Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the heavens shall tremble...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    She's held these feelings down for many years, and hoped that she was wrong about the orcs. They finally up and do something that pushes her tolerance over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why the fk do people think hellscream started this war? Did anyone of you do the battle for the undercity. THAT is when this war kicked off long before hellscream was warchief. The king declared war on the horde in windrunners room. They were the first to move into horde land and attack the day before the cataclysm. And where did this attack come from? Thats right theramore. Hellscream does the right thing by laying waste to it.

Horde and the Alliance made peace after WotLK. Read The Shattering by Christie Golden.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Oh, joy. They threw away twelve years of real-world development to continue shilling a faction war that should've ended after Hyjal. And rather than just have her commit to taking out Garrosh for the greater good, like Jaina would, they instead went to the extreme and made her just another boring, generic warmonger.

Time to find another favorite character, faith in both factions totally lost as the only characters left I give a crap about are Velen and Lor'themar, and they haven't done anything outside their short stories since BC and the Quel'Delar chain, respectively.

Deep breathe Call. 1)It's beta and we know things in beta are subject to change.
    2)It could be a heat of the moment thing with her being embaressed about it afterwards and asking you not to mention it.
    3)Her reference to "like you" could be directed at Garrosh because she knows he's the one that ordered the assault and put like-minded orcs in charge. So I'd hold off on jumping from the bandwagon.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I agree 100%. I play both alliance and horde equally so I'm not biased towards any of the two factions. I hope she doesn't take it as far as Varian does. Varian is just as big an idiot as Garrosh. They each hate their opposing faction with such fervor that its to the point where it doesn't even make sense anymore. I hope Jaina realizes that like you said, this is Garrosh's horde which has to follow him. My hope is that the horde is seen as a tool that he is using, rather than something that is willingly opposing her. I'm sure most of the horde's people don't want to anger the strongest mage on Azeroth as much as the next guy.
    No, to be fair Varian has actually tried to make peace with the Horde many times, but something always seems to happen to him on the way to the meeting : /

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Captain Drok: The unthinkable has happened. Our siege on Theramore has failed.
    You're the contingency plan. Your mission is to infiltrate Theramore Isle.
    Burn their ships, butcher their flight master, sabotage their war machines, and rescue our spy.
    Throw them into chaos while we regroup. The eyes of Hellscream are upon you!

Jaina Proudmoore: This abberation destroyed everything… everyone…
    The Horde cannot be allowed to recover the Focusing Iris. Eliminate what remains of their forces and I will secure the artifact.
    I must attune to the Focusing Iris before transport. Protect me!

Captain Drok: No one can protect you! Kill the Proudmoore bitch, and bring me that bomb!

Jaina Proudmoore: Your people are despicable cowards, Orc! You're nothing more than rabid dogs, and you will be put down!

Captain Drok: Brave words, mage. I'll spit in your face when you beg for mercy.

Jaina Proudmoore: You spit on mercy? Then you will have none! You want carnage? Garrosh will get more blood than he ever bargained for!

Captain Drok: GRRAGGH! I'll bring the Warchief your head!

So because of that one line she's a frothing at the mouth racist?

Right....

They also missed the line where she singled out Garrosh for the carnage.
    STRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    How is hating the people that butchered the civilians of Theramore being a racist? Doesn't seem like anyone on the alliance is allowed to get angry at atrocities.
    Pretty much this, we have to read hordies spouting their "Remember camp Taurajo!"-nonsense every time because that was uncalled for (All tauren forces into Barrens and beyond passed through there, and they faceplanted into quillboars after being allowed to leave, but those are mere trifling details!), and all the stuff they did all over the world? Acceptable, since those were all military targets, Southshore, the Darkshore town (Troll flunkies FTW), Silverwind refuge, Gilneas, all pure military targets (Not counting druid highschool due to the "Dismissed off a cliff"-incident, but that too was hardly a military strongpoint)

With what we know of dialogue, Garrosh (And enough others to mount attacks all over the shop, so hardly Garrosh alone) are acting like drooling savages, so calling the hordies in question exactly that doesn't qualify as "Racism", if they pillage like a savage and rant like a savage, they are savages :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yeah, plus it really intersted me in what Jaina was thinking and what actions she was taking in this whole Alliance/Horde war that Garrosh and Varian had wanted

Because her pushing for peace in a war that has already started, is to me kinda a lost cause
    This whole war started because of mutal distrust and old hatrds between the factions
    the War will only breed even more hate and distrust

How many times has Varian tried to or made peace with the Horde? Four times (if you don't count the time he voted against exterminating them)

How many times has Garrosh tired to or made peace with the Alliance? Umm....let me get back to you on that.
    STRESS

i loved it.

f the horde

-signed gnome

I don't blame her at all. Wouldn't you be pissed if the opposing faction came in and annihilated YOUR town? I know I would be. And personally, regardless of whether or not Garrosh is the meathead causing all the mayhem - - he's the meathead that's in charge. He IS the Horde at this moment in time.

The first thing I thought was that the voiceactor fucking suckes compared to the one from WC3, not her personality change
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde player I say "Bring it Bitch"
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem fair that Jaina hates everyone in the horde for the actions of that meathead douchebag that has been a screw up from the beginning.
    It could be because the majority of the horde, players included, do whatever the hell he wants. Guilt by association. If the Horde really disapproves of his actions he would have been gone by now.

I say thank..algalon for this..<.< finally got her bum of and going to kill Horde..

she is right about hating the horde as whole since the ones that lead for it to happen (thrall appointing garrosh as warchief agaisnt everyone opinion) and the ones that didnt try to stop garrosh from doing it are as guilty as the ones that attacked theramore

Quote Originally Posted by shinikage View Post
    she is right about hating the horde as whole since the ones that lead for it to happen (thrall appointing garrosh as warchief agaisnt everyone opinion) and the ones that didnt try to stop garrosh from doing it are as guilty as the ones that attacked theramore
    I just don't get it, where does she say she hates the entire horde? The only ones she hates right now are orcs and garrosh.

i think it's a good thing if only for one reason.
    a human hero went from neutral to alliance and that should help shut up the conspiracy theorists about horde favoritism, not that it will, but it should.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

More fuel for the bonfire of glorious war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I'm wondering what Thrall will say about this whole scenario...
    i dont think he will do anything after all he didnt do anything about garrosh killing cairne or any of the crap he has done since he became warchief, well at least blizzard already said that thrall will not return to the position of warchief

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    More fuel for the bonfire of glorious war.
    There’s only one true path in life – the path that leads to war. - Mauryon of Biel-tan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    I don't think its a bad thing if Jania's fury is aimed at Garrosh's Horde. Her quotes imply that it is in the scenario, but I also hope that they're not merely setting Jania up to go Maiev or something later on. She's an excellent lore character and Blizzard's stance seems to be "kill off as many important people as possible" when it comes to expansions.

I'm still a little sore about them deciding to off Illidian when he was basically an anti-Hero in Warcraft III, to the point where a good reason to kill Illidan was never given.

ADAL: "Kill Vashj."
    ME: "Because she's threatening the balance of Zangarmarsh, right?"
    ADAL: "Yeah. Also, kill Kael'thas."
    ME: "Because he's working with demons and OH SNAP HE'S AN AGENT OF KIL'JAEDEN!"
    ADAL: "Uh huh. I suspected as much. By the way, you killed off his lieutenants and he's kind of running a slave camp, so kill Illidan please."
    ME: "Why?"
    ADAL: "Excuse me?"
    ME: "Well, he hasn't actually done anything except wriggle his finger at me after I won that race ...."
    ADAL: "He's half-demon. They're bad."
    ME: "But didn't he lock up Mag'theridon? And why did we free him and then kill him again?"
    ADAL: "Because Illidan was making Fel Orcs! And those are bad!"
    ME: "But wasn't Illidan fighting the Burning Legion, who was your common enemy?"
    ADAL: "Look, do you want to be my Hand or not?"
    ME: *grumbles*
    ADAL: "he drops legendary weapons"
    ME: "he is dead meat"