Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I agree that they could release more patches more often, but if you compare it to past patches, it's almost identical. 6 months is a good average. You always have to keep in mind it takes longer to create content than to play through. They can not win on this. If they want to give us more content, it'll take longer to finish it and you're gonna burst though anyway. It's never actually gonna be enough. The only reason people didn't notice that in TBC and Vanilla was because content was artificially stretched by unneccessary grinds, atunements, longer group finding and stuff like that.
    So what you are saying is that because content will always be cleared faster than it will be delivered, it's not worth trying to push content more frequently, instead aim for the minimum amount of effort required?

RIFT may not have the most subscribers, but it is one of the best rated MMOs by it's players, and Trion have garnered a lot of respect with the speed they have added content, features and polish to the game over this last year. I cannot wait to see what the expansion does for the game. Cannot wait.

What do you expect after 2 months of excessive playing.
    I must say I did not put huge amount of hours in PVE content but it was still fairly push over on normal modes at least.

I don't really get it why they removed attunements and the like (could be account wide for example and not necessarily long chains like BT attunement); working for a goal and then reaching it is the most rewarding thing there can be in a MMO - yet they progressively lower the work load and instead cater "free epix". It does not feel epic in anyway anymore, but since this topic has been beaten to death many times over I wont go much in to it. Honestly, my biggest feeling of achievement from Cataclysm has been when I got 2400 and 2700 rating achievements (arguably very inflated system but realm #1 regardless) on a new character (well I had 2400 on another character from Wrath but they do not share between characters and there wasn't achievements for 2,4k back then). I must say I got bored after that and stopped playing before Firelands came out, then I returned to check out DS and it felt really meh (I didn't want to run raids with complete randoms to keep competetive - even worse than pugging!).

Before LFG/LFR I remember when "randoms" actually communicated and you could make "wow" friends, form guilds with them and do more content together.

Now? Meh.
    Last edited by Thes; 2012-05-31 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's Crucia then she's hot as hell.
    Guild housing, 2 new continents and new souls god I need a job!
    Black Lives Matter

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    Ulduar says "did that 2 years ago"
    And Ulduar was regarded, by many, to be one of the best and most visually stunning raids in WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I looked on the FAQ of the expansion site, and this caught my eye

Sounds good, and makes me think of the majority of the cloth armor (robe of endless dark comes most to mind on a male, as it's what my mage wears), that actually looks like cloth moving, and looks like it's an extension of the chest armor, instead of the legs being stretched out and a huge hole inside (look at a robe from underneath in wow to get what I am talking about).

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. They make seem like it's more of a status symbol than anything.
    You can spend a lot of time and money trying to save a little time and money.

Might wanna keep the WoW talk to somewhere else. Feels like it's getting to be a "game vs game" thread, which the mods don't like.

And I agree the_fallen, if that's Crucia she looks really awesome (while some of the others look like crap *cough greenscale akylios cough*), though I am curious, if that is Crucia, why they decided to change her look (see the video I linked earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Might wanna keep the WoW talk to somewhere else. Feels like it's getting to be a "game vs game" thread, which the mods don't like.
    Oww sorry, got carried away.

I get strong TBC chills from expansions name though.

Deleted
    I'm not even a Rift player but I must admit that looks really promising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    So what you are saying is that because content will always be cleared faster than it will be delivered, it's not worth trying to push content more frequently, instead aim for the minimum amount of effort required?

RIFT may not have the most subscribers, but it is one of the best rated MMOs by it's players, and Trion have garnered a lot of respect with the speed they have added content, features and polish to the game over this last year. I cannot wait to see what the expansion does for the game. Cannot wait.
    No I was trying to say, people will still be dissatisfied. I will always be in favor of more content, we should just keep in mind, that it takes long to generate that content.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very very very very VERY tempted to give this game another shot after reading what I've read in addition to this expansion announcement, but I'll wait to toss my money at the screen untill after I give <Mmo name omitted to prevent flaming> a bit of a go to see if it clicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I must say I did not put huge amount of hours in PVE content but it was still fairly push over on normal modes at least.

I don't really get it why they removed attunements and the like (could be account wide for example and not necessarily long chains like BT attunement); working for a goal and then reaching it is the most rewarding thing there can be in a MMO - yet they progressively lower the work load and instead cater "free epix". It does not feel epic in anyway anymore, but since this topic has been beaten to death many times over I wont go much in to it. Honestly, my biggest feeling of achievement from Cataclysm has been when I got 2400 and 2700 rating achievements (arguably very inflated system but realm #1 regardless) on a new character (well I had 2400 on another character from Wrath but they do not share between characters and there wasn't achievements for 2,4k back then). I must say I got bored after that and stopped playing before Firelands came out, then I returned to check out DS and it felt really meh (I didn't want to run raids with complete randoms to keep competetive - even worse than pugging!).

Before LFG/LFR I remember when "randoms" actually communicated and you could make "wow" friends, form guilds with them and do more content together.

Now? Meh.
    I'm in favor of atunements but I understand why they're gone.
    As for talking in groups, there's still conversations. Not as much probably, but if the players choose to remain silent, let them be silent. As for not being able to make friends in guilds, I don't see why you would think that.

I haven't really played rift but I've always been impressed by the steady flow of content and the in-depth class system, I might have to give this a try.

Deleted
    Still Blizzard spend a lot of time on reforging the world for Cataclysm. But since a lot of players, or a least the ones that cry the loudest, don't go back to that content, a lot of people hardly ever realize that. People should give them more credit for all the effort they put into that.
    Yeah but that was a total waste of time. Old hands at the game are dripping in heirlooms and fly past that content in a few hours if they even can be arsed doing a new char. At the start if cata i was doing a Goblin and not a damn was given that the scenery was diffrent. My goal was to fly past it as fast as i could. If it was a new player then why would they care it was changed? They never saw the way it was before anyways so it was all new to them. It was a flight of fancy for some bored Blizz guys and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of the game.

Blizzard are a total joke when it comes to content release speed. Given what other games are doing they are hilariously slow. Trion have set the benchmark at content release and the scale of this expansion is staggering. So you can head over to one of the many wow forums and chat about that game there. No one in this thread wants to talk about wow. We are here to talk about Rift and dont want it derailed.

Let's knock off the WoW vs. Rift nonsense right now. I'm going to start infracting from hereon out. Please keep the discussion on Rift's expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    We are here to talk about Rift and dont want it derailed.
    Then talk about Rift!

The content they are giving us in ONE game is amazing. No other studio is producing all the things in one title that players want, except Rift. Or at least a vast majority of them. If this xpac drops in the fall it would be amazing; even if it drops in the beginning of the year it would be amazing.

Hats off to Trion for pushing the bar on delivering to their customers.

Want. Want. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT! WANT!! WANT!!!!!

Trion, you can has my soul, once again, once I get paid next thurs. I'm sorry for ever cheating on you with Blizzard/Bioware/NcSoft. I promise, never again will I leave Telara. I have learned my lesson!

Goddamn Trion and being so awesome. TWO Continents? Like one has to be the 50-60 stuff, so is the other a second 1-50 path? PUHLEASE! Though I am out of slots of Faeblight, fml.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Want. Want. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT! WANT!! WANT!!!!!

Trion, you can has my soul, once again, once I get paid next thurs. I'm sorry for ever cheating on you with Blizzard/Bioware/NcSoft. I promise, never again will I leave Telara. I have learned my lesson!

Goddamn Trion and being so awesome. TWO Continents? Like one has to be the 50-60 stuff, so is the other a second 1-50 path? PUHLEASE! Though I am out of slots of Faeblight, fml.
    Im thinking that they are both for 50-60, you will be able to level up from 11 up through IAs anyways.
    Nice Aion sig btw :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Yeah but that was a total waste of time. Old hands at the game are dripping in heirlooms and fly past that content in a few hours if they even can be arsed doing a new char. At the start if cata i was doing a Goblin and not a damn was given that the scenery was diffrent. My goal was to fly past it as fast as i could. If it was a new player then why would they care it was changed? They never saw the way it was before anyways so it was all new to them. It was a flight of fancy for some bored Blizz guys and utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme of the game.
    You didn't really get the point of the old world revamp. It moved the whole timeline forward, gave players the chance to experience Azeroth in a different light. Of course if you're only keen on leveling up as fast as possible, it's no use explaining it to you. However there's still players that actually care about the story and even like to level up characters. New players care about it because it is a much better level flow and gives a much better experience.

Blizzard are a total joke when it comes to content release speed. Given what other games are doing they are hilariously slow. Trion have set the benchmark at content release and the scale of this expansion is staggering. So you can head over to one of the many wow forums and chat about that game there. No one in this thread wants to talk about wow. We are here to talk about Rift and dont want it derailed.

Blizzard also had more patches in the beginning, but they were small patches. A five man dungeon here, a weather patch there. Right now, it's less patches, but they're bigger. But in the end quantity doesn't matter. It depends on if it's good or not. I looked at the patch history of Rift and they really do push a lot of content. I can not say anything towards the quality of that content, because I never played Rift.

But I think to the average WoW player it doesn't matter much if there's a lot of raids. I think that, since there's a lot of casual raiders in WoW, most of them are fine with the amount of content. Raid content is also not everything. WoW has things like the Darkmoon Faire, 5 man dungeons that tie into the raids and daily quest zones like the Firelands dailes.

I will certainly take a look at Rift at some point, but maybe putting out so much raid content isn't even the smartest thing, because it's not aimed at the majority of players.

As for me discussing WoW in this thread - I wasn't the one who started it. And I'm not here to talk bad about Rift.

I don't care who started it. I warned not to continue it and you've decided to ignore that warning. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-31 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Rift wants to stay alive in the market they had to release something, I still think though they would have so much more succesfull in the B2P market than P2P.

So, 50-60 won't be your normal questhub-questhub-questhub experience, Player Housing is being done in such a way as to cater to RPers, and there's 2 new continents worth of continent, tripling the size of Telara as we know it?

Yawn.

Kidding. Kudos Trion, you never cease to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks great. I have always loved how Trion releases content. I enjoy the world events, and how they put things together. The expansion has some great eye candy, it'll be good to see how it progresses to launch.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger