10+ Year Old Account

Just when I was about ready to give up on RF

Just got done running raid finder and was about ready to give up and never run it again. I joined at Ult, and stayed all the way to the end. Ended up wiping on DW 8 times due to people not killing the tenticles, starting it before the group was full, and a troll tank who wiped the group on purpose. I was the only original person left in the group at the end. During most of the attempts I was the only one who needed the polearm. I've ran RF every week since it came out trying to get Kiril but I always lose it to the lowest dps. So, we down DW and I lost the roll to a feral druid named Fandu. I left the raid while swearing I would never run RF ever again, when Fandu whispered. I didn't notice before he was on the same realm as me, and even though he could've used it, he traded it to me. After all these months of frustration I finally have Kiril and I will never forget his generosity! Now I'm off to run RF on my other toon to try to pay his kindness foward!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see other non-selfish people as well! Same happened to me too, kinda. I was hoping for Kiril too when I played hunter. Dropped plenty of times but never won it. Then on my first RF as a boomkin, it drops and I win it for my offspec .__. Saw some hunter need on it as well and traded it to her as that was for a main spec.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are awesome. I tried for 20 weeks to get Maw of the Dragonlord both in 10m normal alt run and an LFR every week. One night after losing the roll again to another healer on our raid team I remarked in LFR at Deathwing that I hoped it would drop and that it had been some 40 tries to get it (2 times a week).

Low and behold one of them drops and another healer wins it. I was just about to leave raid when he opened trade with me and gave it to me

I'm glad you got your weapon. It's gratifying to see that not everyone is as bad as the community likes to make them out to be.

I will normally need on everything i can, then determine who needs the item the most and distribute accordingly since everyone who can need it normally does regardless of if they do actually need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunknight View Post
    I will normally need on everything i can, then determine who needs the item the most and distribute accordingly since everyone who can need it normally does regardless of if they do actually need it.
    Once on my Rogue i needed the dagger (390) to replace my 318 on my alt, someone rolled for me and traded it. It wasn't too major due to i got the quest daggers like 4 days later, but still. Cool stuff :P

Deleted
    Congratulations.

I also roll need on everything I can. If I win it and don't need it, I trade it to someone else who also olled and actually needs it and didn't perform way below his capabilities. Sometimes when I do need item for offspec, but someone else who performed very well needs it for main spec, I give it away. My offspec < good players' main spec.

I always ask nicely if the person who won will not use it and be willing to give it. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, but if I don't ask, it never works. Just don't hassle them if they say no.