Is it impossible to get 5 stacks of Neph. Valor for anyone else?

Every 15 minutes or so a skill disappears from my hot bar, and it removes my stacks of Neph. Valor.

Additionally I have to wait a minute or so for that skill to become available again.

Is anyone else having this bug lately? Please tell me that you know a way to fix it, lol. :-\

Deleted
    Are you by any chance clicking your skills instead of using the keybinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Oh no, I am definitely using my keybinds. This bug has been happening to me since long before I even knew what elective mode was. I didn't find it as irritating until I got to level 60 and it started taking a long time for my skill to become usable again, and causing my neph. valor to reset. :-\ I just hope that someone else is experiencing this so that it gets fixed. Otherwise it makes "farming" damn near impossible to do.

You're prob accidently pulling the skill off the bar when frantically clicking around to move. Done it myself on occasions, and it's very annoying, but yeah, thats life, or thats Diablo in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Oh no, I am definitely using my keybinds. This bug has been happening to me since long before I even knew what elective mode was. I didn't find it as irritating until I got to level 60 and it started taking a long time for my skill to become usable again, and causing my neph. valor to reset. :-\ I just hope that someone else is experiencing this so that it gets fixed. Otherwise it makes "farming" damn near impossible to do.
    If you change your build your valor resets.

Deleted
    a long time for my skill to become usable again, and causing my neph. valor to reset
    This is what happens if you switch out your skills or runes. The cooldown won't apply if you do the switching in town, but you'll lose the valor.

If you haven't touched your spec but this is still happening, then I would open a ticket.

My guess is, like I've done a couple times, is while clicking near the bottom of your screen, you drag a skill off. Done it before.

Blizz just needs to "lock" the skill bar, or at least give us an option to.

i get 5 stacks all the time. takes me maybe 20 mins in inferno
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Man... clicking in Diablo. Now that would take clicking to a whole new level!

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    You're prob accidently pulling the skill off the bar when frantically clicking around to move. Done it myself on occasions, and it's very annoying, but yeah, thats life, or thats Diablo in this case.
    That is possible, but I don't think it is the case. I forgot I had posted this thread until just now. My facebook friend asked me what a high level monk's statistics were like. I logged into the game and made sure I had all of my skills set up (wanted my armor to show the 20% from Mantra of Evasion). Got everything set up perfect, took a screen shot. Proceeded to this screen:

As soon as I got there, I immediately noticed that the skill was missing. I literally had just set it up, and logged out. Sometimes when I go AFK for a long time and come back I will be missing 2-3 skills. This reminded me that I had made this thread, haha. I am fairly certain that this is a bug of sorts. :-\

Edit: Since I made this comment (while logged into the game), my primary attack just disappeared. lol. If I am the only one that this is happening to I wonder if I have something on my computer that could be causing this??

Deleted
    If you pull the skill off the bar then that happens and you have to set it up again, are you sure your not accidentally dragging them off your bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you pull the skill off the bar then that happens and you have to set it up again, are you sure your not accidentally dragging them off your bars?
    I'm 100% sure after just now watching it happen. I was proving to a friend that I could stand in one spot while tanking Diablo on Hell Mode and never drop below 90% health. I was watching Breath of Heaven as it was on cool down when it suddenly just disappeared. I looked at my mouse cursor and it was the top right corner of my screen, and I hadn't moved my right/mouse hand at all as I was standing stationary for this fight. :-\ This is so irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    My guess is, like I've done a couple times, is while clicking near the bottom of your screen, you drag a skill off. Done it before.

When Elective mode is turned off it locks your skill bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    When Elective mode is turned off it locks your skill bar.
    "Either pick your skills or lock the bar" is not a real choice, as I can't think of anyone who'd prefer to play without elective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting disconnected is what inadvertently resets NV for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    "Either pick your skills or lock the bar" is not a real choice, as I can't think of anyone who'd prefer to play without elective.
    Enable elective.
    Set skills.
    Disable elective.

Skills stay. Can't drag them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Disable elective mode once you set up.

I'm 100% sure after just now watching it happen. I was proving to a friend that I could stand in one spot while tanking Diablo on Hell Mode and never drop below 90% health. I was watching Breath of Heaven as it was on cool down when it suddenly just disappeared. I looked at my mouse cursor and it was the top right corner of my screen, and I hadn't moved my right/mouse hand at all as I was standing stationary for this fight. :-\ This is so irritating.
    if you mouse moved up to the Top Right Corner without you moving it then it is your mouse that is causing your problem. By default, the mouse is set to go to the Top Right if for w/e reason the PC can not read where your mouse is (normally happens when using your mouse on glass or something else that makes it hard to read the laser).

I would try using your mouse on something else (new mouse pad, book, etc.) and see if that fixes it. Otherwise you may have to replace your mouse.

It moving so fast could be causing you to pull the spells off the bar without seeing it due to the fact its moving faster then the human eye can see when it does that.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    if you mouse moved up to the Top Right Corner without you moving it then it is your mouse that is causing your problem. By default, the mouse is set to go to the Top Right if for w/e reason the PC can not read where your mouse is (normally happens when using your mouse on glass or something else that makes it hard to read the laser).

I would try using your mouse on something else (new mouse pad, book, etc.) and see if that fixes it. Otherwise you may have to replace your mouse.

It moving so fast could be causing you to pull the spells off the bar without seeing it due to the fact its moving faster then the human eye can see when it does that.
    I really don't think it is a mouse issue. I am a very avid gamer, and think any type of mouse issue would have caused me to throw my monitor through the wall during the last 5 months I spent beta testing Tribes: Ascend.

I was literally standing in the same spot with my mouse button held down watching Breath of Heaven "rotate in a circle" to come off of cool down when it vanished.

People say that you cannot drag your abilities off of your hotbar if elective mode isn't checked. Well, this has been happening to me since I was like level 15, and I didn't even know what elective mode was until level 50+. At lower levels I didn't care because there was no such thing as Nephalem Valor, and it only took a few seconds to get your skill re-memorized. Now that I am having to wait 60 seconds, and just wasted the last hour farming Act 1 it is getting very frustrating.

Kudos if you haven't experienced this, and I hope that you never do.

Never had it happen.

You in EU? Cause they have had a few more problems over there than US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.