Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    If you want to melee a zombie, you better know a few things.

They will try to bite you. To use a sword you will need to be close to them, so you will give them a chance to bite. Ofc if you don't have any way to escape, having a sword still better than nothing.

They are more powerful than a human. Read this: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...e-strength.htm
    It explains how can humans lift a car in extreme situations. We've never seen a real zombie, but they're probably capable of using their muscles at maximum, becasue they don't feel pain, their brains no longer limites them in any ways. However I don't know if zombies have adrenaline. If they don't, you might be saved from 10x muscle power, but still they will be able to use their body more, becasue they don't feel themself tired.

You will be the one who feels fear and not them. You can arm yourself as much as you want. They will keep coming.

I only see one way to be safe between them. You need no weapon, but armor that protects you from their bites. Suits made to use on a motorbike are great. You can take much harder hits with that. A full suit can protect most of your body. Add neck protector plates and some kind of gloves that cannot be bitten through. Dog training gloves maybe. And make sure your helmets cannot be removed easily. If you have enough money you may buy kevlar bulletproof armor too.

I'm also thinking about buying a sword becasue I like them. Fantasy and anime did this to me But I never though about using them in a zombie attack XD
    Armour is all well and good until you take into account weight and how far you can run in it. I doubt many people could get very far wearing full motorcycle leathers and a helmet. Soldiers train in helmet and NBC gear, even then we get tired far quicker than usual, heat exhaustion is a killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do anyone know which and where I could get the best possible Katana suited for actual killing, while still being somewhat comfortable? Thanks
    Any katana, a sharp one.

Our bodies are as fragile as wet paper.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celerocity View Post
    A saw machete will last longer than a katana for the chopping part, and the saw aspect is for UTILITY. How are you going to cut wood, or open damaged areas with a katana? This is about survival, not killing zombies alone.
    I've used my sword (not a katana, but a real, high quality sword) to chop wood and concrete. But as I said on the first page of this thread, a baseball or cricket bat would be my melee weapon of choice against zombies. A good knife, obviously, is also a good thing to have in a zombie survival kit, but I'd want something longer for actual fighting... zombies move slow, and I want to keep my flesh as far away as possible from their mouths.

Armor is a bad idea it will give them a location to hold on too and sufficient protection for you that your death will last for hours before it finally finds a soft spot.
    your better off striping down shirt less and using some form of grease/lard or oil,better yet a slicked up scuba suit but, this is only for short term immediate save your but situations. long term use and i expect you would die of heat exhaustion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    Armor is a bad idea it will give them a location to hold on too and sufficient protection for you that your death will last for hours before it finally finds a soft spot.
    your better off striping down shirt less and using some form of grease/lard or oil,better yet a slicked up scuba suit but, this is only for short term immediate save your but situations. long term use and i expect you would die of heat exhaustion.
    Shirtless? zombies have finger nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Celerocity View Post
    You misread. Zombie. Apocalypse. Not 'stand still and chop up zombies that are coming at you in a straight line conveniently game'.

A saw machete will last longer than a katana for the chopping part, and the saw aspect is for UTILITY. How are you going to cut wood, or open damaged areas with a katana? This is about survival, not killing zombies alone.

And a whetstone is only useful if you know how to use it properly, and have other materials to use it properly.

Oh I thought this was a 'What is the best katana for a zombie apocalypse" thread, not the "What is the best saw tool to saw wood during a zombie apocalypse" thread. My bad!

And in the event of zombie apocalypse I don't have to stand still and hope for a strait line of zombies. I could be running down the street zig-zaging while racking up my head count with ease. That is why the katana is so nice.

And chopping is not the main move and certainty not the most devastating use of a katana. I can see how someone that isn't trained in the proper use of one wouldn't get it but when it comes to slicing limbs with a single stroke of solid metal accept no substitute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Oh I thought this was a 'What is the best katana for a zombie apocalypse" thread, not the "What is the best saw tool to saw wood during a zombie apocalypse" thread. My bad!

And in the event of zombie apocalypse I don't have to stand still and hope for a strait line of zombies. I could be running down the street zig-zaging while racking up my head count with ease. That is why the katana is so nice.

And chopping is not the main move and certainty not the most devastating use of a katana. I can see how someone that isn't trained in the proper use of one wouldn't get it but when it comes to slicing limbs with a single stroke of solid metal accept no substitute.
    There are quite a few swords that cut better than katanas. There is a very good reason the rest of the world did not copy Japans design.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Any idea how long it takes to sharpen a Katana with a whetstone? Not to mention the chance of screwing up the blade unless you are an expert at sharpening blades to a razor edge.

Well with the internet down I think people will find that they have plenty of time on their hands to sharpen all kinds of things.

There are quite a few swords that cut better than katanas. There is a very good reason the rest of the world did not copy Japans design.
    A curved blade creates a stronger, deeper cut when pulled through a wound. And since the idea is to take heads off you probably want something that can do it with minimal energy expenditure.

Sure, I love a great 2handed claymore and it would certainly get the job done but I would find myself out of breath and void of energy much faster than using a lighter weapon than can do the same thing.

A curved blade creates a stronger, deeper cut when pulled through a wound. And since the idea is to take heads off you probably want something that can do it with minimal energy expenditure.
    They're zombies, you just have to bash the head, not remove it. A section of tree branch would be sufficient, in a pinch.

And I'm with RICH1471... katanas are inferior weapons (even quality crafted ones) for actual fighting.

Deleted

Sure, I love a great 2handed claymore and it would certainly get the job done but I would find myself out of breath and void of energy much faster than using a lighter weapon than can do the same thing.
    Cutting off heads means penetrating bone, one of the best ways to damage a Katana.

Katanas are not slashing weapons, they are for cutting. The idea is to cut the muscles, arteries and tendons of your opponent as quickly and as smoothly as possible, you never try to make any sort of contact with bone. If you want to lop off limbs, any European long or broadsword would be far superior, they were designed to be abused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    This should probably be closed and you should probably choose your wording more carefully in the future.
    Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

10+ Year Old Account

Let em come! Without a canopener they cant bite me and that type of mace seems perfect for crushing zombie heads. Maybe add a shield to push themm down.

Other option beign: http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p7/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post

Let em come! Without a canopener they cant bite me and that type of mace seems perfect for crushing zombie heads. Maybe add a shield to push themm down.

Other option beign: http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/9p7/
    Good idea, when they drag you to the floor you can die in a matter of hours rather than seconds.

Good idea, when they drag you to the floor you can die in a matter of hours rather than seconds.
    I... don't know why... maybe I think too much.

But I just went outside and made sure I could climb up my house to get onto the roof with a load on my back... had to make sure I could get up there with my 3 guns, a baseball bat, and some supplies. I hope the neighbors didn't see me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I... don't know why... maybe I think too much.

But I just went outside and made sure I could climb up my house to get onto the roof with a load on my back... had to make sure I could get up there with my 3 guns, a baseball bat, and some supplies. I hope the neighbors didn't see me.
    what guns did you take?

OP, you don't need a Katana or any other weapon to kill a zombie.....it's already dead.

/thread

what guns did you take?
    All three that I have! (basic 12 gauge and .22 hunting rifle, and my favorite, an antique M1903 Springfield)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    All three that I have! (basic 12 gauge and .22 hunting rifle, and my favorite, an antique M1903 Springfield)
    Excellent choices with the .22 and springfield, I would leave the shotgun at home though. Bulky ammo, extra weight and very little accuracy.

Excellent choices with the .22 and springfield, I would leave the shotgun at home though. Bulky ammo, extra weight and very little accuracy.
    Hmm, wise advice. If the zombies do come, I should probably stash the shotgun and its ammo in a safe spot with some supplies. In any zombie conflict, I want the zombies down before they get anywhere near me; the rifles would be great for that. And I can use them as clubs in a pinch.