Thread: Rend as prot.

Deleted

Rend as prot.

Does rend scale dynamically with weapon damage or I it's enough to wield a 2h when applying and refreshing it?

i really dont think its ever smart to switch to a 2H when tanking
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i really don't think its ever smart to switch to a 2H when tanking
    Just make a macro to swap weapon asap. so about 1.5 seconds without shield at pull shouldn't hurt to be honest.

On topic: As prot it shouldn't matter mate. The damage you would give would be tiny so what is the point of endangering yourself?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    You can macro your 2h to rend and thunder clap and your tanking weapon to some revenge so you only spend half a second,which isn't dangerous with proper timing.The problem is that you it's not worth doing that if it rescales when you swap your 2h out.

Do note that switching weapons resets the swing timer.

Deleted
    It doesn't scale dyamically so you only have to equip a 2h when you apply and refresh it,it's about a >15% rend increase with full vengeance.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 11:22 AM ----------

Didn't notice it resets your swing timer,since you only have a 15 second window to refresh it via tc it's too tricky to make a dps increase.But it's proably worth manually refreshing applying at favouring circumstances.
    Last edited by mmoc53495deb40; 2012-05-28 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of time and pointless, especially at this point. Besides, Rend is gone come 5.0 and that's not far off.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-05-29 at 08:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what its worth, Deep Wounds in beta does far more damage than Rend does now, 1H or 2H.