Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivegamer View Post
    Also looking back, theres no way that 10 levels thing means the level cap will be 60, there are 10 new PVP ranks right now on the PTS. The more I read about it and look into it the more I think the 'mystery box' is about 1.9 and not an expansion pack.
    This begs the question then, what are the four shoe soles (souls?), the key with six zones and the five prisms about?

Not sure about what else the four shoe soles could mean.
    The key with the six zones could signify that tier 3 of the 6 planar attunements will unlock (air, earth, fire, water, life, death) but more likely it refers to six new zones that have been leaked on PTS not too long ago.
    and not sure about the five prisms although it may have to do with crafting (the crafting item called inert prism has very little uses currently)
    Last edited by Olivegamer; 2012-05-29 at 12:16 PM.

Why are you under the impression Deathwing was set up to be the final boss in WoW? Sargeras is the primary antagonist in Warcraft.

Best of luck to them. Hope they do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    Does anyone think they might improve some graphical aspects of the game like improving fogginess of distance, and also add better animations? (Casting spell etc...)
    I'm pretty satisfied with the graphical aspects of Rift. What they need to do is to optimise the engine a little bit.

I just listened to a podcast from a while back where they stated that an expansion pack would come some time in the near future (this was a few months back). Also on the PTS if you mouse over the spot under the synergy crystal the tool tip says "Cape" so we'll be getting capes and it looks like the 6 keys thing does refer to 6 new zones as I also found a pic of leaked achievement sections for the 6 new zones. XD I would post links but i can't yet, just search the trion forums or google its there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Still the only MMO earning every fucking penny of my sub. Well played, Trion.
    You know Fencers, this may sound weird; but I agree with you 100%, but I just can't get into Rift for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the classes, or the story, or what, but I can never seem to play past level 20 or so. I think Trion is a great developer. Rift has good graphics, the controls are intuitive, they release lots of content, and Trion genuinely seem to care about the longevity of their game and their player base. I'm going to download the game again and give it another go after I've had my way with Diablo 3. At least to level up another character during the free trial.

Do you player on NA or EU servers? I was playing on NA Wolfsbane. Dumb question, are Ranger/Marksman rogues at all viable? Kinda feeling like playing one. Character I made it farthest with was Necro/Lock which I found a little boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as Puremallace is slacking with the datamining, somebody else has been busy doing it

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...le-box-26.html

Check put this list of .pak files from the current PTS Client, note how many 'ep' (Expansion Pack?) assets there are

>> http://pastebin.com/xHrcweZE <<

Note as well lines 857-863 :

ep1_assets/map/construct_foundry/construct_foundrygeometry_0.pak
    ep1_assets/map/power_plant/power_plantphysics_0.pak
    ep1_assets/map/power_plant/power_plantgeometry_0.pak
    ep1_assets/map/empyrean_core/empyrean_coregeometry_0.pak
    ep1_assets/map/strozza_estate/strozza_estategeometry_0.pak
    ep1_assets/map/strozza_estate/strozza_estategeometry_1.pak
    ep1_assets/map/exodus/exodusgeometry_0.pak
    The Foundry we saw on the "leaked" achievements before been removed as Golem Foundry and we also has Empyrean Core but Strozza Estate and Exodus? the plot thickens

Unless of course you remember the crayon map that was around a while back....

Pretty interesting read Slip. Yeah ever since they switched over to the streaming client they completely reorganized the files into a setup that I am not used to data mining. I also simply have not had the time to dig into the files much less log on to Rift lately here.

That power plant stuff is referring to the Estrian screenshots I data mined forever ago located in Planetouched Wilds. So that sort of confirms Estrians will be a expansion pack race for me then. Also add in another continent possibly with those other six zones.

4 new souls - Sure let's add 4 new souls after already taking out the 4 pvp souls upon realizing what a huge fail they were. Again, I don't understand the logic here, however I'm excited to see what souls they come up with.
    Very doubtful Trion will add 4 PVP souls again.

There wasn't a major flaw in having 9 souls to choose from vs. 8. The problem was the PVP specific souls.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    You know Fencers, this may sound weird; but I agree with you 100%, but I just can't get into Rift for some reason. I'm not sure if it's the classes, or the story, or what, but I can never seem to play past level 20 or so. I think Trion is a great developer. Rift has good graphics, the controls are intuitive, they release lots of content, and Trion genuinely seem to care about the longevity of their game and their player base. I'm going to download the game again and give it another go after I've had my way with Diablo 3. At least to level up another character during the free trial.
    I don't see any problem with games not appealing to everyone equally- even if the game is well made.

For example, I feel the same way about WOW actually. I would say WOW is well made, has interesting mechanics, serviceable graphics, brilliant controls. Yet, I don't find WOW very engaging. WOW's art style, gearing system, attribute system, class singularity-- I struggle to play WOW these days even after resubbing for a few months in Cata. Couldn't level my Hunter to level 60 even. I just felt... disinterested, unmotivated. :/

Yet I took to TOR and Rift like a fish to water. Just different appeal. I think that is fine in gaming- gives variety.

Do you player on NA or EU servers? I was playing on NA Wolfsbane. Dumb question, are Ranger/Marksman rogues at all viable? Kinda feeling like playing one. Character I made it farthest with was Necro/Lock which I found a little boring.
    I play NA. In PVE almost every class/spec is viable. DPS output is very close outside of a few fringe cases at the edge of content.

PVE balance in Rift is rather excellent. Despite hyperbolic forum cries, common in like every MMO, numbers usually bear out each spec/class are within close output in their role.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so terribly excited for this. I usually am every time Rift gets a new content update. I've been with the game since beta, and pre-release. I've always found this game very engaging, (well, you know, minus the level 30-40 grind), and in depth. I get excited for the whole thing, the story is well done, it lacks here and there, but overall its good. I'm one of those people who needs a good lore background for me to waste my time with. The dynamic environment is what I love about Rift, it's so very good. I think it's what attracts a lot of people. WoW has the same old dreary quest lines, once you do it from 1-85, its the same thing over and over, save for the fact that you're Fire-Balling on a Mage instead of Mortal-Striking your way through the grind the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I play NA. In PVE almost every class/spec is viable. DPS output is very close outside of a few fringe cases at the edge of content.

PVE balance in Rift is rather excellent. Despite hyperbolic forum cries, common in like every MMO, numbers usually bear out each spec/class are within close output in their role.
    Same here, I can't stand to DPS on a Cleric/Rogue though. I don't mind it on a Warrior or Mage. I really haven't done much with Rogue's at all, they're just. Bleh, to me. The tanking and healing in this game is very intricate which I love, because I find myself tanking 90% of the time I play an MMO.
    Last edited by Nayura; 2012-05-29 at 03:38 PM.

Slipmat
    You should be moderator of Rift.
    Whoa Golem Foundry was removed?
    What about new six zones achivments?

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Why are you under the impression Deathwing was set up to be the final boss in WoW? Sargeras is the primary antagonist in Warcraft.
    So as someone who doesn't read quest text, hasn't read a single sentence in WoW book, or otherwise "cares about lore", I only know the name Sargeras (at least off the top of my head, because of a server-name) what makes him the main antagonist?

Look's like Rift is still going strong, played it when it first game out but it look's like I have to sub again when I have time for other games. :3
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Look's like Rift is still going strong, played it when it first game out but it look's like I have to sub again when I have time for other games. :3
    You certainly should! We should all get an unnofficial MMO Champion guild running or something over on Rift.

That's an interesting take. Do you have some insider info that leads you to believe that?

What would there even be left to do in RIFT once all the dragons are defeated? They've pretty much based the entire lore around the dragons and their respective cults. There would need to be a new antagonist.
    There was vanilla patches on the whiteboard until 1.11 which is due in November. And Expansion Pack Milestones all the way through the patches up to 1.11. So since I doubt a November release will happen I would say February of next year.

We know an expansion pack is coming for sure because Scott Hartsman confirmed it in an audio interview some time ago. I doubt they would make a big deal about a update.

Well I assume there would be. But Regulos is the antagonist at the moment, and theres no point in releasing a new expansion until hes dead. It would be like Blizzard releasing Cataclysm, then releasing a NEW expansion before we kill Deathwing, even though Deathwing had been set up as the primary antagonist for the last expansion. It makes no sense.
    Its not possible to fight Regulos in vanilla since he has already been defeated and banished from Telara. In order to fight him we would have to go into the planes themselves and fight him for real. Which is what I believe the expansion will allow us to do.

You may want to try again after 1.9. Leveling is alot more fun with Instant Adventures. The 1.9 patch should allow you using mentoring to level all the the way to 50 (via Silverwood and Gloamwood IA's). Or alternatively you can level to 25ish and then in 1.10 another 4 IA zones will be added.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-05-29 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So as someone who doesn't read quest text, hasn't read a single sentence in WoW book, or otherwise "cares about lore", I only know the name Sargeras (at least off the top of my head, because of a server-name) what makes him the main antagonist?
    This page has much more details than I will go into here, but a cliff notes version is that he used be a titan (the creators of Azeroth and other worlds), went insane, and now plots the destruction of all life. He is the leader of the burning legion. Kil'Jaeden, whom was the final raid boss in TBC, is his chief lieutenant, and after being defeated is said to [sic] 'definitely return' (according to an un-cited source on wowwiki). Chances are we could see him and other Legion bosses leading up to a Sargeras final battle sort of similar to Deathwing and all of his lieutenants.

But I let this get off topic.

Trion, good job. Too bad I have just as much interest in other games.

Well, whatever ends up happening, if the keys do represent zones, then anyone who says that this is anything but an expansion pack has more faith in Trion then is healthy. 6 zones for a patch? Trion is good but that would be beyond ridiculous.

However I would be interested if the keys didn't, and the zones were for a future expansion which the teaser isn't actually talking about. The 10 levels could indeed be pvp, the keys could refer to the tier 3 of planar attunement, and two raids in one patch (Sliver + proper raid) would be huge but possible. That would be interesting.

But with all the hints for a new expansion this likely is talking about an expansion...

It could go both ways. Nothing would suprise me at this point. Except it being 6 zones and being a patch. But then I would donate my lifes savings to Trion and ritually commit seppuku to retain the last vestiges of my honor.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Agreed. The biggest thing I'm curious about is whether or not it will be free. Sure, paid expansions are the norm, but Trion has shown that it is not quite the norm as far as patches and content updates are concerned. If it turns out to be a free expansion (a la CCP) then I would seriously consider re-subbing and actually getting into the game (never played more than 30-some levels).

I didn't care for Rift but i have no animosity for the game, I hope their expansion goes well and the people who still play it have fun.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.