Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    OMG im so excited!!!
    cant wait , can we have it tommorow? :P
    well seriously trion is doing very good job. so many things couldnt believe it!!!!!!!!
    and btw when planetouched wilds will be released? :P no word for it ....strange

Deleted
    Baaaah makes me wanna go and start playing Rift again. Though i stopped 2 month after release. They probably have released tons of patches which i'd have to read through

Great news, expansion with tons of content!
    I hope they forgot to mention new warfront
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2012-05-31 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Warfront

Definitely keeping my subscription active (was going to let it lapse) now. These guys deserve my damn money.

I haven't been this excited about an expansion since BC. SO much cool stuff is in there, and I feel much more confident about Trion delivering on all these things than some other companies who promote features upon announcement only to pull them completely later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    This is interesting... I wonder how this will work.
    It's housing, isn't it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    Even though I'm not a big fan of Rift, I have to give credit to Trion for pushing out so much content in so little time. I wish other companies *cough Blizzard* were this dedicated and passionate.
    That's what made wow kill itself to me (no I know the game isn't dead overall). Giving cata a real chance and watching blizzard completely neglect it's players for an entire expansion and then leave for rift and notice how much trion gives their players and also knowing they aren't as wealthy or big as blizzard... how could you ever forgive and forget and go back to wow? Not possible, at least not for me (Rift is according to me more fun overall as well). That's why I'm happy seeing how Trion keeps on rocking and just giving us more and more, it's just simply amazing really =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    Even though I'm not a big fan of Rift, I have to give credit to Trion for pushing out so much content in so little time. I wish other companies *cough Blizzard* were this dedicated and passionate.
    Yeah like revamping the whole world for an expansion.

Gotta say, I've never played Rift but I'm really impressed at how Trion runs their ship. This is the MMO that should be on top of the market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Great news, expansion with tons of content!
    I hope they forgot to mention new warzones
    Ah yea, that's what I thought as well, must be some kind of mistake that they didn't mention them :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Gotta say, I've never played Rift but I'm really impressed at how Trion runs their ship. This is the MMO that should be on top of the market.
    Then ask yourself why it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Definitely keeping my subscription active (was going to let it lapse) now. These guys deserve my damn money.

I haven't been this excited about an expansion since BC. SO much cool stuff is in there, and I feel much more confident about Trion delivering on all these things than some other companies who promote features upon announcement only to pull them completely later.
    You realize how scared I am right now that EA/Activision/NCSoft are looking at buying Trion. If they go public as a IPO there is not a damn thing that will stop either of those companies from buying a controlling share in Trion and fucking it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah like revamping the whole world for an expansion.
    Problem is, those who actually spent time playing the endgame barely had anything left after first 2 months and the content release rate is absurdly slow in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then ask yourself why it isn't
    It's not actually because of WoW itself (I mean why WoW is still #1) anymore, people just play it since many of their friends play it, etc. WoW is not a superior game.

I know many that still play WoW only because their friends play it as well and/or they fear they would also lose some awesome online contacts if they stopped playing.
    Last edited by Thes; 2012-05-31 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Word bro, it's sad that Rift doesn't get more creds than it has. However, the respect for the game is increasing and increasing and if they keep things up they probably will grow more and more. However, timing is the key and that's why I also think that releasing an expansion this year would be bad for them considering all other game releases this year. If they keep it on hold to next year, with good marketing strategy, it will work miracles to the game and to Trion. Then there is also result on how the new games and MoP affected the mmo-players. Especially if blizzard fail to deliver in MoP lots of players would throw themselves on an epic rift x-pac (fingers crossed :P)

All I gotta say is wtf Trion. Why you so awesome? And it looks like Crucia has changed her model from how they wanted it originally. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSTPA4Te4kQ at about 49 seconds in, you can see what Crucia was gonna look like originally back in Dec 2010).

This expansion... So much awesomeness is being included. Curious about the dimensions (aka housing), and how you will be decorating it. Also wonder what the new tradeskills will be (as mentioned in the gamespot article). And the souls. Good lord Trion. I would kiss you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You realize how scared I am right now that EA/Activision/NCSoft are looking at buying Trion. If they go public as a IPO there is not a damn thing that will stop either of those companies from buying a controlling share in Trion and fucking it all up.
    NcSoft are pretty good. They are rather hands-off with Arena.net and let them do their thing. Aion, though not for everyone & far from perfect, is a rather solid MMO. Of the 3, NcSoft probably would let Trion continue being Trion.

I wonder if Trion needs those pubs though. They seem well funded by like Comcast, Time Warner and Bertelsmann.. a few others I heard around the rumor mill. And I believe, last I heard, a few private investment firms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Problem is, those who actually spent time playing the endgame barely had anything left after first 2 months and the content release rate is absurdly slow in comparison.
    What do you expect after 2 months of excessive playing. I agree that they could release more patches more often, but if you compare it to past patches, it's almost identical. 6 months is a good average. You always have to keep in mind it takes longer to create content than to play through. They can not win on this. If they want to give us more content, it'll take longer to finish it and you're gonna burst though anyway. It's never actually gonna be enough. The only reason people didn't notice that in TBC and Vanilla was because content was artificially stretched by unneccessary grinds, atunements, longer group finding and stuff like that.

Believe me, without a dungeon/raid finder, and the ability to equip the character for raids very quickly, people would not complain about being bored by the content, because it would take them a lot longer to get to that content.

Still Blizzard spend a lot of time on reforging the world for Cataclysm. But since a lot of players, or a least the ones that cry the loudest, don't go back to that content, a lot of people hardly ever realize that. People should give them more credit for all the effort they put into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Glorious screenshots! I have to say their art department are epic.

Ulduar says "did that 2 years ago"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    Rifts - Yea but we did a million times better. :3 Now get out WoW boys.

OT: This really makes me want to resub Rift instead of TERA.

I looked on the FAQ of the expansion site, and this caught my eye
    YES! Capes in RIFT: Storm Legion will run on Shroud™ technology to flow and hang like real cloth, and will feature gorgeous artwork.
    Sounds good, and makes me think of the majority of the cloth armor (robe of endless dark comes most to mind on a male, as it's what my mage wears), that actually looks like cloth moving, and looks like it's an extension of the chest armor, instead of the legs being stretched out and a huge hole inside (look at a robe from underneath in wow to get what I am talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    Ulduar was a raid though. I am not sure those are raid screenies so much as they are just screens from the new techno-city or some other interior. They are not labeled on the website.