10+ Year Old Account

Cow level staff - Higher difficulty - How EXACTLY?

So...

I have the 'shroom, Bone, Gem, Rainbow and Plans.. I also have over 150k hold, so I can buy the Bell and craft the staff...
    This staff, as I understand it, only works on NORMAL.. Right?

In A3NM i can buy a recipe to upgrade staff to NIGHTMARE..
    Does this new staff require new 'shroom, Gem etc, or "only" 200k gold? Can the new staff still be used in normal, e.g. for my alts?

I know it can be upgraded to HELL in an identical way to NM (except it's 500k), but what about Inferno?

Lastly, where do you use the staff?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-05-25 at 05:58 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    new staff requires the old staff and gold to craft it. Nothing else.

Edit - The recipe for Nightmare/Hell/Inferno sells from a vendor in the keep once you reach act IV on the equivalent difficulty. The recipe costs 1 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can in still be used on lower difficulty, when upgraded?
    Where do you use it/where is the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes, according to the guides it will open up to the level of difficulty you are on, and can be used on lower difficulty if you have upgraded it past that difficulty.

I don't know where the portal is.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes, it's said you can upgrade the staff and use it lower difficulties.
    The secret level is in Act 1, on the way to kill the Wretched Queen, and you find the skeleton of a cow.
    Just in case no one wants to know exactly. :P And I wanted to feel spiffy using new found knowledge.
    My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. - Tyrion Lannister

I forgot to pick up my recipe at nightmare, now im at Helll...which was retarded, but I've heard you gotta craft the staff (derp) and it costs abour 200k gold in nightmare, 350k at hell or something.
    How to get there, its a quest..in act 1, tho its not a act 1 quest. You can youtube it tho, looks like a really fun place imo:P

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzleMyGrizzle View Post
    I forgot to pick up my recipe at nightmare, now im at Helll...which was retarded, but I've heard you gotta craft the staff (derp) and it costs abour 200k gold in nightmare, 350k at hell or something.
    How to get there, its a quest..in act 1, tho its not a act 1 quest. You can youtube it tho, looks like a really fun place imo:P
    You can just start a new game at act IV in nightmare and get the recipe from the vendor

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanx all, guys..

I think I'll craft normal tonight and bring my friend for LULZ..
    Nightmare staff will have to wait, until my purse is heavier..

Deleted
    Yeah, as people have said, you don't need to farm the mats again. Just need to complete up to Act IV (not actually kill Diablo), on that difficulty, to unlock the recipe at the vendor in Bastion's Keep which costs 1g. Then the actual crafting cost is simply the previous staff + 200k (nm), 500k (hell), 1mil (inferno). The staff then unlocks all difficulties up to the one it's prefixed for.

To find the portal take a game in Act 1 and way point to the old ruins (where you killed the wretched queen), then head west for about 10 seconds going backwards out of the gate until you see a cow skeleton corpse on the ground. If you have the staff in your inventory the ghost of a cow will spawn, talk to him and endure 30 seconds or so of dialogue and he opens up the portal.

Loving my hell staff - it is worth the money to anyone thinking about it who want to farm for fun and money, can't wait to get the inferno one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Yeah, as people have said, you don't need to farm the mats again. Just need to complete up to Act IV (not actually kill Diablo), on that difficulty, to unlock the recipe at the vendor in Bastion's Keep which costs 1g. Then the actual crafting cost is simply the previous staff + 200k (nm), 500k (hell), 1mil (inferno). The staff then unlocks all difficulties up to the one it's prefixed for.

To find the portal take a game in Act 1 and way point to the old ruins (where you killed the wretched queen), then head west for about 10 seconds going backwards out of the gate until you see a cow skeleton corpse on the ground. If you have the staff in your inventory the ghost of a cow will spawn, talk to him and endure 30 seconds or so of dialogue and he opens up the portal.

Loving my hell staff - it is worth the money to anyone thinking about it who want to farm for fun and money, can't wait to get the inferno one
    Good to know it's worth it, I'm currently trying to save for the Hell upgrade myself.

Yep, I'm definitely getting this for my baby Wiz...whhooooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    good news. I was like WTF when i created my staff on hell and i could only open normal .... I guess i need 2 get nightmare and hell ones now
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

I'm not sure why I don't see it on the vendor on the hell difficulty. Is there something I need to do to unlock it? I've completed both acts 3 and 4 and still no plans. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    I'm not sure why I don't see it on the vendor on the hell difficulty. Is there something I need to do to unlock it? I've completed both acts 3 and 4 and still no plans. Any ideas?
    Where are you entering the game at? You have to enter after having beat Izual, so the final stage of Prime Evil.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.