Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Ooooh, I have that guy as an avatar and forgot about him. I'm voting on him.

I could probably go for Zidane but... meh, not sure. I'll go for it if he gets more people picking him. For now, I'll stick with Xykon and the ones in my previous post.
    Xykon is a badass but he might be abit to powerfull for this competition seeing the crazy stuff epic sorcerers are suposed to be capable of doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Curses, I didn't make the list.
    Once again, too OP

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think we should only get one character from each universe too. I don't want to get like 3 characters from say .... a Zelda game or something. I think we should just pick the strongest or our favorite person from each universe and say bam done. Like, if we have Link and Ganon or something at the end, you'd just pick who has the most votes of the two.

Unless someone hates this and wants to burn it

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I'd like to think we should only get one character from each universe too. I don't want to get like 3 characters from say .... a Zelda game or something. I think we should just pick the strongest or our favorite person from each universe and say bam done. Like, if we have Link and Ganon or something at the end, you'd just pick who has the most votes of the two.

Unless someone hates this and wants to burn it
    No I would say a max of 2 maybe 3, not 1.

I think Ganon is a little OP, consider this, only the master sword can really kill him, and only one person has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think Ganon is a little OP, consider this, only the master sword can really kill him, and only one person has that.
    Does it ever even really kill him? Most of the time it seems like he's just sealed away.

Disabling him, incapacitating or otherwise making him unable or unwilling to fight would work.

#1 Joker
    #2 Morrigan - Darkstalkers
    #3 Pre-powered Megaman X
    #4 Frylock - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    #5 Nemisis - Resident Evil 2
    #6 Wesker (post ouroboros)
    #7 Deadpool
    #8 Captain America
    #9 Sonic (no chaos emeralds)
    #10 Lu-bu (cause he is Lu-bu)

Those are my 10 <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Does it ever even really kill him? Most of the time it seems like he's just sealed away.
    Twilight Princess it does. He straight up dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Twilight Princess it does. He straight up dies.
    Yea, but is it actually the master sword? Ganondorf only dies when Zant snaps his neck. Granted, it did look like his body was shutting down before that, but he's pretty tricksy. It's not canonical!
    Well, then again, in the failure line and FSA they are all called Ganon's "revivals."

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Yea, but is it actually the master sword? Ganondorf only dies when Zant snaps his neck. Granted, it did look like his body was shutting down before that, but he's pretty tricksy. It's not canonical!
    Well, then again, in the failure line and FSA they are all called Ganon's "revivals."
    I mean, even if you just seal Ganon, you still need the Master Sword to do that. You can't really do anything to him without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    What if you throw Ganondorf into the sun ?
    You get fire arrows.

He moves faster than thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Xykon is a badass but he might be abit to powerfull for this competition seeing the crazy stuff epic sorcerers are suposed to be capable of doing.
    I guess that's true, indeed. I don't know much of D&D, but I've read OotS (and people talking about D&D rules and such) enough times to know an epic sorcerer, especially one with lichdom, is capable of some pretty nasty stuff. And we've barely seen what he's capable of when he fought "Darth" Vaarsuvius. I'll still maintain the nomination on him though. If by any miracle he succeeds in getting past the nomination phase, I have no doubt there will be enough characters capable of standing up to him... or perhaps not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Zelda?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I guess that's true, indeed. I don't know much of D&D, but I've read OotS (and people talking about D&D rules and such) enough times to know an epic sorcerer, especially one with lichdom, is capable of some pretty nasty stuff. And we've barely seen what he's capable of when he fought "Darth" Vaarsuvius. I'll still maintain the nomination on him though. If by any miracle he succeeds in getting past the nomination phase, I have no doubt there will be enough characters capable of standing up to him... or perhaps not.
    I've never heard of this character, but here's some basics of what an epic D&D sorcerer/wizard/druid/cleric can do.

They can manipulate time/reality/gravity, resurrect themselves, create new species, create damaging effects that bypass anti-magic, immortality and even dead magic zones, teleport anywhere in the cosmos, create new dimensions, summon armies of dragons, create just about any defensive effect you could think of and even send people into orbit.

Epic D&D characters are a little too OP for this contest imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I've never heard of this character, but here's some basics of what an epic D&D sorcerer/wizard/druid/cleric can do.

They can manipulate time/reality/gravity,
    Only temporarily. Time Stop last, what, 1d4+1 rounds? Gives you time to cast some other spells, but casting anything offensive cancels the effect. Gravity, again, temporary, and indoors isn't that great a spell. Reality? Yeah, I guess. Illusions could really screw some people up in this competition.
    resurrect themselves,
    Um, what? Granted, as a lich, Xykon revives after a few days when his body is destroyed, but to my knowledge there's no way to resurrect yourself. Clone maybe, I forget exactly if that counts.
    immortality, summon armies of dragons
    Only really high epic level casters can do this. Immortality, by rules of the Epic Level Handbook in 3.0/3.5, required a feat to extend your life span by one-half. So you'd effectively have to spend every feat you have, and continue to level at a decent pace, in order to become immortal. Summon spells, even the ninth level ones, are rather weak. Controlling a dragon would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only temporarily. Time Stop last, what, 1d4+1 rounds? Gives you time to cast some other spells, but casting anything offensive cancels the effect. Gravity, again, temporary, and indoors isn't that great a spell. Reality? Yeah, I guess. Illusions could really screw some people up in this competition.

Um, what? Granted, as a lich, Xykon revives after a few days when his body is destroyed, but to my knowledge there's no way to resurrect yourself. Clone maybe, I forget exactly if that counts.

Only really high epic level casters can do this. Immortality, by rules of the Epic Level Handbook in 3.0/3.5, required a feat to extend your life span by one-half. So you'd effectively have to spend every feat you have, and continue to level at a decent pace, in order to become immortal. Summon spells, even the ninth level ones, are rather weak. Controlling a dragon would be easier.
    With enough epic spell seeds thrown together you can duplicate time stop but remove its restrictions. Though to be fair, delayed blast fireball doesn't cancel time stop technically. So it's fully possible if you have the spell slots to quicken/multispell dozens of enhanced intensified DB fireballs so that they all explode on your enemy the instant time stop wears off. Time Stop can also be intensified to make it 10 rounds.

Resurrecting yourself just requires access to the seed that allows for resurrection and casting it under a contingency, (the contingency being that you die) with an unlimited duration. If I recall this is even one of the base examples given for that seed. Also, Simulacrum + contingency greater teleport or plane shift on your gear works as a non-epic ghetto self resurrection, though it's obviously much less effective if someone's smart enough to cast Dimensional Anchor.

When I mentioned the immortality thing I was listing things that Destroy bypasses, not saying an epic character can become immortal. And when I say immortality, I don't mean an immunity to aging/disease. I mean literal immortality, like the Immortality salient divine ability that most greater deities have. There's a reason it says the gods fear epic characters.

When I said summon an army of epic dragons I wasn't talking about the Summon Monster spells. I was talking about epic spells based on Dragon Storm, which summons 9 ancient red dragons. With high enough spellcraft you can increase the number summoned, change their type, (colossal + Great Wyrm Force Dragons if you had a ridiculous amount of spellcraft) and of course lower the casting time, as I believe one of the mitigating factors set for Dragon Storm is a 10 hour cast time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its never really stated what lv he is and what spells he has but the people of the forums compiled a list of what is shown about him or can be figured out.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230935

Xykon, pseudonym
    Chaotic Evil, Human male lich, Sorcerer 21+
    Con n/a (undead).
    Int ~15 (no evidence, age and lichdom).
    Wis ~15 (no evidence, age and lichdom).
    Cha 28+ (casts seven 9th-level spells in one combat).
    Feats (13+): Maximize Spell, Still Spell, Epic Spellcasting, at least one craft feat.
    Skills (46+): Bluff, Concentration (required to cast while grappled), Spellcraft 24+, Knowledge: Arcana 24+ (required for Epic Spellcasting), Reverse Psychology 2+, Speak Language: Draconi, +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.
    Abilities: Fear aura, paralyzing touch, turn resistance, damage reduction (SOD), immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph, and mind-affecting attacks (all lich abilities).
    Items: Soul gem, Serini's diary, Widescreen crystal ball, Teevo, crown that radiates evil, Dorukan's headband, unspecified item that gives fire immunity, Ring of Protection that gives deflection bonus.
    Spells: Animate Dead, Animate Dead Animal, Cloister, Cloudkill, Contingency, Energy Drain, Epic Mage Armor, Finger of Death, Ghostform, Greater Invisibility, Greater Teleport, Invisibility, Lightning Bolt, Magic Missile, Mass Hold Person, Meteor Swarm, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Overland Flight, Ray of Frost, Shatter, Soul Bind, Stoneskin, Superb Dispelling, Symbol of Insanity, Symbol of Pain, Teleport, Xykon's Moderately Escapable Forcecage, unspecified fire spell, unspecified spell that enables travel to the Astral Plane.

Going from that he is pritty damn strong but not to the extend of a god killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    den you get da ice age