Feral nerfs in MoP?

I'm not sure if it's as true as it seems, but I mean nerf completely in pvp terms, as they are separating feral into 2 specs, so would this mean the amazing survivability we get as bear on live will be diminished in mop? Like survival instincts and frenzied regeneration only being guardian spec? Although I heard that feral is keeping frenzied regen, but it's spammable and does less healing? And lifebloom is apparently only resto? Please anyone who currently has beta or has knowledge of the spec, verify the changes please. I've always loved feral through op and crappy expansions, so either way I will still be playing it, just wanting some clarification to the changes I've seen or heard..

op, are you sad because you wont be a able to swich in combat from a melee dps to a protection specc by only pushing 1 button anymore?
    about time this stupid "full protection specc cd's in a dps specc" be toned down.
    Last edited by ducklino; 2012-05-29 at 04:03 AM.

First of all I wasn't QQing, just asking a question. Like I said, I'll be playing it either way, and I've played it at it's worst times. You obviously failed to read the majority of the post if all you can do is see "feral" and start complaining about the current state of the class....

Deleted
    Yes ,Feral does not have bear shield wall, bear mastery and frenzied regen works diffrent than on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    In MoP, Frenzied Regen is on a 1.5s CD last time i checked. it converts something like up to 60 rage into about 45k hp in bear form, so probably like 38k heal after switching to kitty. The only bad thing is that feral tree doesnt get the enrage talent, so i think in order to be successful in MOP, you have to play very defensive (if you healer is blanketed, u may as well just switch to bear form once you drop below 60% hp). I'm not too happy with the change, mainly b/c i like my OP spec for pvp. I think this "nerf" was needed, but not this bad. Now if they changed it up to where we could use frenz Regen in kitty form just like it is in bear form, but maybe heal for half the dmg, i think i would be ok with that...60 energy for about 25k. But feral also has some decent talens for survival.. renewal gives you 30% hp on 3 min cd, i think we get a tallent that heals us for like 20k per tick every time we get hit. But that is pretty much all we have for survival unfortunately other than the procs you get from 5cp finishers. I'm lvl 89 and in pve gear, i can proc a free nature spell and i usually use healing touch which hits for 36k with 72k crits. I could see this being a touch decision in pvp, cylclone the healer or heal yourself for 40k b/c your getting focused. As ferals, we have the tools to survive in MOP, but we have to sacrifice dmg downtime for surv uptime, which i think is the way it should have been for cata.

TLR- we have good survivabilty, but we will have to sacrifice dps uptime to survive.

Deleted
    i'm quite interested to see ferals in mop in a 3vs3 arena situation where they can not just go pve god mode anymore, hopefully require more skill for the class

We don't know yet which spec is going to be the PvP one in MoP. Blizz seems to really enjoy kicking Druids in the teeth, so maybe this time they'll go "Oops, now every Druid must be Resto (or maybe Balance), suck it, Ferals."

Besides, Feral nerfs are always scheduled for the first larger patch following an expansion because that's when the QQ from bad players incapable of adapting to changes will have amassed itself. Though this time it might be different as Blizz seems to have finally given up on keeping Feral an interesting class, and is now going to separate them into "kitty themed watered down Rogue copy" and "Hey, it's an armored bear to tank some raid boss."

Though I'm hardly surprised. Most players have never learned how Ferals work and how to deal with them, so all they can do is cry for nerfs and gloat when they happen. Just see this thread, or any other on Ferals and PvP for that matter.
    Last edited by Feranor; 2012-05-29 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Bear surv is nerfed yes. BUT YOU ARE FORGETTING THE BUFFS!! It is lose this but get that
    - pounce doesn't require stealth
    - shapeshifting heals 20% of total health and removes roots
    - feral charge (cat) is on a 15sec cooldown
    - 2min cd 30% instaheal
    - incarnation ( hello spammable vanish if not dotted ) + shadowdance
    - Symbiosis. hello bubble, hello spirit wolves, hello play dead, hello dispersion
    -the new lv 90 talent i forgot the name of.

WE ARE GAINING WAY MORE THAN WE ARE LOSING!

I'm pretty sure the 20% heals of shapeshifting will be nerfed or have a pretty big CD.

But Ferals are currently pretty overpowered. Completely PVE geared and specced Im not able to take out a well played feral (And i did stay alive for quite the time)
    Everytime i got him low he just heals or go bear and heals to the max. Its not fun any more....

I play a paladin and even tho my dmg output might be abit insane i never feel completely OP. Neither on the PVP or the PVE one in PVP situations.
    But even paladins need some number tweaking, that being said the "go bear form and be completely indestructible" part from Ferals should be destroyed!
    I see some nice changes to ferals and hopefully the best players will be able to get the best out of everything while the rest just dies to my judgement

Personally i play a feral too sometimes, enjoy it. Am not so good but i do stay alive way too long.

20% heal from shapeshifting is gone, we have instant healing touches and NS for 9sec cyclone, rootshifts and retardedly op frenzied regen, so I guess we're in a decent spot, dependant on rage generation in bear as feral that is, even though blizz seems to be focused more around balancing everything so give them their time, it's still early beta. And sorry to break it for you but our class was retardedly op this and last patch with the survivability, we were singlehandedly the most powerfull god of survival, we are the only class that could survive 2 smoke bombs without using trinket or any really major cooldown, if played properly. We kinda fell behind on facing fear classes such as lock and shadow priest, but that's fine, because we excelled at burst. in mop as far as I can see we're really strong damagewise, as strong as we are now, but we lost the retarded survivability, and we actually need our partners to do shit now.
    TL: DR FERAL IS FINE YO
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    20% heal from shapeshifting is gone, we have instant healing touches and NS for 9sec cyclone, rootshifts and retardedly op frenzied regen, so I guess we're in a decent spot, dependant on rage generation in bear as feral that is, even though blizz seems to be focused more around balancing everything so give them their time, it's still early beta. And sorry to break it for you but our class was retardedly op this and last patch with the survivability, we were singlehandedly the most powerfull god of survival, we are the only class that could survive 2 smoke bombs without using trinket or any really major cooldown, if played properly. We kinda fell behind on facing fear classes such as lock and shadow priest, but that's fine, because we excelled at burst. in mop as far as I can see we're really strong damagewise, as strong as we are now, but we lost the retarded survivability, and we actually need our partners to do shit now.
    TL: DR FERAL IS FINE YO
    yup feral would be fine without OP frenzied regen. The thing concerns me most is that we have to keep up savage roar Why change something that isn't broken?

Deleted
    I hope they get nerfed to the ground, Feral bastards. I will spit on every single one I kill. Vengeance is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsprotect View Post
    I hope they get nerfed to the ground, Feral bastards. I will spit on every single one I kill. Vengeance is mine!
    I only play my feral after being ganked by rogues over and over since i play elemental in random bg and those scrumsy little cowards always go for easy targets. Oh yes those little bastards have soo much skill by lining up garrote, cloak, kidney, step so they can shadowderp my face for 10sec without me having a chance to earthbind or thunderstorm or any of them being wasted.

Feral is totally balanced in world with rogues. bleed FFF, lol and dance in bear form. I try to humiliate them by going moonfire spam/shroom explode after cyclone when they are below 10% but that recup outheals it and never managed so far.

yes feral is OP, but not the most OP class in game and the one that actually can screw the most OP class in game.