Deleted

Can't choose between Assassin and Marauder

I just started playing Swtor again and I can't chose between Marauder and Assassin. I used to play Assassin and I liked it, but I hear that for melee dps only Marauders are viable at endgame.

So can you guys give a advice on wich class i should play?

Logic dictates that marauder is the safe pick viability wise. Assassin makes sense if you want to stealth (interesting in PvP, quality of life thing in PvE) or may want to switch to tanking from time to time.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Warrior variants are really good for PvE for the mobility, and a good Marauder is very dangerous in PvP.

Assassins can tank, but for DPS both require more and have less mobility than Warriors. In my experience, they're a bit more reliant on procs, but that may just be my limited Marauder experience.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2012-05-28 at 09:02 PM.

O.O assasin? wthut?
    is it not Jugernaught/Marauder?

I don't have an assassin, but I have the Republic counter-part (as well as the republic counter-part of Marauder).

I think Assassins are perfectly viable at end game. From my experience it just feels like a difference in play style to me. MArauders might get some interesting tricks, but the Assassin is viable.

Assassins are fun as hell to play. Stealth-Sap-Sap-Sap-Sap-Sap-Sap-mission complete (Then again, the same could be said for Operatives). I have been enjoying the low levels on my Pub-side Knight, but that's mostly for the Leap. Knowing that I'll have to take out any nasty pack that comes my way as opposed to Stealth/Sap/Stealth boost past it kinda sucks.

The only downside I can find for an Assassin is while leveling since you don't get your healy companion til Hoth, but you're talking endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually in the same boat. I quit a few months back and just renewed. I have a 50 Sentinel, Marauder, and Assassin. I personally like the gameplay of the Assassin best as I tend to favor Jack-of-All-Trades or Fighter/Mage classes. The resource usage is, in my opinion, a lot smoother than a Marauder and you have the option to go tank if you want. The rotation for a Deception Assassin is also a lot simpler than an Annihilation Marauder, who overwhelms me in buttons.

I've also heard that Marauders will outperform Assassins in DPS endgame, but have nothing but anecdotal evidence to back that up.