Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also glad to not have to worry about rep grinds for enchants. Rep grinds can be torturous at times, so I want more interesting rewards if I'm going to do them (mounts, trinkets, that sort of thing).

I love the priest skill animations. Psyfiend is so massive, I kind of want to take him just for the looks. He's not my choice in that tier unfortunately. I feel the same way about archangel ...so pretty

Deleted
    I really can't see why the removal of enchants is neccesary. Imo the "wrath-model" was fine. Both head and shoulder enchants were BoA. So you had to max out the rep on 1 char, which was even not hard with all the rep. you got from quests and the tabards.

In Cataclysm only the head enchant is BoA, and I can imagine maxing out rep from Therazane on more alts for shoulders enchant can be really boring. Make them BoA and it's fine.

YESSSSSSS NO MORE HEAD ENCHANTS!
    Thats well good news for me, I used to hate having to grind that boring rep just for the sake of the head enchant because everyone in pugs would moan and even KICK ME just for not having a stupid head enchant!

10+ Year Old Account
    no head enchant!? MADNESS!!! Shoulder enchant via scribes...can see them making a fortune in MoP...time to reroll proffs

no more boring grind for 1 enchant ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This baffles me. On the newspage the blueposter EXPLAINED why they did it? I mean..the reason is right there. That is your answer. As for: Making it more simple? In my eyes they make it less grindy. WoW was never a hard MMO. In the golden days of TBC my destro warlock spammed two buttons and had one perfect pet. There were always "the best" raidbuilds and BiS List.
    I kind of disagree about the reason being explained... It was a big grind and dictated your choice of reputation, yes, but all that says to me is that they needed to change the way you obtain helm enchantments. It doesn't really explain the reasoning behind removing them completely. They could have simply removed the reputation requirement and find another source for them. Transfer them to Inscription, maybe even Enchanting or make them available for a small amount of justice/valor points, for instance. It just seems rather extreme that when faced with the problem of helm enchantments being too "grindy", the solution they came up with was "let's just wipe them out completely".

Wait, so... they say they have plenty of max level quest content that gives you plenty of reputation with the new factions, but then they go on to say that doing quest content to get reputation is too hard?

I don't understand Blizzard anymore. I really don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    There's going to be plenty of rewarding of players who enjoy grinding.
    Well here's the thing then... what if people want those new rewards without the grind and justify it the same way head enchants are justified now? What then? This kind of mentalitiy is exactly what for some people keeps WoW getting more and more shallow with each passing day. Once agian it contradicts with game buisness model which should encourage you to play more. What is the point of keeping a long subscription if you're keep getting spoon fed like that?
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2012-05-31 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    FFS, dumb down the talent trees so that they require no brain usage of how your class works, and not you are not even forced to do the grind to get BiS gearset ?
    This is fucked up. Again. Like pretty much all the info about MoP i read

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    great.. can't wait until i have to pay 30k gold for a shoulder enchant that cost 10 gold to make. /sarcasm
    I for one will not be charging a fortune on my Scribes... I find that to be unfair entirely.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

Deleted
    I don't understand why they're removing head enchants instead of just offering them through some other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    FFS, dumb down the talent trees so that they require no brain usage of how your class works, and not you are not even forced to do the grind to get BiS gearset ?
    This is fucked up. Again. Like pretty much all the info about MoP i read
    Well, it's nearly the same talent-philosophy from Diablo 3: You get a hand full of useful tools for most of the situations. Use them wisely.

It's a little bit harder to balance for a class that can handle three different roles (tank/heal/dd), but at the end of the day, the player will have to use his brain more often.

Skill trees are wonderful for a single player game, where there is no need for a perfect balancing. They are static and therefore hard to adjust, because there are so many multipliers included.

In the future you will be able to select your special abilities strategically before a fight to receive the best outcome. At best, your choices will directly influence your performance. Maybe next ID you are interested in doing it differently to be better or to outweight some unfitting skill choices.

This is one of the (few) coolest things in Diablo 3. I like to switch and check my set of abilities for a certain boss fight. For me it's one of the best possible solutions for the skill-tree-problem.

I hear grinding out the rep for therazane + mount hyjal was hard.............

It was a boring grind and it wont be missed at all.

Dumbing down? Not really.

There was nothing hard or complex about getting helm enchants in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    but all that says to me is that they needed to change the way you obtain helm enchantments. It doesn't really explain the reasoning behind removing them completely.
    Take the rep grind funneling out of the equation and what does that buyable enchant really add to the game? Right nothing. There is no choice involved because there is only one for each role. All it does is take 100+ Gold away and let you do 2 right clicks and a left click. Done.

Now what I would like to see is shoulder AND head enchant go to enchanter (seriously what does a scribe have to do with gear enchants in the first place if there is a profession solely themed around gear enchanting? This is just Blizzard being desperate because their glyph system makes scribes absolutely useless nowadays.) and add more head enchants so there is choice involved (want haste? want crit? want mastery? maybe create other fun effects similar to movement speed for boots.)

But nah too much work, just remove it. Sad.

Couldn't they just move them to scribes like they did with shoulder enchants? :/

Deleted
    Every info I read about MoP makes me happier i quit my subscription in January.
    The Psyfiend is nice, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlog View Post
    Every info I read about MoP makes me happier i quit my subscription in January.
    The Psyfiend is nice, however.
    Guess what. Nobody cares if you quit.

Take the rep grind funneling out of the equation and what does that buyable enchant really add to the game? Right nothing. There is no choice involved because there is only one for each role. All it does is take 100+ Gold away and let you do 2 right clicks and a left click. Done.
    You totally just described WoW's entire enchant system. See, it could be interesting and could add a lot to the gameplay. Yet because of how WoW implements the enchants they end up simply being extra numbers added onto your equipment that you have to get before raiding, which adds absolutely no gameplay or choice whatsoever.

Hooray, enchants!

Head enchants was BoA anyway so I don't need to make any quest on my alts I just send enchants to them from my main (on which I done all rep in cata). For me problem was shoulder enchant which was soulbound and cannot be send to alt, so I like that my scribe will be able to make that enchants (and make some money from it, as glyphs will not sell that good after MoP) )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    While I understand his reasoning, I do think it would be appropriate to split it into a Diablo news update and a WoW update. And some option to hide the Diablo ones would be nice. While I'm playing and like the game a lot, I really think this a WoW site. Diablofans exists if I want MMOchamp-style data on the D3.
    Can you remove your pony shit from your sig and avatar. This is mainly a WoW site and we should have WoW orientated avatars and also no pony threads that are 700 pages long....basically what you just done with Diablo.

Diablo is a big big game atm and considering a lot of people are proballying playing BOTH. It's nice to get reliable news for both games.

And yeah no more head/shoulder enchant grinding is great