Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 - Epic Farming Spot.

Very good place to farm for better gear to progress throughout the game or to sell on the Auction House.

Nice find, but there is a sticky for videos at the top of this forum. Might get more exposure up there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Nice find, but there is a sticky for videos at the top of this forum. Might get more exposure up there.
    he plays an arcane mage ....eh wizard

open them

never seen anything note worthy drop in act 1

what was the best of the rares you showed at the end?
    Last edited by asharia; 2012-05-26 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just group up with a friend who plays a monk, have him stack 1 resistance and then just zerg through most champ/elite packs and kill bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Not "Epic" by any means, I wonder how this stacks up in Inferno (see what I did?).

Since Inferno Act 1 is level 61, Act 2 is level 62, and both Act 3&4 are 63, farming spots in 3&4 are way better, in terms of loot/overall profit.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching this and doing it for the past ten minutes in act 1 of Inferno, I can say this:

-It's very easy to do, takes me about 2mins a pop on my monk.
    -Sometimes there's a fortune shrine, so the drops are potentially better.
    -After the ten minutes (about 5 runs), I received about 6 or 7 yellows (one of them was an amazing ring, using it now) and a lot of junk blues, good for vendor monies.

If you aren't able to get into any further acts, this is a fun and easy spot to get some money and possible drops from. Much easier than getting 5 neph stacks and taking Butcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    doing it for the past ten minutes in act 1 of Inferno
    It's very easy to do
    about 2mins a pop on my monk
    Well, it's an inferno-level rare boss, with four sometimes very nasty abilities. If it's "very easy" for you, then I would surmise any champions and rares are easy for you. Which is interesting; I didn't think monks were an OP champion / rare killer class.

Unless of course I'm missing something and this particular rare is somehow easier than any other rare.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-26 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Not "Epic" by any means, I wonder how this stacks up in Inferno (see what I did?).

Since Inferno Act 1 is level 61, Act 2 is level 62, and both Act 3&4 are 63, farming spots in 3&4 are way better, in terms of loot/overall profit.
    They also require a lot better gear, gear that most people don't have yet. Having alternate farm spots for those amongst us who are still mortal is a good thing.

My WD is getting smashed in inferno trying to farm this guy. Got 1 kill so far but repair cost mean I make nothing from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, it's an inferno-level rare boss, with four sometimes very nasty abilities. If it's "very easy" for you, then I would surmise any champions and rares are easy for you. Which is interesting; I didn't think monks were an OP champion / rare killer class.

Unless of course I'm missing something and this particular rare is somehow easier than any other rare.
    I don't know how else to say it lol. I've been farming act 1 of inferno for a while solo-style with my monk for the past couple of days. I've learned how to deal with different combinations and there's plenty of kiting room in that small area. Don't forget, the type of rare it is matters as well. It's just a skeleton archer/warrior. No special abilities like charge, no huge hard-hitters, special knockbacks or whatever.

I would actually consider it easier than other rares. Possibly the only easier one being one of the hooded summoner-type ones. After doing this for about an hour, there was one combo I couldn't do (invulnerable, molten, frozen, arcane). Everything else went generally the same: Get away from harmful things stuff on the ground, minions first, then boss. Serenity has saved my ass more times than I could count.

I guess by saying "very easy" may've been more of a subjective stance. I don't think you can waltz in there straight from Hell and handle it. For me, however, it was pretty simple.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-05-26 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    I gave up on this spot after about 10 hours of straight farming, for the sole reason that even though allot of yellows drop, (almost) none of them are actually level 60.

One tip for the peeps that are trying this out though: If you see it's a suffix combo you might struggle with, just dont waste time and remake the game

Havefun!

Try the guard outside of the Aquaducts, he's in a higher act, so more 60s will probably drop.

Maybe a good spot if you can't get through act 1 but none of these items will help you in the higher acts because in every act and difficulty setting drops just one tier of gear with base stats. So in act 1 you will never get better loot than in act 2 and if you're stuck in act 2 it would make more sense to just farm some mobs in the oasis of draghur (or whatever it's called). There are always about 3-4 rare packs and 3-4 champion packs (always 1 from an event and 1 in a cave) and at least half of them are doable alone. Good thing about the oasis is that it's very open so that you can kite very good and there are no wasps.

I have been doing this on Hell and i Have greatly enjoyed using it, as stated earlier it is fairly easy to fight through unless you are not geared well enough to keep repeating it. I have only died once to a (frozen, desecrator, arcane), the minions got around me and got me trapped. i have gotton one legendary from this process so far, best of luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    open them

never seen anything note worthy drop in act 1

what was the best of the rares you showed at the end?
    Made 2 mil in one day at this spot. Rings/Necklaces are worth a lot even if they arent level 60. Also got lots of items with over 100 in stat + vit + stuff like resists and magic find. Even got a 38% MF blue necklace that sold for a good amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming some treasure goblins in act 2 with magic find on, its really good money.
    I might try this spot out later tonight after work.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    My WD is getting smashed in inferno trying to farm this guy. Got 1 kill so far but repair cost mean I make nothing from it.
    Shouldnt a zombiebears build just instantly mow him down?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine this is worth doing compared to farming bosses and elites with nephalem valor.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

This seems pointless to me, valour buff makes this pointless.