Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It led to a point of direct battle between Horde and Alliance forces in Grizzly Hills and Icecrown, with Tirion forcing a truce and a further treaty, which Shattering indicates. I mean, Broken Front? The Argent Crusaders telling that the Alliance and the Horde are dumb for fighting each other right at Arthas' footsteps?

What people forget is that there was a war between WotLK and Cataclysm, the War Against the Nightmare.

Funny. I don't recall Tirion ever being mentioned in the Shattering, especially in regards to the treaty.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Actually no.Check the Press Conference one thousand times if you want. The only thing Metzen stated is that one side will commit terrible crimes which will lead to the Siege of Orgrimmar by the Alliance and what's left from the sane Horde. Please don't make imaginary assumptions.
    Agreed. I was just looking for that quote too, couldn't find it anywhere.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It led to a point of direct battle between Horde and Alliance forces in Grizzly Hills and Icecrown
    Fights which would have taken place anyway.

I mean, Broken Front? The Argent Crusaders telling that the Alliance and the Horde are dumb for fighting each other right at Arthas' footsteps?
    Just as they were dumb for fighting over vantage towers in the EPL. Or for getting dust in Silithus. Fighnting to keep open/close supply routes in Arathi Basin.

Fighting in and of itself has never been a sign of a state of war. You can have one with out the other. And there is literally nothing in game or in lore to tie in any event to a state of war. Nothing. Not one thing. Varian committed an act of war....did Thrall pick up his challenge? Did Varian "calm down"? You see the fighting in ICC and GH as proof of war. Fine. I look and I see business as usual. I see nothing there that doesn't happen elsewhere. Worse, I don't see anyone using the excuse of "war" to justify their actions. The Broken Front occurred because the commander would rather see the Horde victorious over the Scourge, or noone and couldn't bear the thought the Alliance were doing better. The Grizzly Hills occurred because both sides needed resources. Without the excuse of coioperation to keep them in check, the usual inclination to fight reasserted itself.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Funny. I don't recall Tirion ever being mentioned in the Shattering, especially in regards to the treaty.
    Sorry, I forgot a comma there. The treaty has nothing to do with Tirion.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Fights which would have taken place anyway.
    We don't know that, especially when the leadership would be different if the Wrathgate didn't happened the way it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Just as they were dumb for fighting over vantage towers in the EPL. Or for getting dust in Silithus. Fighnting to keep open/close supply routes in Arathi Basin.

Fighting in and of itself has never been a sign of a state of war. You can have one with out the other. And there is literally nothing in game or in lore to tie in any event to a state of war. Nothing. Not one thing. Varian committed an act of war....did Thrall pick up his challenge? Did Varian "calm down"? You see the fighting in ICC and GH as proof of war. Fine. I look and I see business as usual. I see nothing there that doesn't happen elsewhere. Worse, I don't see anyone using the excuse of "war" to justify their actions. The Broken Front occurred because the commander would rather see the Horde victorious over the Scourge, or noone and couldn't bear the thought the Alliance were doing better. The Grizzly Hills occurred because both sides needed resources. Without the excuse of coioperation to keep them in check, the usual inclination to fight reasserted itself.

EJL
    It still doesn't change that after Wrathgate and Undercity, the Alliance and Horde fight each other on every field they are present in Northrend. There is a clear "cause-effect" there, supported by the quests and logs, like the one Zaelsino posted.

Her new model seems to give the impression that she caught part of the blast. And it looks like it might've empowered her. Dammit...

Now I'm more eager for the book.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2012-06-12 at 11:20 PM.
    STRESS

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Her new model seems to give the impression that she caught part of the blast. And it looks like it might've empowered her. Dammit...

Now I'm more eager for the book.
    where is her new model?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    where is her new model?
    on the front page
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    on the front page
    well its just her eyes and hair is white

Blizz did say they were thinking of making her hair white as a result of shock

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Problem is, a hefty chunk of the playerbase wants a concrete reason for the PvP to be validated through proper lore. I mean, you saw how people got all mad about there barely being any faction conflict during Wotlk. They like it when they have a lore supported reason to gank everyone they see.

It's not optimal story wise, but it encourages the PvP in a lot of ways. "You're at war, so don't hold back when you're facing other players." (Of course, not all people are so easily manipulated this way, but we're all affected by the way Blizzard takes the story of this game)

It's a very simple storyline, but in a game which centers around faction conflict, you don't always need a complex storyline which steers away from the conflict.
    No one cares about lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo View Post
    No one cares about lore.
    5g says that if they were to mangle the lore, you'd care and call them out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is she basically going crazy?

10+ Year Old Account

I thought her hair was going all white from the arcane, but her inner hatred has brought out in my opinion.
    Can't wait to for Mists of Pandaria and damn Garrosh can;t wait to kill him off either.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Jaina has every reason to lash out at the Horde, no matter who runs it afterwards. The soldiers of the Horde razed her home, soldiers that she did her best in the past to save. She is the most powerful mage in Azeroth, she stood toe to toe with the Lich King Arthas Menethil, and survived. No one else could pull off that feat, even the leaders of the Burning Legion were afraid to attempt such an action, Illidan nearly lost his life to just Arthas Menethil the Death Knight. With the location of Theramore she could have wiped Orgrimmar off the face of Azeroth, especially with her adept command of water and ice magic. Toss in the fact that she can teleport into Orgrimmar at will, and even create portals, that in and of itself should speak to her command of the arcane. All of the mages of the Horde that live in Orgrimmar have nothing on her, they don't even know that it's happening until after she's already locked the portal. The seat of power of the Horde up till now has been unknowingly at the mercy and survived on the good will of Jaina Proudmore. Blizzard will hopefully properly portray the wrath she'll be unleashing over the betrayal and unforgivable acts of aggression against her city, people and self.
    Theramore invaded Horde territory first. She has little right to be so angry. Second she wouldn't be able to wipe out Orgrimmar. The Horde has gained a sizeable navy to counter Theramore and she wouldn't be able to control the ocean if that's what you're getting at. Third I'm pretty sure Aethas can mass teleport as well. They don't let just anyone join the Six, a group of the most powerful mages made to rule the capital of mortal magic users. Lastly the part where you said no one else could stand toe to toe with the Lich King and survive, Sylvanas did.

May I remind you Admiral which you have the same name as the admiral of Kul Tiras that half of the Fleet of Kul Tiras alone is all the fleet that the Horde have so don't overestimate the Horde fleet. Second she has the Focusing Iris on her possesion the artifact that can control magic. I am sure she can obliterate Orgrimmar if she wanted. Aethas is a part of the Kirin Tor a neutral faction. He cannot interfere without provoking the Kirin Tor and he is just only one. Now about Sylvannas it was game mechanics that she survived from Arthas as she is no mage not to mention that she of course could have died if were not for the players.

we alrdy seen her being crazy in cata in the latest hc dungeons.

i really like her new looks. it might bring me back into the game to see all the new lore that is going around.

Why did Admiral Proudmoore die? When his death didnt restore peace between theramore and the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Theramore invaded Horde territory first. She has little right to be so angry. Second she wouldn't be able to wipe out Orgrimmar. The Horde has gained a sizeable navy to counter Theramore and she wouldn't be able to control the ocean if that's what you're getting at. Third I'm pretty sure Aethas can mass teleport as well. They don't let just anyone join the Six, a group of the most powerful mages made to rule the capital of mortal magic users. Lastly the part where you said no one else could stand toe to toe with the Lich King and survive, Sylvanas did.

Horde invaded ASHENVALE first. Get it right. And from doing the questlines in their entirety the whole S. Barrens questline had very little with offensive as it did defensive since the entire line involved the Alliance pushing into Stonetalons as a way to get supplies and reinforcements into Ashenvale.

And I again find it rather hilarious that the orc idea of treachery involves fighting back after being provoked.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Margallo View Post

I thought her hair was going all white from the arcane, but her inner hatred has brought out in my opinion.
    Can't wait to for Mists of Pandaria and damn Garrosh can;t wait to kill him off either.

Dunno bout her hair, but the way her eyes look it looks like she was exposed to a lot of energy.
    STRESS

Where does it say the entire SB invasion was simply to get supplies into Stonetalon/Ashenvale?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Why did Admiral Proudmoore die? When his death didnt restore peace between theramore and the horde.
    It did restore peace.
    Jaina siding with the Horde saved Thermore and saved a little bit of the Horde's respect

Even though peace resumed.......
    Proudmoore's action left very bitter feelings between the Horde and Thermore

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 02:44 PM ----------

Horde invaded ASHENVALE first. Get it right. And from doing the questlines in their entirety the whole S. Barrens questline had very little with offensive as it did defensive since the entire line involved the Alliance pushing into Stonetalons as a way to get supplies and reinforcements into Ashenvale.
    More defensive rather offensive?
    Human armies are launching an offense against enemy lands. I dont see that as being defensive. Unless its pre-emptive

and Garrosh may have been the first to strike in this most recent conflict

But it was Proudmoore using Thermore as a base that first broke the peace between the New Horde and New Alliance

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Where does it say the entire SB invasion was simply to get supplies into Stonetalon/Ashenvale?
    Its not to get simpe supplies to the Night Elves.
    They can just do that by boat

Its to link up Human armies with Night Elf armies.
    Since they are currently fighting at differant sides of the continent
    it makes sense military wise, to invade Horde lands from two sides, lnik up, then make the final push together.

Except in this case, the Night Elves are more staying still, and the Humans armies are the ones that are doing all the "linking up"
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-06-13 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    It did restore peace.
    Jaina siding with the Horde saved Thermore and saved a little bit of the Horde's respect

Even though peace resumed.......
    Proudmoore's action left very bitter feelings between the Horde and Thermore

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 02:44 PM ----------

More defensive rather offensive?
    Human armies are launching an offense against enemy lands. I dont see that as being defensive. Unless its pre-emptive

and Garrosh may have been the first to strike in this most recent conflict

But it was Proudmoore using Thermore as a base that first broke the peace between the New Horde and New Alliance

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 02:49 PM ----------

Its not to get simpe supplies to the Night Elves.
    They can just do that by boat

Its to link up Human armies with Night Elf armies.
    Since they are currently fighting at differant sides of the continent
    it makes sense military wise, to invade Horde lands from two sides, lnik up, then make the final push together.

Except in this case, the Night Elves are more staying still, and the Humans armies are the ones that are doing all the "linking up"

Drek, you're all over the place. First Theramore broke the peace by allowing the Alliance to use it as a base. And THEN you say that Garrosh was the first to strike. Garrosh struck, THEN the Alliance landed forces at Theramore to try to get through to Ashenvale. The entire questline sends you simply supporting the various camps that defend said road to Stonetalon, then it sends you into Stonetalon with the culmination being you trying to save as many druids before the bomb is dropped.

And no they can't get supplies by boat since Auberdine was destroyed by water elementals. The only way there is by bird. So Theramore is now the ONLY port in Kalimdor for the Alliance. Or rather it was. And the Night elves are indeed pushing to link up, since, like the Alliance S.Barren quests, the Ashenvale quests have you pushing south into Stonetalon. Again, once the questlines merge you're final bit involves rescuing as many druids as you can before the Horde drop the bomb.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2012-06-13 at 05:16 PM.
    STRESS