Thread: Moneybookers

Moneybookers

Anyone else have (having) a serious issue with Moneybookers? (the company that charges you when you buy Minecraft) I tried to purchase Minecraft for 26.95 a few days ago and it kept denying my card. After calling up my bank and visa to remove any restrictions it was still having issues! I emailed Moneybookers and even after telling them that I already called up my bank they said it was with my bank! After a few more emails to moneybookers and really horrible customer support on their end I finally got them to admit it was their system messing up. Now they want me to send them a ton of personal information to confirm I am who I say I am. They want proof of my address, a bank statement, and my SSS ... WTF??? I'm not going to send them that information. I feel like I'm being scammed here.

Also I've already reported them to the BBB

Deleted
    I also had issues with buying at the start, but it all got sorted out in the end, I didnt have to send them any information it was just a problem with my bank though. So it might be different to what you are facing.

Moneybookers sucks, plain and simple. Set up a paypal account and link your card to it, and use that. It'll automatically convert the euros over to dollars (paypal price comes up in euros when you select it), and no more pesky moneybookers hoops to jump through.

sry cant help you with moneybookers. what currency did you pay so much for minecraft?