Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't see D3 lasting until Summer, and MoP will be out sometime in Winter .... so I guess D3 for Winter, and hope MoP before Spring.

for me, it would be skyrim without a shadow of a doubt. not only will we be getting information on the new DLC which will be incredibly huge, but I just like Skyrim more. I'm not a D3 hater or anything, but isometric rpg's just aren't my kind of thing. Then again I never played Diablo before either, I don't have the nostalgia that brings so many into D3, so it's kinda meh for me. The fact that you have to have a permanent internet connection is pretty crappy as well, sometimes I like to play offline just to play offline by myself without having to bother with others.

At the same time I do enjoy often enough player interaction with each other, I like having online communities, and that's something Skyrim does lack. It's purely single-player, but then again, the npc's in Skyrim interact with each other and yourself in such a way that it makes the game still feel alive, which is good. You can find children npc's playing with animals, warriors killing stuff out in the wilderness, caravans travelling the plains or mountains, and best of all is the dungeons. They're all uniquely designed (even if there's some repetition in places, I could care less since, if I remember right, there are about 150 dungeons in Skyrim), somewhat challenging puzzles, and are extremely fun on master difficulty (the hardest one). When you spend about 200 hours on it and get bored, you can spice it up and try to play through without dying (if you die you give up your save file kinda thing), or use strange mixtures of talents that aren't as common-place (Conjuration and Archery?). Idk that's just my thoughts on it. Skyrim also has a LOT of mods for it and some are just so amazing they make me wish my pc could run it (I got it for 360 ).

Overall, Skyrim. D3 is new and is fresh in everyone's minds so it has an edge in the Skyrim vs D3 argument, but if you haven't played it you'll love Skyrim I'm sure. Especially if you really like the 3D free-roaming aspects of Assassins Creed, which is by far one of my favorite franchises ever. Some of the leaked info on AC3 reminds me of skyrim in that they talked about how you could be wandering the woods and be dragged into an event in AC3 where at the end you become allies with a faction, such as a Hunters faction, and can do missions and stuff for them.

Of course if you're a pc gamer and you don't have a very good pc, go D3, because Skyrim's decently demanding on your system, where D3 is much less so.

Deleted
    * cough * legally obtain Skyrim and legally obtain Diablo 3

Deleted
    I personally completed Skyrim after just a few hours and afterward had absolutely no reason to explore the rest of the world because I had seen most of it already. If Diablo is your type of game you might get more out of that.

With Skyrim, you get to hear "arrow in the knee". With D3, you get to stare at Error 37 on the screen.

With Skyrim, you get better stories, deeper lore, tons of mods, mounted combat, and even boobs!

With D3, you get crappy loot after crappy loot after crappy loot, and when you try to buy good loot @ AH, your purchase might just disappear, and then you have to file reports after reports after reports.

Skyrim, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Not if you are really fair skinned. Those of us who are do eventually end up swimming and partaking in usual summer activities just at a much lower frequency than those who are not fair skinned. We tend stay in doors where our enemy: The Sun, cannot burn our fair skin.

I would play both. Skyrim and Diablo are just great games.
    I love it when people say go out and meet new people, like you can walk around the corner and there's a gang of people there waiting to be your friends with the exact same interests. I excercise everyday and it takes 2 hours max which isn't much compared to a whole day, not to mention there's only chavs near me so meeting decent people is a challenge to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    With Skyrim, you get better stories, deeper lore, tons of mods, mounted combat, and even boobs!

With D3, you get crappy loot after crappy loot after crappy loot, and when you try to buy good loot @ AH, your purchase might just disappear, and then you have to file reports after reports after reports.
    With Skyrim - I got an unplayable load of codswallop that I can't play at all.
    With D3 - I got a playable and fun game, with heaps of entertainment that might be down a few hours a week.

There is no choice ... D3 8/10, Skyrim : No score.

Deleted
    If you have someone who you know you can play with whenever you want to play, choose Diablo 3.
    If you will most likely be playing alone, choose Skyrim.

Skyrim simply is the better singleplayer experience, you can only kill Diablo so many times on so many difficulty modes before it gets boring if you're doing it alone. Skyrim will similarily get stale due to abysmal combat but at least the world is big as hell and you can go for hours just exploring doing nothing productive and still enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    I love it when people say go out and meet new people, like you can walk around the corner and there's a gang of people there waiting to be your friends with the exact same interests.
    It's a trap! I went outside once and met new people. Ended up marrying one of them. Now I'm buried in debt and have little versions of me running around vandalizing everything. Stay inside, and online, with the perverts and pedophiles where its safe.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    With Skyrim - I got an unplayable load of codswallop that I can't play at all.
    With D3 - I got a playable and fun game, with heaps of entertainment that might be down a few hours a week.

There is no choice ... D3 8/10, Skyrim : No score.
    Hehe... The "B" in Bethesda stands for "Buggy," and the "B" in Blizzard stands for "Boring."

Six of one, half dozen of the other.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-05-25 at 04:25 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'd go with D3... Skyrim didn't live up to my expacations!

Deleted
    pirate skyrim, buy D3... problem solved

Uhh, how about both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Tropico, thats really fun *sarcasm intended*.

Skyrim is a good timewaster, do that.

Deleted
    Do people seriously think the Skyrim stories are good, or are you trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Better question is do you honestly think d3 had a good story? Skyrim is light years ahead IMO. Parthunax was a nice twist compared to leah who I figured out in all of 2 seconds...

Both but mostly D3 because I got my brand new PC! (Maybe I'll pick up skyrim on PC for the Mods that console doesn't have tho.)

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Better question is do you honestly think d3 had a good story? Skyrim is light years ahead IMO. Parthunax was a nice twist compared to leah who I figured out in all of 2 seconds...
    This isn't a complaining/criticism thread............. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pick one, then play the other. Simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Actually I wasn't impressed with either. I found Skyrim's more interesting but that was mostly because I knew next to nothing about Elder Scrolls' lore. Dragons and Barbarians? Okay, got it. Angels and Demons? Okay, got it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.

Best of all, it's FREE!
    This above all, but if you really hate the sun. Boaf of dem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Lol is this a real question? Anyone who thinks D3 should be picked over Skyrim probably needs to have their gamer card revoked. Skyrim is so far superior to Diablo 3 that trying to compare the two would be laughable.
    Actually, I've put more time into Diablo 3 then Skyrim by FAR. Owned skyrim the night it came out, played it for 2 days, said "It's more elder scrolls" and haven't played it since November. Saying someone's not a gamer because they have a different opinion then you is laughable.