Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is the cultists say HUMAN in big fat letters as their descriptor when you mouse over them.

If your friend doesn't want to kill humans then so be it, but Diablo III is not for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Zoltan Kulle cannot be avoided. He is human.
    - Leoric cannot be avoided. He was human (do skeletons count?).

Those are the first two that I can think of.

Notably, he could portal out for those fights or something, but you'll never get through Nightmare that way. Also, notably, he will get credit for those kills in the quest, so while he didn't actually fire the shot, he still consents and is rewarded for their death.

Now, the moral part. Lets ignore the obvious oddity of the situation. Why is he okay with YOU killing them? He seems to want to play, but he knows that part of it is killing people. Just because he avoids that part, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, nor is it intended. It's like walking into a warzone with earphones on and pretending that innocent people aren't getting killed around you. It's both negligent and hypocritical.

I'm not saying his views are wrong, or misguided based on my own beliefs. It seems that they are just illogical. He doesn't want to kill humans, or humanoid things, yet strangely seems okay with it happening all around him. It's sort of like "I'm okay picking up a gun, and shooting my neighbors 5 pets, but not my neighbor. Oh, heavens now, that's just wrong."

Obviously something bad is being done, but a mysterious line is being drawn at 'humans'

Now, with the game... Obviously all the bad guys are bad. Why is the line drawn at humans? If anything, demons/angels are the pure ones, and humans are the incestuous abomination offspring. Why are skeletons, ghosts, and things that were human, but arent anymore, okay?

I think the topic needs more explanation than is given. But the bottom line is: Diablo 3 is not for him. Sorry. The maps are randomized, and sooner or later he WILL kill a human, or at least participate. If that bothers him, don't try it. If that risk DOESN'T bother him, or worry him, then it sounds like the issue isn't that big a deal, or its just a case of sensationalism. Much like doing the whole "I'm Vegan because its cool, not because I care about animals"

seems alot here have slightly misunderstood with what i ment here. he base this upon how characters look, (for example many cultists seems to have demon claws and and spikes out their back, and the guy before belial was resurrected from the dead, and magda is obviously not human as she got wings and whatnot) hence my friend doesnt seem to have a problem with these..but if it looks like a human, talks like a human, is a human he feel kinda "bad" for killing them, like the thieves..

for people thinking he got problems etc, and that i made a bad choice of being friend with him. it's really not your decision, it's mine. he's a great guy and i respect him for refusing to kill humans within games. sure i find it abit awkward at times, but it's simply just who he is. He seem to be fine with this, as it was his decision and as a friend i respect his wishes thought's and believe's. This part is kinda off-topic, but after some of the replies i think it had to be said.

i hope this cleared it up abit.

@all replies, i thank you all for the input, and ive gotten the information i came and asked for, ima now discuss this with my friend and see what he thinks. See you all out there, slaying demons and what not!

thanks!
    Last edited by Murreh; 2012-05-27 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murreh View Post
    for people thinking he got problems etc, and that i made a bad choice of being friend with him. it's really not your decision, it's mine. he's a great guy and i respect
    Sure it is your choice to be friends with him. But he DOES have problems. The inability to separate your feelings between a game and reality, is a BIG red flag.

From now on, i will slaughter a 1000 humans in diablo every day in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Sure it is your choice to be friends with him. But he DOES have problems. The inability to separate your feelings between a game and reality, is a BIG red flag.
    I agree. I don't mean to sound well... mean.. but he should probably speak to a therapist. Pixels =/= Real Life.