Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Loss of interest

I can't help but feel a bit depressed already thinking about the first expansion for diablo 3. I feel my interest has already been lost with the game in a few short days. I started feeling this way about 4 days ago, and was wondering if anyone has also been feeling this way.

After playing through a good deal of inferno, I just started thinking about what was next, what class I could get excited for again, etc. I almost feel the content was too short to really enjoy properly. I didn't feel immersed into the gameplay, and didn't really get a sense of adventure with the game. Now this could be just me getting old(er), but I know I've felt this way with other games for great deals of time, and also many other things in life. I've played diablo 2 for an incredibly long time, and this was one of the games that gave me that feeling.

I'll stop whining now, and just listen to what everyone else has to say. Thanks for reading.

I bet 100g that you rushed through content. I took my time, played 2 hours/day at most, opened every chest, visited every cave, explored all the map areas, read all the dialogues, listened to all the journals etc and the game kinda got me :P
    P.S. I'm in Inferno, Act 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    To me, D3 is something I play just like how I play games like Minecraft - I play it for a couple of days in a row, then stop for a few weeks, and when the urge for slashing up demons returns I'll fire it back up.

In my case, I'm pretty sure it's due to evolving into a gaming omnivore. Back in the days I'd have one, possibly two games I'd play at a single time, typically in the same genre. Now, I rotate between the ~50 games I still haven't gotten sick of, playing simulation games one day, strategy the next, then some FPS, an MMORPG on friday evening, and some mindless dungeon crawling in the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    I bet 100g that you rushed through content. I took my time, played 2 hours/day at most, opened every chest, visited every cave, explored all the map areas, read all the dialogues, listened to all the journals etc and the game kinda got me :P
    Did the same as Marah (the slacker) :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My tag is Colorscape#1490. Whenever I'm online, feel free to toss me 100g.

I went through every last area I could explore. I've collected the staff of herding. Grabbed every last chest, checked every corner for treasure goblins. The entire thing.
    But I did it more out of necessity than anything. Not because I wanted to explore, but because I felt I had to in order to get an edge.

Deleted
    Diablo III for me is not as great as Diablo II was/is.

Tends to get very boring if i play for a couple of hours straight, however -
    it is still a decent game, and one that i'll keep playing every now and then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    To me, D3 is something I play just like how I play games like Minecraft - I play it for a couple of days in a row, then stop for a few weeks, and when the urge for slashing up demons returns I'll fire it back up.

In my case, I'm pretty sure it's due to evolving into a gaming omnivore. Back in the days I'd have one, possibly two games I'd play at a single time, typically in the same genre. Now, I rotate between the ~50 games I still haven't gotten sick of, playing simulation games one day, strategy the next, then some FPS, an MMORPG on friday evening, and some mindless dungeon crawling in the weekend.
    That's a nice way to look at it, and probably one of the smartest ways to go about something like that. I guess my hopes were higher for Diablo 3, and I tend to enjoy the feeling of getting addicted to a video game. Those countless hours not sleeping because you just want to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post
    That's a nice way to look at it, and probably one of the smartest ways to go about something like that. I guess my hopes were higher for Diablo 3, and I tend to enjoy the feeling of getting addicted to a video game. Those countless hours not sleeping because you just want to see what happens next.
    Sounds to me like a combination of overhyping the game, playing it too much, and having a rose-tinted view of Diablo 2.

Get out. If this game is stupid to you, uninstall. You're one of the lucky few that aren't obsessive compulsive gamblers with neckbeards living in their parents basements.

Go outside, get some beer, and have a good time doing something else. This game is for losers and it is intentionally designed to bring out the worst behaviors in the worst people. The content feels expired because it IS expired. The game should only take you 15-20 hours to exhaust the content, and then you should be finished. Drop it and leave it alone.

The same goes for anyone here, but chances are most of you aren't lucky enough to be like the OP and realize that your stupid loot farm doesn't matter.

Mod Edit: Post more constructively please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-28 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    Get out. If this game is stupid to you, uninstall. You're one of the lucky few that aren't obsessive compulsive gamblers with neckbeards living in their parents basements.

Go outside, get some beer, and have a good time doing something else. This game is for losers and it is intentionally designed to bring out the worst behaviors in the worst people. The content feels expired because it IS expired. The game should only take you 15-20 hours to exhaust the content, and then you should be finished. Drop it and leave it alone.

The same goes for anyone here, but chances are most of you aren't lucky enough to be like the OP and realize that your stupid loot farm doesn't matter.
    Or I'll just play it for a few hours a week like I do WoW and many other games. You sound like an alcoholic who is pissed that other people can drink in moderation.

I'm gonna call BS, I have 50+ hours logged and I'm in act II of hell - and I stopped to smell the roses. How could you possibly be in inferno act I with less than 22 hours of play time without rushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost interest and shelved it after i finished it on Normal, i see absolutly no point playing it on higher difficulties as it is exactly the same thing with just monsters having higher hps and hitting harder.

D3 is waaaaaay below blizzard standards games, not sure where they went wrong.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    I lost interest and shelved it after i finished it on Normal, i see absolutly no point playing it on higher difficulties as it is exactly the same thing with just monsters having higher hps and hitting harder.

Except for the part where the monsters become significantly more complex and gain new abilities as well as the power to combine abilities... and you continue unlocking new abilities for yourself, opening up new playstyles... and half the game is randomized... and gear gets new affixes that open up new build possibilities...

if you grew up playing D2 then your opinions and interests will be much, much different than someone who hasn`t really played D2 much. for me personally i can`t play games like D3 because after you beat such a short game, you ask the question "why continue if what i`m doing is the same, only harder", why not find a challenge in another game? you say to take your time but, if you enjoy and love the game...why would you take your time?

i guess what i`m saying is it`s a type of genre some people expect one thing and get another, but if you know what to expect and you like that sort of gametype well, you`ll really love it.

Deleted

D3 is exactly in line on what D2 was, in this.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    if you grew up playing D2 then your opinions and interests will be much, much different than someone who hasn`t really played D2 much. for me personally i can`t play games like D3 because after you beat such a short game, you ask the question "why continue if what i`m doing is the same, only harder", why not find a challenge in another game? you say to take your time but, if you enjoy and love the game...why would you take your time?

i guess what i`m saying is it`s a type of genre some people expect one thing and get another, but if you know what to expect and you like that sort of gametype well, you`ll really love it.
    For the same reason that I still play TF2 even though I'm not likely to come across anything I haven't seen a hundred times before. Because I find the gameplay fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of what has been said on this thread is truth. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Who knows, maybe the expansion will make it more interesting.

Just to be fair, you are doing (are you?) almost the same thing in WoW. Farming gear in the same raid but with higher difficulty level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    For the same reason that I still play TF2 even though I'm not likely to come across anything I haven't seen a hundred times before. Because I find the gameplay fun.
    I'm the same way with megaman games.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except for the part where the monsters become significantly more complex and gain new abilities as well as the power to combine abilities... and you continue unlocking new abilities for yourself, opening up new playstyles... and half the game is randomized... and gear gets new affixes that open up new build possibilities...
    And the answer to all this complex monsters is always the same: Kite-and-Wipe them dead. And build possibilities with gear dont exist, its like WoW: WeaponDmg > your primary stat > Survival stats > the remaining crap.