Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Brilliant! That gives me more time to enjoy this set, because Katarina is awesome.

So the change day is tuesday?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

If you've never played warcraft 3 or any other RTS it'll be really tough to begin with; try the tutorial and games against computer to begin with.

I have played SC2 alot. This is my third day of playing and i'm doing alright so far. I often get the most kills in my team.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    All you need to know is that 1 kill isn't worth as much as 1 death. Try to avoid situations where you kill someone but will die yourself, unless he is on a high killing spree and you are not (gold bonus for you, no bonus for him).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtracks View Post
    All you need to know is that 1 kill isn't worth as much as 1 death. Try to avoid situations where you kill someone but will die yourself, unless he is on a high killing spree and you are not (gold bonus for you, no bonus for him).
    That really isn't all he needs to know

I recommend this 6-part series: http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/369...et_to_2000_elo
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    General rule of thumb:
    Ranged shooty dude/dudess goes bottom (AD carry)
    Magey type goes mid (AP carry)
    Beefy melee dude goes top (Bruiser)
    Supporty type goes with shooty type and helps them keep safe, sets up kills and avoids taking last hits if their AD is any good (Support)

Last spot is generally for a Jungler (mostly a Bruiser, though it can vary a lot), but early on games just tend to have two people in top lane.

It's not a hard n fast rule, but for the most part that's what people tend to play as.

--

About the maps: The original game had, iirc, one map only. That's it. The mere fact that LoL has several game formats is fairly amazing in its own right. Riot has stated that a huge concern with new maps is that they take away players from the main map, leading to higher queues to get a game going. Additionally, if it isn't awesome, it may well fall flat on its face as the people not extremely attracted to it just move back to the main map.
    What about katarina?

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Brilliant! That gives me more time to enjoy this set, because Katarina is awesome.

So the change day is tuesday?
    To answer that: yes.

There are also discounts on three champions and three skins every Tuesday and Friday, though these are RP discounts only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    What about katarina?
    She and other assassins, like Talon, generally go mid to murderise the enemy AP squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Deleted
    Go play first some custom games, learn to lasthit, try every lane and play then what you like the most, go read some guides, dont rage quit if you dont do well at start.