think, and as they are portraid in even the best gangster movies, and the Illuminati could be talked about for days exactly how powerfull and influencial they actually are.
    Of course the mafia weren't dumb, but assuming we were talking about one of the older mafia's and not a modern one, the tech difference is just a little too much. Assuming the Illuminati are real, and as powerful as they're supposed to be, they probably have weapons/tech that not even the US military has yet, lol.