Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does no one play Viktor?

I have started playing Viktor mid lately and I really have been enjoying him, I just played my first draft pick and went 21-2 and had a blast doing it because the lasers bring a type of happiness to me like a child going to disneyland for the first time.

WHY DOES NO ONE PLAY HIM ;'(

Deleted
    I actually play viktor, hes like my second choice mid, i really enjoy him, such an amazing team fight champion with the multi silence aoe damage dot, hes like, the perfect asset to a team

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't enjoy his skill set. I would prefer to play Morgana or Lux.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoshreptar View Post
    I just don't enjoy his skill set. I would prefer to play Morgana or Lux.
    Same with me. Also, it doesn't help that I'm not the best player in the League and Viktor can be a little difficult to play.

beacuse viktor is a bad champion, mostly beacuse he starts with an item he cant sell to get a better one

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't too great. his lazer can easily be dodged by any high elo player. his slow stun circle can be avoided by a whole lot of champions or can be quicksilver sashed out pretty easy. his ult can lose it's target if they run from it fast enough. and his shield he gets is just too small to be worthwhile, even during early game. send me a friend invite i'll play some games eurekasebun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    He isn't too great. his lazer can easily be dodged by any high elo player. his slow stun circle can be avoided by a whole lot of champions or can be quicksilver sashed out pretty easy. his ult can lose it's target if they run from it fast enough. and his shield he gets is just too small to be worthwhile, even during early game. send me a friend invite i'll play some games eurekasebun.
    They can only dodge your lazer if you start it miles away from them. Put it on their feet and watch them burn.

Deleted
    Because other champions do the same thing as him but better.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    I think at the moment his laser is kind of bugged and can move without the animation working properly. The laser appears fixed in place, but it actually moves as normal so it can hit you without you realising. They might have fixed it recently though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WizZz View Post
    I have started playing Viktor mid lately and I really have been enjoying him, I just played my first draft pick and went 21-2 and had a blast doing it because the lasers bring a type of happiness to me like a child going to disneyland for the first time.

WHY DOES NO ONE PLAY HIM ;'(

<snip>
    Because people are under the illusion he's bad, and even if that maybe be true, the people that DO play him will have an advantage of people just not knowing how all his stuff operates due to him never being used. Sure they may know how he works on pen and paper but that wont do anything when it comes to actually going against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

He's not bad, he's just not as reliably strong as the best mid champions are. In some sense he does have a high skill cap, and while his damage has the potential to be insane, as a whole he's simply not as versatile in matchups as someone like ryze.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd just rather play Cassiopeia or Lux.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Less comp and item flexibility would be key issues with the higher end of play, while the correct usage of his Death Ray is a bit of a learning curve for the lower end players. People have an issue using Rumble's ulti for example and that's on an 80 second cooldown, much less trying to spam Death Rays.

Viktor is built as a pretty much cut and dry champion and due to having his passive use an item slot, it gives him even less limitations as he's further restricted into mandatory items with very very little if any choice like other casters have with their 6 slots. The passive was actually meant to alleviate that issue but merely reinforced it as it starts to fall off a bit late game compared to other purchasable items.

He's not a bad champion at all, but he's just one that has a little baggage with no real payoff besides the fun factor. There are other champs who can fill his role easier and just as effective while being more item and team flexible.

Viktor is bad. Really. Lots of effort for so-so results. Other APs beat him in almost every way. One of the few "total garbage" champions, IMO.

I will disagree with most people here and go on to say that Viktor is a beast. But only if, and only then, the summoner playing him is also a beast. People with awesome micro can do awesome things with Viktor. Simple as that. However he's not a very reliable pick as he can get countered pretty easy.Thus most people don't pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I will disagree with most people here and go on to say that Viktor is a beast. But only if, and only then, the summoner playing him is also a beast. People with awesome micro can do awesome things with Viktor. Simple as that. However he's not a very reliable pick as he can get countered pretty easy.Thus most people don't pick him.
    Ppl with awesome micro can just play Anivia or Cassiopea or even Oriana. Those are beast champions when played properly. Viktor with high skill player becomes a ok. His ultimate and his overall damage is good, but his utility is unreliable and he is stucked with an item that is not very good.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I tried him once and found his laser beam thing was little bit fustrating to use along with his relatively mediocre range normal attack., I normally stick with Janna but recently I've been having a blast with Lux.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    I tried him once and found his laser beam thing was little bit fustrating to use along with his relatively mediocre range normal attack., I normally stick with Janna but recently I've been having a blast with Lux.
    Janna is not designed for AP mid, she's a support.

Stick with Lux, I'm having a blast as well.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP Janna real terror. She actually has pretty damn good ratios. While she may be picked mainly for her utility, the damage is there also. Only problem is the CD's.

Anyway Viktor is odd. I don't have much of a doubt he can do extremely well, it's just that I don't see it that often enough to warrant it. He's kind of like Xerath. I've seen them pull of amazing things and be absolutely viable. Then I've seen them do the exact opposite.

I actually thought of picking up Viktor, because he seems like a fun champion, but it's pretty disheartening to hear how he's not really that good at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since he was released I have seen him only ONCE and that was last week, I can't imagine he's that bad.