Thread: Indy500

Deleted

Indy500

So, the Indy500 is set to start today and as the 'pinnacle' of American motorsport, I'm sure there will be millions of people, enthusiasts and newcomers alike, watching it!

Who are you going to support for the big race? Who's your tip to win?

I'm going to be supporting Rubens Barrichello whole heartedly for the race seeing as pretty much all my motorsport experience comes from the F1 side of things and Barrichello is a straight up F1 legend. I'll also be quietly cheering for Jean Alesi to make his way from the back of the field to the sharp end of the field. As for predictions on who's going to win, I haven't the foggiest. I've not really been following Indycar closely at all this season, but seeing as I finally have a Sunday afternoon off, I thought I'd put my feet up and watch these magnificent drivers turn left for a few hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have anyone in particular I'm rooting for.

But damn the Andretti curse continues as Marco crashes out late. And Sato was looking pretty darn good for a while in the race too.

TK is leading with 7 to go under yellow.

And Sato crashes out on the final lap attempting to take the lead from Franchitti to give Dario the win.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-05-27 at 07:18 PM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Was rooting for James Hinchcliffe because he's from my hometown. I think he came in 7th. Good race though.

Deleted
    My support was for Barichello too. Glad to see him still racing high end cars in some form, wish he was still in Formula 1 though, nicest guy in the paddock.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow the series enough to have anyone as "my driver" but it was a fun race to watch

I'm good with Dario getting the win, especially after seeing the postrace festivities, i.e. him and his wife let Suzie Wheldon ride in the pace car with them for the victory lap, and his interview with Brent Musburger where he showed off his DW tribute boots. good guy, that Dario.

also it's interesting that this is the second year in a row that the win was decided by someone else making a last lap mistake, though Sato's oopsie wasn't as out-there as last year's rookie mistake
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...