Picked Up an old Hobby Today... (Pictures)

Hey all, just picked up an old hobby of mine again, something I did as a kid, decided to give it another go. I used to love modeling/molding with aluminum foil. Hope you like it. Not too bad for a first shot back at it. Above all, I had fun doing it.

Titled it: The Templar

Lemme know what you think, I'll likely do more now that I've gotten myself in the mood for it. Definitely helps pass the time in a creative way for me.

not seeing the pictures here

Thanks Everything Nice!!! It really was enjoyable. Gaming, drawing etc has been kind of dull to me recently, assuming I've burnt out, but this has really set a spark for me.

Bals: You can see one of the pictures here if you'd like. http://Hardlywaken.deviantart.com/ar...odel-305619095

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks really interesting. It would be cool posting more pictures of future models you make.

Nice!! I've seen some interesting ways to use tin foil but that one is the best to date. Post more!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    That looks really interesting. It would be cool posting more pictures of future models you make.
    Absolutely, will do. I'm having an artistic mental clash with the fact that it bothers me a bit that it crinkles so I can't always get the flat shiny details I'd like, but its a media I guess, they all have their perks and drawbacks, simply something that takes more detailing and smoothing with a flat surface. Definitely adds a challenge in the detail department!

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 05:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mshaylle View Post
    Nice!! I've seen some interesting ways to use tin foil but that one is the best to date. Post more!
    You mean like a hat? <3
    Kidding! I'll see what else I can pull out of my brain and keep this post updated if I do manage anything worth sharing! Thank you for the interest!!!

You could try using the "wash" dyes from Warhammer kits to add a burnished look to the armor

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

Those. Either the yellow or the red (or a mix of them) would probably work quite well.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-06-01 at 08:10 AM.

What a manly version of papercraft. Very cool.

Deleted
    That's kind of cool, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You could try using the "wash" dyes from Warhammer kits to add a burnished look to the armor

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

Those. Either the yellow or the red (or a mix of them) would probably work quite well.
    I think that's my next step. While I love the media the one major flaw is that it can't be seen real well from a distance because the mono color, especially adding in the reflectiveness, its not as interesting as it could be. I'd love to start adding color. I'll have to test around to see what sticks to aluminum well, because not a lot does from my experience without wiping or smearing.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That is probably one of the more awesome ways to channel some creativity I've seen lately.
    Well done!

How long did that one take you?
    Sorry missed the time question. It took like 3 or 4 hours. Most of that is folding and poking fine holes. The detailed eork can be time consuming.

Absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see if/when you do more.

Deleted
    Well done! Moar, please!

Amazing. Really great work.

Sadly tho, I was expecting masterbation
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Amazing. Really great work.

Sadly tho, I was expecting masterbation
    I didn't title it " I continued my same hobby today" rofl.

In all seriousness though, I will definitely make more. You've all been very inspirational!

Deleted
    The fact that you've taken the time to do something you enjoy for no real reason is awesome. I wish I had the kind of talent to do something cool like that. Kudos.