Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabukage View Post
    Couldn't they just put ALL the enchants in every faction instead of removing it?
    Dumbing down the game is the only phrase I can think of right now.
    I'd imagine that would get a response from Blizzard akin to: "That's still forcing players to do content." I suppose for whatever small subsection of players only quest enough to level, and spend most of their time in Dungeons, Raids, and BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    You do realize that the helm enchants are boa and once you are exhalted with said factions you can just send alts the enchants from that toon right? Also it boggles why they havent made the shoulder enchants boa yet. It didnt take them this long to do it in wotlk.
    Only the old ones, the ones in Cata are BOP

The change in Head Enchants was necessary. But did they need to be removed? WotLK style "ding exalted once, those all are BoA" was fine for me. And anyway, those enchants were dumb, and served no purpose - a good player had the same enchant anyway. At least a difference between minor stats should occur, so you pick "Agi - Mastery" or "Agi - Crit" enchant. A bit more fun that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    It's not about simple - it's about boring. No one got anything out of grinding one particular faction on a toon after the first patch. It was a boring prerequisite. It added nothing to the depth of play, it just stretched the whole thing out.

My most recent toon I had ready for Raid Finder in a day. Yet I still had to spend two weeks doing dungeons just to get the helm enchant. It was boring. It didn't help anything. And it didn't make my toon more powerful, it just got it up to speed with everyone else.

That isn't fun. And if it isn't fun, why should it be kept?
    Leveling stopped being fun for alot of people along time ago. Should we remove that boring prerequisite too?

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't understand why they can't just sell them for valor or justice points. do the same for pvp have people buy those for conquest points and problem solved. you have given the people who "need" the boost but don't want too be forced into farming a reputation easy access cause they are going too get that the points they need while they gear up anyways. the quality of an enchant used too be a sign of how serious you took the game. casuals had the 7 stamina enchants raiders the 9 stamina. and now we must be all equal cause it has too be fun for everyone. why not remove the shoulder enchants aswell. or maybe even enchanting entirely. cause i don't want too be forced into farming dungeons for enchanting mats. same reasoning blizzard uses for removing head enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need to remove head enchants. Just change it back to how it was for Wrath of the Lich King -- exalted on one character and you could buy it for an alt with absolutely no rep restriction attached to use it. Why Blizzard chose to add the restriction back in, and attached non-BoA shoulder enchants to a very-much-phased faction for Cataclysm...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    There is no need to remove head enchants. Just change it back to how it was for Wrath of the Lich King -- exalted on one character and you could buy it for an alt with absolutely no rep restriction attached to use it. Why Blizzard chose to add the restriction back in, and attached non-BoA shoulder enchants to a very-much-phased faction for Cataclysm...
    But the head enchants have been BoA since the start of Cata, while this wasn't the case in WotLK. (those were changed to BoA later on)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Is it my imagination, or the warrior in this card art http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...3-089-full.jpg the same guy from the Southpark "Make Love, Not Warcraft" episode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    But the head enchants have been BoA since the start of Cata, while this wasn't the case in WotLK. (those were changed to BoA later on)
    That's not the point. When the helms went BoA in WotLK, there was no rep requirement on the part of the alt to use them. However, in Cataclysm this was changed to include requiring the appropriate rep to use it/them on an alt. It was a ridiculous move on their part, and I don't understand how they can't just go back to how it was in WotLK. Or failing that, why can head enchants not be moved to a profession as their shoulder counterparts were?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Cirai View Post
    Not sure if someone already pointed this out- but the shoulder enchants are already in the scribe's abilities - there for the balance for gear/ enchant slot 'perks' is there. So keeping shoulders in the game and giving the ability to sell a 'lesser' version then one for scribes only makes sense. Taking the helmets and giving to another crafter would unbalance the crafts...kinda (that's if you personally believe they are indeed balanced) like BS has socket bonus- alchs have potion benefits and self healing etc etc etc. Then again could be looking at it wrong but eh oh well lol just my thought on why its not added to a profession like they're going to with shoulders.
    Or you know could give it to engineers and then have it be balanced....

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    How about simply giving the head enchant(s) to the profession it should have been since day number one? Enchanting... You could always make them buyable or better yet, droppable patterns from 5man dungeons.

Blizzard is just really boring about everything these days. Just remove the gemslots too while you're at it, doh. These days they like to remove and edit, instead of just add new things on every game they make.
    enchanting doesn't need another enchanting slot.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish I knew about the whole BoA head enchant thing back in Wrath haha. Damn now I feel like many many hrs were wasted >_< .

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes. Sweet, I like this change.

Deleted

bad bad

why they dont remove everything and make the game like diablo...come on blizzard dont make the game simplier...people must do certain stuff to be different

casual gamer should't be the same with raiders etc... you could put head enchant as part of a quest taking you into different areas instead of removing it ...
    MOP is starting to annoy me big time...first the changes in talent trees that dont leave alot of choices to people ...they should put effort in creating more options making people research their class instead of limiting their choices...since it will then go down to people with faster connection better pcs that will be better of pressing buttons faster instead of actually making people think what to choose and when... another -1 for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfieone View Post
    It's not about simple - it's about boring. No one got anything out of grinding one particular faction on a toon after the first patch. It was a boring prerequisite. It added nothing to the depth of play, it just stretched the whole thing out.

My most recent toon I had ready for Raid Finder in a day. Yet I still had to spend two weeks doing dungeons just to get the helm enchant. It was boring. It didn't help anything. And it didn't make my toon more powerful, it just got it up to speed with everyone else.

That isn't fun. And if it isn't fun, why should it be kept?
    There's such a simple reply to this. If its boring, dont remove it, make it fun. It's boring so remove it? Leveling up Skinning is boring so let's remove it. It's a lazy mans solution.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sparrow View Post
    Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes. Sweet, I like this change.
    Hmm. I kinda do and kinda don't.

I begrudge having to pay someone to "make" an enchant (or having to level up a profession just for one enchant) and I really would prefer to have them available from rep vendors rather than needing a profession.

I don't get why Blizzard would remove rep grinds when they're trying to get people back out in to the world (eg. flying not available until max level).

Yet another pointless removal of something in game, but then after almost 6 years of playing I guess I should have expected nothing less.

**edit. Also, the Shoulder and Helm enchants aren't needed by everyone, only serious players who wish to raid at their optimum. If they're raiding seriously then a rep grind should be no problem at all! Failing that, they clearly don't take raiding seriously enough.
    Last edited by andy_mitchelluk; 2012-06-01 at 10:58 PM.