"Keep Inquisition up"?

Hey Guys,

New to ret so sorry for the very newbish question.
    Trying to figure out and optimize my gameplay and I keep reading across many threads that our priority is to "Keep Inquisition up".

That surprises me a bit on how you do that.
    Inquisition is on a 2min CD and lasts a few seconds. So I pop it when I reach 3 HoPo and use it for its duration but then if fades away, it is going to be at least a big minute before it comes back up, hence my inability to "keep it up".

Do people mean "Pop Inquisition as soon as available" or is there a way to refresh it and keep it up at all times like Feral druids keep a 5pt Rip up?

Many thanks,

-Pel

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Hey Guys,

New to ret so sorry for the very newbish question.
    Trying to figure out and optimize my gameplay and I keep reading across many threads that our priority is to "Keep Inquisition up".

That surprises me a bit on how you do that.
    Inquisition is on a 2min CD and lasts a few seconds. So I pop it when I reach 3 HoPo and use it for its duration but then if fades away, it is going to be at least a big minute before it comes back up, hence my inability to "keep it up".

Do people mean "Pop Inquisition as soon as available" or is there a way to refresh it and keep it up at all times like Feral druids keep a 5pt Rip up?

Many thanks,

-Pel
    You are thinking of Avenging Wrath (Wings) or Zealatry.

Inquisition has no cooldown.

Deleted
    Are you, perhaps, confusing Inquisition with Zealotry or Avenging Wrath?

Inq has no cooldown, rather its duration is determined by the number of Holy Power points you spend on it (a la Savage Roar, Slice 'n' Dice).

10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisition has no CD and is something you want up, as Ret, at all times, using holy power to refresh it before it fades.

I think you're confusing it with Zealotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    You are thinking of Avenging Wrath (Wings) or Zealatry.

Inquisition has no cooldown.
    Or Zealotry!

But yeah, Inquisition is the Holy Power spell that increases your Holy Damage done, has no cooldown and for Ret lasts for over half a minute when using 3 Holy Power.
    For the record, it's this button:

Thanks guys - I was indeed confused

Now - in PvP, when I have 3 HoPo, I have the different options:

- Burn them for a WoG Heal
    - Burn them on TV big hit
    - Burn them on Inq for 30% damage boost

Correct?
    When do I use Zealotry?

Zealotry in PvP would be used right before you're about to put pressure on another player. Since when you use it, it doesn't consume the Holy Power -- it just requires three generated to activate.

Since Zealotry doesn't consume Holy Power, just use it when you want to nuke a target, and before using any 3 Holy Power attack. As in, if you were going to use TV - just activate Zealotry first, then TV, then CS (which will grant you 3 HP) then TV... Or WoG, whichever is needed.

That's pretty much generic advice about the skill, I don't PvP on my Pala so no idea if there's anything different in how it should be used

Thanks guys Is Zealotry off GCD? i.e can you macro it to TV/WoG?