1h and shield vs 2h vs duel wielding!!!!!

was wondering if it was worth it to use a 2 hander cause right now im duel wielding and it seems it would lower my damage or does the 2 hander somehow make you do more damage my dps on both of my 1 hander weapons are 514dps and the 2 hander i was looking at was 640dps, what would this do to my dps

It is all based around your primary stat/weapon speed/weapons Damage/ and bonuses including attackspeed, bonus damage etc.

Quite Literally the best way to test it is too Equip the Items, or Just hover over the Item and see the amount of Extra damage you will recieve.

If you are using a Shield aswell for Survivability remember to take into account a bit lower damage for more survivability.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Holy run on sentence batman.

2 handers are slower but more powerful, but overall have higher damage modifiers (Highest 2 hander i've seen was at 1500, highest 1 hander i've seen was around 1050).

If you go to dual wield, you get a 15% speed increase, however it takes the offset of your weapons' dps to figure out your total dps. Basically, if you have a good 1 hander, and a bad 1 hander, its more dps to use the good one hander and a shield, as the bad 1 hander will drop your damage.

If you happen to have two 1 handers and a 2 hander, the easiest way to check the difference is to literally just check your character sheet. Keep in mind your class, however, as monks want quick hits for spirit. Personally I enjoy the slower hits as a demon hunter, since i'm not able to turret often.