Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Templar worthless actII inferno, what do you use.

Just what the title says, he is getting pwned, who do you use and how do you spec em?

Edit--I should have mentioned i play Demon Hunter
    Last edited by digger66; 2012-05-29 at 05:19 AM.

As a barb, i've noticed the best results with the Enchantress. Armor buff, Attack speed buff, knock back is handy.

Enchantress as a ranged class. On my Wizard, I absolutely love her ranged reflect on the second tier -- there's a lot of ranged mobs in act II (including archers, various casters, etc) that it makes you much more durable against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchantress the way to go, the bonus armor and attack speed are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not to Inferno yet, but I've been using the Enchantress ever since I got her. Of the three, she's been my absolute favorite so far. Nevermind the fact that I love her VA and all her little comments :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I honestly thought the other 2 were useless and he was the best. Sure he dies fast, but so do the other 2, he's at least slightly more tanky, and he has heals and taunts. But they're rarely ever used at the right time, but in that off chance that either does go off, it usually can save ya a few moments.

I thought the other 2 had crap dps and just failed with CC etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched to the enchantress when i started Inferno, mainly for the armor buff. (Barbarian)
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    I'm using the enchantress for the great selection of buffs and utility spells. She also has about 2500dps right now, so she can contribute a little damage too.

15+ Year Old Account
    im not sure what to be using for nightmare i just started it with my witch doctor. I use the templar right now mainly for his heal and regen. used him all normal mode

Using the Scoundrel for the crit buff and aoe slow as a Demon Hunter. Chantress is boss for melees tough.

Deleted
    I am playing Wizard, what should i choose, Enchantress, Scoundrel or Templar?
    i am in Nightmare, but do it work like that that you choose different one in different parts of the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultragrisen View Post
    I am playing Wizard, what should i choose, Enchantress, Scoundrel or Templar?
    i am in Nightmare, but do it work like that that you choose different one in different parts of the game?
    why wouldn't it ? that's the whole point.

Deleted
    Act 3 DH here too (well trying), using the Templar. He is stacked in +stam (he actually survives something now) and has +cold dmg on his wep. He provides a minor distraction for the mobs on pull and a meat shield for a spell/arrow or two. All of the followers die very fast and I kinda don't feel I need dmg from Scoundrel/Enchantress so I roll with him.

In Inferno atm and never used followers. Only thing they really can do is to ninja-pull and can give you nice repair bills by pulling whole rooms at once. They are a burden, and their random use of abilities doesn't help as well.

Try without followers at all, it is more safe that way (well, at least till developers will change followers/pet system, so you could set Passive/Defensive/Agressive/Assist and manually use followers' skills).
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-05-29 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Besides their main stats, what other stats would you look for on items to give to equip on your followers eg +Vit?

as a wizard, I am glad for every second I am not attacked. so i Use the templar, gave him lots of stamina though, he has about 50k life

At hell atm, using templar as a DH. SUCKS imo, gonna switch to enchantress from now on, for the armor and attackspeed buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by godhand2nd View Post
    Besides their main stats, what other stats would you look for on items to give to equip on your followers eg +Vit?
    I think we can all agree that their damage is basicly useless (perhaps unless you are fully defensive Barb who normally plays in groups).

So I say ignore the main stats and get your follower as much stamina as you can. Or spend some money for awesome main stat/stam gear. You could also, for example, give them Magic Find gear, something like 30% of those stats will apply to you, but stam makes them not to die and actually be a bit useful, I think my Templar (lvl60 Act3) has something like 65k HP with a lot of stam on each item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly stick with Templar, Just for the heals and HP regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I honestly thought the other 2 were useless and he was the best. Sure he dies fast, but so do the other 2, he's at least slightly more tanky, and he has heals and taunts. But they're rarely ever used at the right time, but in that off chance that either does go off, it usually can save ya a few moments.

I thought the other 2 had crap dps and just failed with CC etc.
    have you even played inferno? you get 1 shot anyway unless decked or a barb so heals aren't really worth it, neither is the tanking spec since he'll die so I'd rather the buffs/damage from enchantress