Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i think it's a good thing if only for one reason.
    a human hero went from neutral to alliance and that should help shut up the conspiracy theorists about horde favoritism, not that it will, but it should.
    Well, not that I am for the "conspiracy theories" you mentionned, but Jaina never was neutral to begin wiith, so those theory will go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all Thrall's fault. I don't know what he was thinking putting a lunatic like Garrosh in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Well, not that I am for the "conspiracy theories" you mentionned, but Jaina never was neutral to begin wiith, so those theory will go on.

INgame she wasn't for mechanic reasons. But in lore she was, and Theramore was supposed to be a Neutral city.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Actually I thought when Anduin grows up he'll get together with Jaina.
    in fact Anduin will become a neutral questgiver in MoP so he will become the new peacemonger

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    INgame she wasn't for mechanic reasons. But in lore she was, and Theramore was supposed to be a Neutral city.
    No Lorewise Theramore was an Alliance city, it was never neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fecking wonderful... great.. Well done blizzard, make Jaina into a character worse then Varian who hates the horde after she tried to hard for peace.

just... why can't they stop trying to appease the 'we need more WAR in warcraft' players.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    just... why can't they stop trying to appease the 'we need more WAR in warcraft' players.
    ...Because this expansion is about war?

Oh fecking wonderful... great.. Well done blizzard, make Jaina into a character worse then Varian who hates the horde after she tried to hard for peace.

Did you guys hear a different audio file? As far as I recall she said she hated Orcs and given what she sacrificed to achieve peace with them only to have them sack her city and its inhabitants, it is reasonable. If Garrosh had just taken controll of the city, things would have turned out quite differently, besides I doubt Jaina will hate the orcs for a long time, after she burned a few hundred Orcs soldiers to crisps, she might calm down.

Because Trassk unfortunately there are lots of players that have no idea about the lore of the game, haven't played before Wrath of the Lich King and they can only think of the PVP saying that we have to justify the PVP bringing the war in warcraft. What those players don't understand is that the term is World of Warcraft not a world where we are crafting war and have to be constantly on war. They also don't understand that War was always here either it was skirmitches between the Horde and the Alliance or against a major enemy.

I don't think she's anti-horde. I think she's mostly pissed at Garrosh and the Orcs. She has tried and tried for peace and then Garrosh comes along and totally destroys Theremore, kills everyone in it and everything she's worked so hard to build.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Spot on my friend, spot on. As 'boring' as Jaina is sitting in her tower in Theramore trying to get the Orcs to play nice with Humans, it's what made her character. Now with her possibly being as unreasonable as Garrosh and Varian, how will the fighting ever end?
    I would say a large smoking crater would be a high probability outcome.

More seriously though right now she's pissed, rightfuly so and out for some vengence. I suspect she'll calm down a bit after she has garrosh's head on a pike.

Who is John Galt?

Because this expansion is built with us, the 'we need more WAR in warcraft' players, in mind; not you. Sucks to be you.

Now this is just pure speculation, but with Theramore, Jaina, atrocities under Org, all leads me to believe Jaina tries to stop Garrosh herself, only to be capture and experimented on. Pure mage with fel energies maybe? If it was Jaina, I could see both the Alliance (obviously) and the Horde (Thrall has always had a soft spot for her) going to stop Garrosh and help her. With the way the character is being built up it seems more likely to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Because Trassk unfortunately there are lots of players that have no idea about the lore of the game, haven't played before Wrath of the Lich King and they can only think of the PVP saying that we have to justify the PVP bringing the war in warcraft. What those players don't understand is that the term is World of Warcraft not a world where we are crafting war and have to be constantly on war. They also don't understand that War was always here either it was skirmitches between the Horde and the Alliance or against a major enemy.
    Warcraft 3 was the best of times and the story following it, in a time when attempts at peace was made but battles were still faught.

Now, the whole thing STINKS of rancid plotholes. So Jaina one moment helps Baine take back thunderbluff, but then goes two faced and sends theramore troops to attack the barrens which leads to dead tauren. So the horde attacks theramore because of this two faced'ness, and now Jaina has gone from wanting peace, to being a 'RAWWRRRR SMASH ALL ORCS' worse then Varian??

Its complete bloody plotholing.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Because this expansion is built with us, the 'we need more WAR in warcraft' players, in mind; not you. Sucks to be you.
    What goes around comes around, so when mists is over and the wars over, your be whining like you have been all this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Since when do PvPers actually care about lore? All they need to know is who's the enemy. I've been playing WoW since 2005 and WC3 before that. I know the lore pretty well, thank you. With all the horrors done by the Horde (Hillsbrad, Southshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, not forgetting Wrathgate and the Broken Front), it was just a matter of time before Jaina took a more aggressive stance. She could not remain a peacemaker long without looking stupid. It was also only a matter of time before the Horde tries to eliminate Theramore for its strategic importance. So now its impossible for Jaina to remain as optimistic on relations with the Horde. Anything else would just be insane and stupid. All this is perfectly logical.

And face it: Warcraft has always been about the Alliance vs the Horde (or Humans vs Orcs). Even in WC3, they fight each other. Only in the last chapter of the Orc campaign do they forge an alliance of convenience.

What goes around comes around, so when mists is over and the wars over, your be whining like you have been all this time.
    Don't think I ever have to be honest. For now, your delicious tears will suffice.

I didn't said every PVPer in the game. Only some players that only care about is PVP. The thing is that you don't need to have a huge war to justify PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    She shouldn't *hate* the Horde but support the war only because there is no other good options.
    The Horde completely decimates Theramore, apparently with something worse than the big bomb they dropped on the young druids. Of course she should hate them. It wasn't just soldiers who were slaughtered, it was the civilians. In fact one could say she has every right to be enraged over the murder of the druids (Cataclysm), dropping a giant Goblin A-bomb isn't exactly ethical. Yes, you can say the Alliance provoked war, but you can't say they nuked anyone.... twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something few here don't seem to understand. War is a period of time, and wars are faught to beat the other side until one side stands the victor. Some of you seems to think war needs to be a constant state otherwise its just not warcraft.

To that I say, what a god dam joke (I would say worse if it wasn't bannable). Honestly, they did a freaking 180 on Jaina's personality, made her into Varian on Roids, and now she doesn't not just care for peace, she wants to kill orcs?

It was bad enough with all the other shit they've done of later, but in trying to appease the whining pvp crowd, they sacrificed some brilliant characters as a result.