Need help buying new computer

I'm an absolute idiot when it comes to computers. I still believe the best way to fix a computer is by tapping the screen or yelling at it loud enough.

I have a somewhat old laptop that has been giving me alot of troble (Constant overheating dispite of having a cooler, the lead (screen open thingie?) doesnt hold properly, some keys start spamming randomly and stop by pressing the the "delete key", it sometimes beeps loudly as I turn it on, ...)
    Recently, I've got diablo 3. My pc doesn't realy run it very well (fps issues after a wile as it heats - I have an actual fan behind it which not only looks ridiculous it also doesnt help much and it makes me cold )

So I decided to get a new pc. But, as mentioned above, I know little about.
    I realy dont want a laptop, my old one will do fine if I ever need th mobility for watever reason.
    I use the computer for little more then gaming.

I have about 800 euros saved up (Around 1000 usd).
    I dont think I can assemble one myself and dont know anyone that can. So I was thinking of just running to a store and get one. But what should I look for? What kind of "computer jibrish" I probably wont get should I be look for?
    What to expect from that amont of money- Is it enough to get something decent that will last a wile?

Any help would realy be apreciated, realy

(Please excuse any bad english. Not my 1st language)
    Last edited by kattarina; 2012-05-25 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to know what country you're from to help you :P

Also is it with periphals or without?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    We need to know what country you're from to help you :P

Also is it with periphals or without?
    Oh! I'm from portugal
    *Goes look up what the heck is a peripheral*
    No peripherals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you give me a portugese hardware website to work with? Googling compudator & portugese computer gives me some lame facebook group, tumblr & some youtuber =/
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

http://www.worten.pt/ProductList.asp...|130&c=1191527
    http://www.vobis.pt/ProductList.aspx?oid=5|54&c=677

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 04:40 AM ----------

I can go up to 1000euros if there is such a big difference betwin quality within the different price range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The websites you linked only have prebuilt's & laptops =/

Hmm..

If you can't find a hardware website you've got 2 options:
    1. Get a prebuilt, not going to be good but I'll do my best to find one that suits
    2. As much as I hate Alienware, they're global.

Armory

Tha heck's a prebuild? Isnt the tower thingie with the thingies what I should be looking for? Something like http://www.vobis.pt/ProductDetail.as...oid=5|54&c=677 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    A pre-built is something like an Acer computer which got all the parts, usually they're equipped with unneccesary stuff, paired with a shitty graphics card & paired with a crappy power supply.

An example is the one you linked, the graphics card is VERY weak.

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.a...|130&c=1191527

Is your only really viable option if you want to game on it, it's infuriating how many companies put useless processors (ie. Core i7-2600) & throw a graphics card like GT 530 in it =/
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-05-25 at 03:59 AM.

Armory

Oh. I see. So if I want something half decent, I have to find a way to assemble it myself?
    Shame :/
    Thank you, tho
    Last edited by kattarina; 2012-05-25 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's usually the case, I've yet to find a company making pre-built PC's that are decent AND doesn't rip you off / puts useless crap in it.

Save up for the computer I linked, the other ones aren't worth it for gaming, at all.

Armory

It depends upon your needs. Before purchasing of a computers you should know your needs. Mean for what purpose you should buy a computer? Is it for your personal use or for official use? Or you want to use it for your child?
    The other thing which you should consider is your economic capability?
    Are you searching for a cheap computer or costly. For this purpose you have to visit market and check prices of different computer. I recommend the site
    comptuersspecs.com
    for you to check prices of different models of computers at home. It can save your time.
    Next you should consider processor, ram, bus speed hard drive, drivers, display, optical drive etc...
    I again suggest the said website
    computersspecs.com
    which will give you all information about different models of computers which you required. You can visit this site and make your mind to search a computer with such specs and features in the market nearest to you.

How about ordering online? Something like amazon.uk.
    What are my options there.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 01:32 PM ----------

Thank you. I'll look into it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kattarina,

You could buy this and buy a new graphics card and RAM to put in yourself. Those are both very easy pieces to install(literally just clicks in on both pieces).

Something like the Nvidia 560TI would suffice for D3, otherwise you could get something better like an Asus or Sapphire 7850.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    Oh. I see. So if I want something half decent, I have to find a way to assemble it myself?
    Shame :/
    Thank you, tho
    No they would be wrong for making you assume that. You can get quality but $1500 will get you something we would have spent $900 on.

Thank you verry much for the replys.

I have thought about getting either
    or
    Might take a little longer to raise the money but the store usualy has some nice summer deals like 30% off in store credit or the such. So maybe give it a little wait, rather then buying something that might not last as long or not be as much of an upgrade to my old on to justify the buy in the 1st place.

So, apon comenting to a friend that I was planning to buy a computer from the stores I linked above (which are essencialy appliance stores) I was prompty called an idiot and given a link to a proper store:
    http://www.clickfiel.pt/1/146/Clickfiel?ordem=
    http://www.onbit.pt/1/100/Computadores-Pessoais?ordem=
    http://www.mbit.pt/index.php?id=3
    If you would be so kind as to help me once again, would greatly aprecciate it
    Last edited by kattarina; 2012-06-06 at 01:43 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    From quick browsing this looks to be the best for the price.

I only skimmed a couple though but this has all great parts(excluding the mobo).

Thank you
    A bit out of my price range, but if worth the extra 200, i'll wait a little longer to get it