Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jaina is one of those characters blizzard puts on the sidelines, they pop up every once in a while and get little story development. But then, blizzard focuses on them for an entire expansion, or a book, or something; and totally ruins the character. Happened with Thrall during the current WoW timeline, going to happen with Jaina. T_T fail writers really can ruin something good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I love the fact she is starting to get aggressive, this expansion is about war and Jaina has finally realised there can be no peace with the Horde. Also this book cover shows how much pain and anger she is going through.

-picture-

I just think that's because she's fucking drowning, haha :P

Also, people say that she is being to hatefull. But remember she says all this WHILE her city is being burned to the ground. It's not a few months after the fact or anything..

Everything she has worked for is going up in flames before her very eyes. People who depended on her, and trusted her to protect them are dying in front of her very eyes.

Shit like that would get a person I imagine.

Excuse me Ichigo but that quote Neutrality is Over is a little hypocritical. You may wonder why I say this. I remember in other posts I mentioned that Garrosh and Sylvannas are doing some actions that would eventually turn the Neutral factions that worked to save Azeroth against them in order to save it again. Some Garrosh fangirls started saying that the Neutrals won't really do anything because they have both Horde and Alliance in which I replied that in order to save Azeroth the Horde inside the Neutral factions will work against Garrosh. Some months later I see the Horde and The Alliance working together to bring Garrosh down and if as you say Neutrality is Over then you won't mind then if the whole Alliance with what's left from the Pure Horde along with The Argent Crusade, The Knights of the Ebon Blade, The Kirin Tor, The Earthen Ring, The Cenarion Circle and many numerous Neutral factions will be out of your Orgrimmar by the end of MOP sieging your city to the ground in order to bring that warmonger Hellscream to justice.

Yeah right, now Tirion might jump in to help the alliance, but that would kind fuck his army up seeing how it's composed out of both factions. And the Knights of the Ebon Blade wouldn't give a toss about what happens between the horde and the alliance, they'd just come by to restock on corpses. The Kirin Tor might come to help the alliance but the Earthen Ring would back the Horde. And the Cenarion Circle, much like the Argent Crusade is composed out of both factions. So no, I have the distinct feeling none of the factions would get involved, except the goblins who wouldn't break their neutrality but just sell to the highest bidder.

Deleted
    The thing that destroyed the Story for me is concentrating the plot again on Horde vs. Alliance! After Warcraft 3 the Horde and Alliance were allies and there was peace between the two factions. Even In WoW you didn't see large battles between the two factions. Furthermore In some areas like Theramore you killed rebelling forces, who whanted to start the whole fight again. But post-Cataclysm( the event not the whole xpac) Blizz decided to start this pointless war again. Now you can see in almost every area Horde vs. Alliance; believe me that starts getting really boring. I don't understand why people believe that Warcraft means War between the two factions! In the World of Warcraft there are many forces that threaten the world and can only be destroyed if the people of azeroth fight together. I loved the storyline of wcIII seeing old enemys fight together to kill a common foe ( same in classic AQ or BC at the dark portal), and now they are fighting each other again? No i neither like this concept, garrosh nor Jaina.
    Thrall should finally come back and fight between the two nation should be restricted for pvp (i.e. for skirmishes like warsong)

My friend Evilfish the same thing you said was said for the Horde also. They claimed that the Horde were so loyal to Garrosh that they wouldn't turn against him. 5 months later and look the results. Do you trully believe the Neutral factions or some of them won't help to stop Garrosh if they think he is a big threat to Azeroth? Personally they have a lot of reasons. As I said before the Horde along with the Alliance inside the Argent Dawn will unite to bring Garrosh down if they see he is becoming a threat. For the Knights of the Ebon Blade you just gave them one more reason to join against Garrosh to restock from the corpses of Garrosh's followers. The Kirin Tor will of course side with the Alliance. The Earthen Ring is loyal to Thrall not Garrosh's Horde. That's the mistake you made. If Thrall is moving against Garrosh they will follow him. As I mentioned there are plenty of reasons that to me give me the feeling that they will take some part to bring him down as they helped bring down Illidan, Arthas and Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her new voice overs. I'd personally love to see her blow some orcs to smithereens.

Jaina: "The Horde is no longer our enemy! The orcs have their own kingdom now---"

Admiral Proudmoore: "You have always been naive, my daughter. You aren't old enough to remember what those monsters did to our homeland. The orcs and their kin cannot be trusted. They must be exterminated like the mongrels they are!"

Jaina: "I won't let you do it father. You don't understand!"

Admiral Proudmoore: "I understand more than you suspect my dear. Perhaps in time, you will too..."

This has has been setting up for a very long time. Admiral Proudmoore may have been stubborn, but he had good reason to hate the orcs. His problem was that he assumed all orcs were like the ones he faced. Jaina's problem is that she looks at Thrall and simply assumes all other orcs are like him. Now, she truly sees what her father saw. Garrosh is everything about orcs that men like Daelin Proudmoore hated. The demonic blood they drank only made them slaves to the demons...it was their bloodlust that truly drove their carnage.

They may have given orcs a backstory that turned them from something other than pure evil, but they never retconned their thirst for battle and bloodshed. It makes them interesting, but it also makes then entirely unpalatable for a peaceful world. To see her father's warning turn into reality...that has to eat her up inside. Especially since she helped kill him because she thought he was wrong. It's easy to see how she would suddenly adopt his mindset after such a tragic event. Hopefully, by the end, she'll find some middle ground in her internal struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    My friend Evilfish the same thing you said was said for the Horde also. They claimed that the Horde were so loyal to Garrosh that they wouldn't turn against him. 5 months later and look the results. Do you trully believe the Neutral factions or some of them won't help to stop Garrosh if they think he is a big threat to Azeroth? Personally they have a lot of reasons. As I said before the Horde along with the Alliance inside the Argent Dawn will unite to bring Garrosh down if they see he is becoming a threat. For the Knights of the Ebon Blade you just gave them one more reason to join against Garrosh to restock from the corpses of Garrosh's followers. The Kirin Tor will of course side with the Alliance. The Earthen Ring is loyal to Thrall not Garrosh's Horde. That's the mistake you made. If Thrall is moving against Garrosh they will follow him. As I mentioned there are plenty of reasons that to me give me the feeling that they will take some part to bring him down as they helped bring down Illidan, Arthas and Deathwing.
    Garrosh is getting what he's supposed to get in MOP because the fanbase demanded his head on a platter. Tell you what, why don't we see what would happen if they decided to kill off Sylvanas tomorrow. I assure you it would be a riot and mass whining and quitting that Blizzard would piss their pants. Cause if the Horde would really get sieged Thrall, AKA wow's Jesus, would shit a brick, and seeing how everyone loves Thrall, they'd just forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    That was entirely the point I was making. The poster to whom I responded claimed that Jaina was complicit/guilty in Theramore's affairs (the ruler and the city are not one in the same), but there's simply no evidence for that claim.
    Didn't quite catch that from your post, we share an opinion then.

Quote Originally Posted by feenmann View Post
    The thing that destroyed the Story for me is concentrating the plot again on Horde vs. Alliance! After Warcraft 3 the Horde and Alliance were allies and there was peace between the two factions. Even In WoW you didn't see large battles between the two factions. Furthermore In some areas like Theramore you killed rebelling forces, who whanted to start the whole fight again. But post-Cataclysm( the event not the whole xpac) Blizz decided to start this pointless war again. Now you can see in almost every area Horde vs. Alliance; believe me that starts getting really boring. I don't understand why people believe that Warcraft means War between the two factions! In the World of Warcraft there are many forces that threaten the world and can only be destroyed if the people of azeroth fight together. I loved the storyline of wcIII seeing old enemys fight together to kill a common foe ( same in classic AQ or BC at the dark portal), and now they are fighting each other again? No i neither like this concept, garrosh nor Jaina.
    Thrall should finally come back and fight between the two nation should be restricted for pvp (i.e. for skirmishes like warsong)
    The point that is forgotten is that after the Shattering there was a massive famine and they had to fight for the remaining farmland/food/water. THAT was the thing that ignited the whole war again. And i think that is partly the point that this war is rekindled over and over with weaker and stronger reasons from time to time. It again is the nature of war. And the Twilights Hammer and the Legion make a hobby out of keeping it that way additionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    As alliance.. i cant wait for the slaughter.. of every green mongrel.. walking *grins*

Tirion going neutral ....... QQ!
    Malfurion going neutral ..... QQ!
    Thrall going neutral ....... QQ!
    Jaina going full Alliance ....... QQ?

Something does not seem right here ...... looks like people will QQ about anything .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Oh, joy. They threw away twelve years of real-world development to continue shilling a faction war that should've ended after Hyjal. And rather than just have her commit to taking out Garrosh for the greater good, like Jaina would, they instead went to the extreme and made her just another boring, generic warmonger.

Time to find another favorite character, faith in both factions totally lost as the only characters left I give a crap about are Velen and Lor'themar, and they haven't done anything outside their short stories since BC and the Quel'Delar chain, respectively.
    But to get Garrosh out, the only way is to defeat the Horde first. When you are in a state of war, the fastest way to peace is to defeat the enemy as quickly as possible. That does not mean that occasions to form alliances with resistance groups within the Horde would not arise though. Then I wouldn't be surprised if Jaina takes part in the negociations with those groups.

This character development is the only logical course of action after the destruction of Theramore.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    I'm really tired of this. Can we please have some character development that isn't a character from WCIII "going mad" or "being corrupted"? Please?

I mean god, you want me to pay $14.99 a month for something that's barely even fanfiction quality?
    I thought that's what we got. Jaina is neither corrupted nor mad. She just has a normal reaction to a terrible tragedy that happened to her and her people. I mean, for once they are doing it right.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I don't think she shares the same opinion of the entire horde as she does of the orcs who are directly laying seige to her neutral city. She has every right to be pissed and called them rabid whatevers, because that's what those who are attacking a NEUTRAL city are.

But yes, i will be bitterly disappointed if she ends up going all psycho bitch on everyone and her character totally changes. I hate the way she has held the alliance back, but the whole "lets just make her batshit crazy like we did with Sylvannas" being used, or in my opinion at least, being the likely path that she will follow.
    Theramore is not and never was a neutral city. Jaina is not and never was a neutral character. Theramore is an Allied city. It is a harbour where Allied forces from the Eastern Kingdoms can send troops and fleets to mount an attack against Durotar itself. It is a strong strategic point for the Alliance and as such a prime target. There's no question that Garrosh had to take/destroy Theramore if he wants to win the war.

That doesn't mean that Jaina shouldn't be pissed though. Really, MoP is beginning well. Or is it Cataclysm that is ending well... Anyway, the story gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

Something does not seem right here ...... looks like people will QQ about anything .....
    Little more needs to be said than this.

I personally am super excited to see her getting ready to kick some ass
    Going to see one of the most powerful mages in Azeroth finally unleash hell, and it will be amazing imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really buy the "out of character" argument. Everyone is capable of getting angry. If someone came to my house, wrecked all my stuff, kicked my pets and shot my family, would it be "out of character" for me to be pissed off?

I welcome this development, it should be an interesting arc for Jaina.

Out of character or not, i honestly don't care anymore...

All i know is that at least somebody in alliance leadership has woken up and realized this is war and that fighting back is in order, now hope that Blizz follows through on it, i've seen enough characters go "That damn horde! make them... Oh look, boars on my lawn, go kill them! Horde what?" to have my doubts by now...

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

Something does not seem right here ....
    What is wrong here would be your twisting perspective.

Saying Jaina is going "full Alliance" is like saying Garrosh is going "Full Horde".

First off, just like Garrosh, Jaina was never a neutral NPC to the Horde in-game. She just wanted peace in her story and that's it. She has always been an alliance-specific character we interacted with. Hell, Horde could raid and kill her since Vanilla day-1 if they wanted.

Secondly, she's not going "Full Alliance" - she's going Full-on angry racist potential-future-boss mad like Garrosh Hellscream is.

She doesn't sound too mad to go insane at any point in the next expansion. It just doesn't feel right. However, this just gives Jaina a reason to take a side in the war. She couldn't stay neutral with Garrosh in charge. Will she stay angry forever? Maybe not, but I don't see a chance for her to just go insane.

Deleted
    Horde and alliance shouldn't like each other, so im glad she has got that hatred, And think of it, say a country come to your country and destroyed your city/town killing everyone. you would be pissed