Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    And btw Evilfish that's the only thing we managed to agree today. The lore was so shitty written that the Horde needed to do so much damage in order for the Alliance to snap out of it and finally start doing something. I do not worry though. Those peace wussies as you say will be outside of Orgrimmar razing your city to the ground, impaling your warchief. There shal be no mercy and no camps this time. All the Garrosh supporters will be turned into cupcakes.
    Ye right. Don't you get it. You will never take orgrimmar, lordaeron or any other city that is a racial capital. You won't even take the Echo Isles, I think they are called, the troll settlement which woun't even put up much of a fight. The point is you won't do any taking. Varian or whatever hero will be in charge of that attack will have a sudden change of heart and leave peacefully. And that's just stupid cause I would love it if any of those alliance wooses would do something to star a war. FFS the horde already cleaned up several Allaince fortifications PLUS a city (Gilenas). What the hell does it take to get these guys to stand up for once?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    What the hell does it take to get these guys to stand up for once?!
    Somebody other than Metzen at the reins.

This is unfortunately the sad truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye right. Don't you get it. You will never take orgrimmar, lordaeron or any other city that is a racial capital. You won't even take the Echo Isles, I think they are called, the troll settlement which woun't even put up much of a fight. The point is you won't do any taking. Varian or whatever hero will be in charge of that attack will have a sudden change of heart and leave peacefully. And that's just stupid cause I would love it if any of those alliance wooses would do something to star a war. FFS the horde already cleaned up several Allaince fortifications PLUS a city (Gilenas). What the hell does it take to get these guys to stand up for once?!
    Simple complacency. If a fly buzzes past me once or twice whilst I sit on the veranda and sip my long island iced tea I don't try to swat it and end it's life.

I joke. But seriously, a proper writer at the helm would help.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-06-05 at 01:38 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Although in MoP we're shifting towards the Alliance being white and the Horde black.
    The Alliance are being aggressive, but not in a bad way. We're the ones being attacked and now Theramore gets destroyed (as have numerous other Alliance settlements) and thus our aggressiveness is one of defence or which we are in the right. As Metzen summed it up, we're the superheroes.
    The Horde are just being painted as evil, with the good races such as Tauren and Trolls standing on the sideline. Heck even the Tauren that are shown to dislike Garrosh go around with Anduin.
    Even though alot of people will disagree with me here i actually like to be on the side of the villian

would this game be more interesting if the horde was just flat out evil like there were in warcraft 1-2

It seems to me you cant have a game where you need to have both sides be the goodies and the heroes you need a protagonists and antagonists

Blizz seems to be doing a huge ethical juggling act and failing they want the horde to be misunderstood good guys but they keep making them do atrocities

so either just stop this or just make us flat out evil

also 1k posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's the question I have. Canonically, Outland is now free from demon invasion, gronn stomping, naga water hording, crazed blood elf mana stealing and a certain emo demon/NE hybrid. Why wouldn't the orcs as a people want to go back to their ancestral homeland and start to rebuild, free of war and demon blood.

Nagrand is just sitting there with it's pastoral lands and magic waterfalls waiting to be home again. Why isn't it?

Given that Valen used his powers to heal the sunwell and help the BEs (and everyone) out, I'm sure he and the Naaru would be amicable to peace with the "news (thrall lead) orcs".
    I really wouldn't mind that as long as i get to "Invade" Azeroth. But it's a pipe dream, the orcs will never go back.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Even though alot of people will disagree with me here i actually like to be on the side of the villian

would this game be more interesting if the horde was just flat out evil like there were in warcraft 1-2

It seems to me you cant have a game where you need to have both sides be the goodies and the heroes you need a protagonists and antagonists

Blizz seems to be doing a huge ethical juggling act and failing they want the horde to be misunderstood good guys but they keep making them do atrocities

so either just stop this or just make us flat out evil

also 1k posts
    Agreed. The sudden change in the orc's nature was mainly due to the fact that people thought they were funny. But yeah I'd like to see the horde evil as well, with no Thralls and Vol'jins preaching peace. All out war, fights over quest hubs and all that PVP shit that I play this game for.

And grats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. The sudden change in the orc's nature was mainly due to the fact that people thought they were funny. But yeah I'd like to see the horde evil as well, with no Thralls and Vol'jins preaching peace. All out war, fights over quest hubs and all that PVP shit that I play this game for.

And grats.
    you might think it cool, but wow has taught one major lesson, in that the bad guys always lose in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    this arc is going to piss off people regardless of what happens.
    This is the only fact in WoW :P
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you might think it cool, but wow has taught one major lesson, in that the bad guys always lose in the end.
    Unless you happen to be an UD Elf who leads a group of zombies who's past times include plaguing the living and raising their corpses back to unlife!

No that's from the comics you read. Fact is the faction that loses or wins will be determined when the game shuts down, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that's from the comics you read. Fact is the faction that loses or wins will be determined when the game shuts down, IMO.
    You do realise the creators of wow are followers of comic book lore and who discuss comic books outside of wow.

Wow is one giant comic book adventure.

WoW won't end with a faction winning or losing the overall war.

They have to save something for Warcraft 4.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Jaina got possessed by a old god.

thats what i sense

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's the question I have. Canonically, Outland is now free from demon invasion, gronn stomping, naga water hording, crazed blood elf mana stealing and a certain emo demon/NE hybrid. Why wouldn't the orcs as a people want to go back to their ancestral homeland and start to rebuild, free of war and demon blood.

Nagrand is just sitting there with it's pastoral lands and magic waterfalls waiting to be home again. Why isn't it?
    Because their are already people living there ? In BC Nagrand apparently wasn´t big enough for the Orcs and the Broken so they already had skirmishes all the time. How are all the Kalimdor Orcs supposed to live there ?
    And that applies to all Outland zones. Blades Edge mountains ? There are already Orc, Mok´Nathal, Gnome, Night Elf and Ogre settlements there. Hellfire ? Aside from the Horde and Alliance forces there are brown Orcs and Broken already living there. Zangarmarsh ? Broken in the east, Sporelings and Ogres in the west.

Aside from that the Orcs probably don´t want to move. See Saurfangs speech in the Borean Tundra : "This world that you seek to destroy is our home. We will fight you with every fiber of our being- Until we are nothing more than dust and debris. We will fight until the end."

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I don't think it will be in MoP...

But I CAN see her 2 expansions from now standing atop the summit of a re-vamped level-100 Karazan firing Tactical Arcane Nukes all over Azeroth. >_<
    But then we could raid Kara agian, not that bad of a thing ^__^

Oh it seems Theramore will be sacked through an blood elven manabomb, it has been a while since we saw one of these, glad to see the elves did not loose their darker touch after the Sunwell got restored. Just makes one wonder how many more of those they have around and that makes technically two Alliance cities destroyed through either elven reserach or devices, Nijel and Theramore.

You do realise the creators of wow are followers of comic book lore and who discuss comic books outside of wow.

Wow is one giant comic book adventure.
    It would be more accurate to say that there are comics about WoW. WoW is first a game than anything else, it started with a game and it will end as a game.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh it seems Theramore will be sacked through an blood elven manabomb, it has been a while since we saw one of these, glad to see the elves did not loose their darker touch after the Sunwell got restored. Just makes one wonder how many more of those they have around and that makes technically two Alliance cities destroyed through either elven reserach or devices, Nijel and Theramore.
    Really? Damn, that's good news, I was kinda putting off racechanging from orc to belf just to feel more "at home" with the event. Yay!

In all seriousness, and I do not care too much for lore in WoW anymore, what do you expect? Theramore is destroyed. Jaina's personal haven she created with the help of Thrall and the horde. Now there ain't no Thrall anymore (as a warchief), but only orcs that behave like animals and that have killed so many of her beloved people.. I'd be pissed off as well. And finally she seems to fully side in the war. The game should always be about horde vs alliance.. This friendship bullcrap all over Lichking and partially Cataclysm was boring as hell. You sometimes need people who are rather pacifist than bloodthirsty, but Jaina's change of mind can only be blamed on the horde (and Blizzard's story writers).

It'd be rather odd, if she was still talking her pacifist stuff, after Theramore got destroyed. That was too much. Even for Jaina.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Rofl the Horde is the root of all evil?
    That is complete and absolute exageration.
    You do realize this is World of Warcraft and not Warcraft 1 anymore right?

The war starting is not compltely the Horde's fault, it never is only one factions fault
    Both thr Alliance and the Horde are at guilt for creating dis-trust and hostility between the factions
    Hell even third parties have helped screw up relations, like those Twilight Cultists faggots

The war is not anyone one person or one factions fault
    The reaons are in a complex web
    I would not disagree but I would say the horde have more of a hand in this than others, the horde may not be the root of all evil, but i would say they are close, you have the forsaken...who are evil and who ever thinks otherwise is stupid...the orcs may not be inherently evil but they are lead by a power hunger warmonger who will never see reason...the trolls I would place along witht he orcs, the tauren are the only horde race I view as GOOD, the blood elves are so addicted to magic that they would kill there own mom to get a quick fix...I would wager that the horde would be so much better off with out garrosh and sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    In all seriousness, and I do not care too much for lore in WoW anymore, what do you expect? Theramore is destroyed. Jaina's personal haven she created with the help of Thrall and the horde. Now there ain't no Thrall anymore (as a warchief), but only orcs that behave like animals and that have killed so many of her beloved people.. I'd be pissed off as well. And finally she seems to fully side in the war. The game should always be about horde vs alliance.. This friendship bullcrap all over Lichking and partially Cataclysm was boring as hell. You sometimes need people who are rather pacifist than bloodthirsty, but Jaina's change of mind can only be blamed on the horde (and Blizzard's story writers).

It'd be rather odd, if she was still talking her pacifist stuff, after Theramore got destroyed. That was too much. Even for Jaina.
    War is worst than peace when concerning a story in a game. Both get dull after a while, but with War in a MMO one side will always lose eventually which will always cause discontent amongst it's playerbase, eg the Alliance (Although this was mostly due to lack of story).
    Two playable faction fighting it out does get boring, part of the reason is that the game itself will always limit this.

The friendly "bullcrap" has actually been a decent story so far, it's ironic that the story has gotten noticeably worse since the Alliance vs Horde War was bought to the spotlight in Cata. The story in WC3 was great and that was about Azeroth's superpowers (if you will) coming together for the better of Azeroth despite the past. The interesting part has been how prejudices persist through this peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    I would not disagree but I would say the horde have more of a hand in this than others, the horde may not be the root of all evil, but i would say they are close, you have the forsaken...who are evil and who ever thinks otherwise is stupid...the orcs may not be inherently evil but they are lead by a power hunger warmonger who will never see reason...the trolls I would place along witht he orcs, the tauren are the only horde race I view as GOOD, the blood elves are so addicted to magic that they would kill there own mom to get a quick fix...I would wager that the horde would be so much better off with out garrosh and sylvanas.
    Too bad they don't need to siphon on magic anymore since the Sunwell got restored.