Cooler Master Cosmos II. - A lot more fans blowing air in then out...

Iv ordered this and Im kinda qurious on where to put fans.
    I ordered a corsair h100 CPU cooler (2x 120mm fans) and going to make them take air into the box (not out of the box).
    But with only 1 140mm fan blowing air out of the case I cant help but think that.. well, its a lot more air coming in then out, perhaps I should add some fans to blow air out on the sides or turn the CPU cooler the other way around?

What do you think?
    I dont want to "block" outside air from efficiently going trough my case because of to much air inside (note, the bottom air out is just for PSU)

Thanks in advance

You can always add an out take fan on the side.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

You cannot create enough internal pressure to stop air being blown in through the fans in a computer case. It wouldn't happen even if the case was a sealed unit, air would simply escape around the intake fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You cannot create enough internal pressure to stop air being blown in through the fans in a computer case. It wouldn't happen even if the case was a sealed unit, air would simply escape around the intake fans.
    Yes, but thats defo not good for airflow. I think Ill add 1 or 2 on the sides

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You can always add an out take fan on the side.
    No. That is not a good idea - at all. That would choke the GPU(s), literally. There is a specific reason that the side fans are intakes, they are feeding cool air directly to the GPU.

If there's anything I'd change.... why the !F!, is the top fan an intake rather than out?! Heat RISES. /facepalm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No. That is not a good idea - at all. That would choke the GPU(s), literally. There is a specific reason that the side fans are intakes, they are feeding cool air directly to the GPU.

If there's anything I'd change.... why the !F!, is the top fan an intake rather than out?! Heat RISES. /facepalm
    Heat rises so I thought Id pull cool air from the outside in over my radiator instead of hot air from inside over the radiator. Im open for suggestions though, Im no pro

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 06:57 PM ----------

Where you put the GPU's theres pretty big holes, Im guessing it might be enough to push air out (so none or little air buildup), what do you ppl think?

Heat rises, but the air carrying that heat goes where it is pushed.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    Where you put the GPU's theres pretty big holes, Im guessing it might be enough to push air out (so none or little air buildup), what do you ppl think?
    Honestly, the Cosmos 2 has ample enough airflow, you really need not worry about that, but I would *not* be pulling air away from the GPUs, that would be foolish, instead, I'd feed them more air.

On the part regarding "warm" air going upwards and pushing through the rad? I doubt the inside of your computer will be so hot that it would be detrimental to your cooling, that case will be circulating air often enough for you to not need to worry about it. I've argued airflow/air-cooling a lot with people on these forums and have tried some different setups in my HAF X, another arguably very high airflow case (thus the HAF designation) and frankly, your best bet would be to have the case taking in lots of air and pushing lots of air out. Constant circulation won't let much air heat up much at all.

Consider this: have all intake fans at 40%, for instance, but outtake fans at 80% or even 100%, or what have you, the airflow will definitely be evened out, in the case of more intakes than outtakes.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    U.S. Air Force so all over but based in Delaware right now.
    Pretty easy to set up. Place H100 as you were going to, drawing air in from top, that way its cooler ambiant air going into the rad, you dont want the heat from the inside going thru it do to heat soaking. BTW, you can add an additional 120mm fan at the top to blow out if you want, can accomidate up to 3 of them, seen it done with a H100. You can fesiably have up to (9) 120's in that case. Leave all the other fans as is but reverse the front fan to blow out. So youll have 2 fans ( or 3 )on top pulling/blowing in over rad into case. 1 rear top at I/O panel blowing air out back. PSU blowing out ( the psu fan also does pull out from case too, al'beit a small amount ). Finally you'll have the 2 side fan assy over the HD cage on bottom pulling in air. Should be more than enough air flow to keep things nice a cool with that case. I have the first version of the case, would love the new C II. just have to actually mess around with it till you feel things are GTG.

I actually thought about reversing the front one, but Ill keep it like it is, add the H100 on top + 1 120mm (both blowing down) and have a side one blow in on the GPU. That way I dont get any air flow's going right + left and down + up. Just easy front + side + down inn and back out. I only have 1 GPC so the 10 - 2 GPU slots in the back of the case is probably enough to get the air flowing out.
    Good tip on just lowering fan speed, can just have low/med in and med/high out